TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #41
garrettej8
Tri-State Addict

Member #1793

My Ride:
2008 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3

Send a message via AIM to garrettej8
heh, it's like a mazdaspeed reunion. anyway, I wish there were more companies that made parts for my car kind of like the MSM. there needs to be more of a competition between manufacturers. I'm sure after a little while there will be since the ms3 has only been out since 07.

2008 MAZDASPEED 3
- COBB SRI, CS INSERTS /// 14.2@104 FWD FTL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2000 VSM CIVIC COUPE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
stolen

CANON
garrettej8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #42
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettej8 View Post
heh, it's like a mazdaspeed reunion. anyway, I wish there were more companies that made parts for my car kind of like the MSM. there needs to be more of a competition between manufacturers. I'm sure after a little while there will be since the ms3 has only been out since 07.
What I was told by Revision is that the MS3 has a disadvantage in the sense that it is Direct Injection, and it hasnt been fully worked with yet in the aftermarket sense. The MSM has Multi-Port and that is already developed.

Im sure they are working on it, but in the meantime, boltons are around I have no doubt. Intakes and exhaust systems are usually out pretty quickly..what have you done so far?

P.S. it would be cool to have a Mazdaspeed meet, MS6, MS3, MSM, MSP, whatever other ones there are if any...I think that me and I like rice are the only 2 on TST with MSMs though.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #43
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
P.S. it would be cool to have a Mazdaspeed meet, MS6, MS3, MSM, MSP, whatever other ones there are if any...I think that me and I like rice are the only 2 on TST with MSMs though.
Everyone i know of in the Mazda community has talked about this but i have yet to see one go down. Maybe we should just get something going, or just tag along when we know there is another big meet and just get a good showing of Mazdaspeeds.

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #44
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonTsi97 View Post
Everyone i know of in the Mazda community has talked about this but i have yet to see one go down. Maybe we should just get something going, or just tag along when we know there is another big meet and just get a good showing of Mazdaspeeds.
Well when I get the car this weekend, Ill probbably just make a thread in the Upcoming Events section with a feeler title, and then the Speed people can spread it around and hopefully we can have one by the end of the summer. I would post it in there now, but bad things tend to happen when I jump the gun...probbably should have waited to make this thread anyway, but the car is in a warehouse so its not like someone will steal it, and its already sold to me so its not like someone can buy it out from under me.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #45
garrettej8
Tri-State Addict

Member #1793

My Ride:

Quote:
Im sure they are working on it, but in the meantime, boltons are around I have no doubt. Intakes and exhaust systems are usually out pretty quickly..what have you done so far?
I only have a cobb intake and corksport rear motor mount inserts so far. I should be getting my corksport test-pipe that replaces the second cat in the mail shortly. I'm going to get the cobb accessport eventually but I'm just waiting for more maps to become available.

2008 MAZDASPEED 3

2000 VSM CIVIC COUPE
stolen

CANON

Last edited by garrettej8; 06-03-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #46
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
I only have a cobb intake and corksport rear motor mount inserts so far. I should be getting my corksport test-pipe that replaces the second cat in the mail shortly. I'm going to get the cobb accessport eventually but I'm just waiting for more maps to become available.
Sounds nice...do you know if they make the accessport for the MSM?? It would be cool to have launch control, not that its really needed with all of 155whp, I only got them to spin once, and a chirp into 2nd a few times. I will probbably cave in and start doing light modding despite what I said before, but the antenna, HIDs, and an intake are first. I might get the Flyinmiata intake kit instead of buying all of the nonsense exterior and lighting first. Another thing I want to do eventually is remove the dummy oil pressure gauge and put in a same sized same color same backlight functional boost gauge into there, they even make them with the Mazdaspeed logo. Here is the intake kit.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?...20%20W/O%20MAF

Id get an ebay intercooler first, but I am worried that there will be overheating issues, cause the lower grille is the only place where air can get the radiator...kinda similar to the 2g DSM in a way.

Id also like to get a smoother spool and a sooner one as well. The stock setup peaks at around 5000rpm with a 6500rpm redline, id like it to be at full spool around 3500 or lower.

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 06-03-2008 at 07:09 PM.
CleanNeon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 PM   #47
SupraJDS
Tri-State Addict

Member #2560

Wow man nice upgrade

Congrats
Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 PM   #48
garrettej8
Tri-State Addict

Member #1793

My Ride:

I'm not sure if cobb is in the process or going to make an accessport for the msm. I believe they're developing one for the mazdaspeed6 and it just came out for the 3 not even a month ago. I'd like to just use cobb products so it all works in harmony with the maps.

oh and I can't tell but does the msm have projectors? that'd be sweet if it did because hid's would look great.

2008 MAZDASPEED 3

2000 VSM CIVIC COUPE
stolen

CANON
Old 06-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #49
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
I'm not sure if cobb is in the process or going to make an accessport for the msm. I believe they're developing one for the mazdaspeed6 and it just came out for the 3 not even a month ago. I'd like to just use cobb products so it all works in harmony with the maps.
Do you know if the stock ECU can be chipped and tuned on these cars or I have to go with a standalone like Hydra? If not chipped, would I be able to get away with a SAFC2 or Apexi Neo for example?? Not looking to drop a lot of coin right now, I am curious to see if anyone makes just an intake for these cars that is relatively cheap, maybe I can get an Ebay one like I did for the civic in the meantime and just run a good filter, its gotta be good for at laest some gains, unlike on my civic. It doesnt look like its out there but maybe ill make one myself in the meantime if its a safe idea...someone told me that intakes on turbo cars are a bad idea becuase of possible turbo surge, but I see it done all the time. It would be much easier if I knew what all of the charge pipes nad IC pipes did, that way I wouldnt touch something that I shouldnt.

Oh and SupraJDS, thanks! Its definately a big change for me...its still a car with 4 wheels but everything actually works like I want it to on this one lol. No more understeer FTMFW!!

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 06-03-2008 at 07:45 PM.
CleanNeon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #50
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Quote:
btw I only counted 5 logos in my head

2x doorsills
1x mirror
1x trunklid
1x gauge cluster
edit: found another on the exhaust tip

edit: dont tell me where they are, I dont work sundays so this could be a fun activity haha
You have to look harder (engine bay, lower portion of car inside and out)

ECU is not flashable, so you either have to go with Megasquirt, Hydra, or Xede. A few have tried the Greddy system but numerous issues with idle, stalling, running ultra rich, etc.

The HIDs are worth it

Nice cutoff with the stock projectors
i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #51
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Rice, thats some good OEM projectors in there..is it easier to remove the headlights and install that way? It seems sort of accesable on the passangers side but on the drivers side all of the piping is in the way.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #52
garrettej8
Tri-State Addict

Member #1793

My Ride:

oh so those cars do come with projectors?

2008 MAZDASPEED 3

2000 VSM CIVIC COUPE
stolen

CANON
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #53
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
oh so those cars do come with projectors?

Yes
Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #54
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Quote:
Rice, thats some good OEM projectors in there..is it easier to remove the headlights and install that way? It seems sort of accesable on the passangers side but on the drivers side all of the piping is in the way.
Plug N play, 10-15 minute install.

Once you install an aftermarket intake, you'll have plenty of space when the stock airbox is removed.
i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #55
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
looks clean dude. good luck with it.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #56
justinlansdale
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4286

My Ride:
old BMW & obnoxious bike(s)

Send a message via AIM to justinlansdale
wow, you made a great choice! i'm definitly jealous! theres two red MSMs for sale within 5 minutes of each other at two different dealerships on 309 right now!

awesome car, another member to the mazdaspeed community!

//
justinlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:45 PM   #57
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlansdale View Post
wow, you made a great choice! i'm definitly jealous! theres two red MSMs for sale within 5 minutes of each other at two different dealerships on 309 right now!

awesome car, another member to the mazdaspeed community!
Wonder what they cost
Old 06-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #58
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to WRX_JB
Nice car , glad to see upgrade from honda

-AWD Civic 91' - Sold -2000 Cavalier -Sold
-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
WRX_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #59
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

What do you guys know about driving convertibles in the wintertime?? I hear ice buildup can weaken the softtop and I really dont want to get a hardtop for the thing...maybe a car cover so I can just keep it clear of buildup when I know the snow or storms are coming?? I can leave it the same way covered at work, home, whatever
Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #60
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

Send a message via AIM to pearl
it snowed once here this winter, i dont think you have much to worry about.
Last Activity: 03-24-2009 12:05 PM
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote