TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

VETTE_50_TH's 2004 STi Clean Thread

So, i recently purchased a 2004 STi with 83k miles. It had a few mods, some things i didnt like, some things i did. It had a Apexi catback, SPt intake, v limited splitter, kenwood navi, two amps, and a cheap kicker 10" sub. Basically my idea is to make it one of the cleanest cars on the east coast. Or thats my plans. Fix all the bumps and bruises on the car, and remain as close to stock with limited mods that improve drivability, and looks. Im not looking to really gain any more power out of it, ive owned a fast bike, a fast dsm and i dont need another fast car. I want a SUPER clean car now.

First thing i did was rewire the Hella Supertones and cleaned up the wiring. I spent 3 hours building perfect length wires, heat shrinking, and tucking the wiring.

Second thing i did was clean the engine bay fully.

My next project is a FULL detail of the interior. Pull the seats, carpet and clean every inch of the interior. Also change the cabin filter.

After that, im going to rewire the amps, relocate them under the seats and change the sub, and fatmat the trunk.

Next will be to fix all the dents, scratches, replace both bumpers with new ones, get them repainted, pull the wing, fill the holes, and repaint the trunk and get the car fully detailed.

Those are my future changes for this year. Next year will be suspension mods, thicker sway bars, new struts/springs/top hats, and remove the exhaust send it away to get extrude honed for the headers and ceramic coat the full exhaust.

Ill post pics as things get changed. Ill update this shortly with pics of the car and things ive done so far.

Thanks for the space.
VETTE_50_TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Heres some pics.

From the Ad.

When i went to look at it.

When i got it home.

Rats nest of wiring before i fixed it.

Pic of what it looked like under the hood. YUCK.

After the rewire of the Hella supertones and wire tuck of the amp wires. Removed the strut brace. I bent that bitch with my knee! Cheap junk **** doesnt belong here!

Closeup of the battery. Cleaned the tray, battery, grinded the battery tie down bracket and repainted it and cleaned up the wiring and tucked it.

SPT intake.

SPT oil cap.

Rewired to the factory signal wires and tucked the wiring and made the grounds super short. Thats all you see up close. Super clean.

Hope you all like!

Last edited by VETTE_50_TH; 07-29-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:04 AM   #3
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Ive also since cleaned the bay. No shots of that yet. Tomorrow i think is the start of project interior cleaning. I also found the factory alcantara fabric for the STI so i might remove the rear seats and door cards to match the seats. We will see.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

I like them, more pics please

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Thanks. I want to get my door cards like yours above but with the alcantara fabric instead of the plain blue suede material. Ill post more as stuff gets done. Just wanted to show off the little bit ive done so far.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #6
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

I say suspension asap, I think they look so aggressive with the right coilover set up on

Quote:
Old 07-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
I say suspension asap, I think they look so aggressive with the right coilover set up on
I want to stay as close to stock as possible. I think ill revalve the sti struts and put a 1 inch lower spring on it with some camber plates. 1 inch should make this car sit nicely. I dont wanna spent 2.5k on nice coilovers and thats all id buy. I dont another cheap coilover. But you are right, dropping this makes a world of difference.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #8
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Ive also thought heavily on switching to 5x114. This 5x100 is some bull****.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
one8turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6018

My Ride:
'11 wrx

Always makes me happy seeing someone pick a nice car up and actually taking the time to fix the po's mistakes. Keep up the work and pics.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

Yeah 5x100 blows donkey meat

Quote:
Old 07-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Just cleaned my garage so its time to get started on the car!

Need to fix a few things like i said....

Switch for neons that the first owners grandson put on after he drove it for a month. I think she got mad at all the things he did and then made he trade it in. It was hers for the first 6 years

And the boost gauge is gone soon too. I hate that they mounted it to the pillar like that...WHYWHYWHYWHY

Did have this nice addition though...

Horns tucked away nicely.

Wiring to the passenger side horn.

And the driver side.

And what everyone has been waiting to see...

Underhood pics after cleaning.

I have no patience for wiring or stuff like that. So im proud with how it turned out so far.

Last edited by VETTE_50_TH; 07-29-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Was giving a friend a ride and tried to turn on the intercooler sprayer when i got home. It didnt spray anything. And i found a puddle on the rear passenger side under the car. GREAT.

Took a look and the container has developed a crack. Another thing to fix. Might be able to repair this though. Also going to pick up some denatured alcohol to run in it too. More pics to come!

EDIT: Looks like this is a polypropylene plastic, which is a low energy state plastic, meaning its hard to weld or epoxy it. Only thing you can do is replace it or try a goop product. I think the best thing to do is just replace it. Goop is a short term fix for a long term problem. Alcohol and methanol is rough on goop is looks like after reading is MSDS. Guess im on the look out for a IC sprayer container.

Last edited by VETTE_50_TH; 07-29-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #13
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

Very clean brother, nice job, almost as clean as my engine bay ;)

Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Just got my parts in to fix the IC sprayer, replace the passenger window switch, replace the A pillar plastic and blank plastic next to the DCCD switch. Then time to clean.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #15
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

BUMP. Just got the car buffed and waxed By Corey (x03_EVOx). Car is looking CLEAN. Needs a wet sand in some areas but wow. Night and day difference. So silky smooth and shiny. Going to clean the interior tomorrow and get that all shiny and im nearly done with the car.

I replaced the IC sprayer tank and filled it with distilled water. I need to find a clean 04 steering wheel and a few JDM parts, and stock BBS gold rims, but im happy with the way it looks. Ill take some pics tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
x03_EVOx
Tri-State Addict

Member #22077

My Ride:
2003 Mitsubishi Evo 8

Hope your happy man! I will definitely take care of those scratches next time when I get some sand paper. Nice meeting we should definitely go to some meets sometime together or something. Let me know I'd your free Sunday. There is a meet is Lancaster.

1995 Mitsu 3000gt VR4 - Sold

2003 RR Mitsu EVO 8 - Current....need a better DD!
2005 Mitsu Outlander XLS - The Wifey's ride.....
x03_EVOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #17
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

DEf man. I aint got **** going on. Gotta clean again already...drove at night
Old 09-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
LostMarine
Tri-State Addict

Member #14447

My Ride:
2009 E92 M3 -2007 BMW 335I (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTE_50_TH View Post
BUMP. Just got the car buffed and waxed By Corey (x03_EVOx). Car is looking CLEAN. Needs a wet sand in some areas but wow. Night and day difference. So silky smooth and shiny. Going to clean the interior tomorrow and get that all shiny and im nearly done with the car.

I replaced the IC sprayer tank and filled it with distilled water. I need to find a clean 04 steering wheel and a few JDM parts, and stock BBS gold rims, but im happy with the way it looks. Ill take some pics tomorrow.
said pics of before and after?
LostMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #19
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Just got my new exhaust bolted on. I went the long route and replace all the gaskets and bolts on the cat back. So everything is all fresh and clean. I might get to do a bit more tomorrow. Ill have pics tomorrow fer sure. Also found out a have the holy strut clunk of the driver rear strut. Another thing Subaru can fix before the warranty runs out.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #20
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

Stock exhaust?

Quote: