TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
Things that pedestrians do while your driving..

So, I have come across multiple occasions where I was going THE speed limit or just under... and some one would be yelling at me to slow down.... or anything of the sort...

this irritates the crap out of me, since im doing nothing wrong.

anyways, this is the thing that got me started on this topic lol..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

reddit says this is as old as dial up
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
reddit says this is as old as dial up
meh, **** reddit. i think its funny still

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
The Alchemist
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14803

Funny, the drug dealers just throw rocks at your car if you are speeding threw the hood
Old 12-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
I was in my dads neighborhood and a pedestrian started yelling at me for going too fast. Its a neighborhood, with no marked speed limit sign. By law, that means its a 55mph zone. I was doing NO MORE than 35mph. Lady throws her arms up in the air and starts yelling at me as im coming towards her, like I was doing something wrong.

Dropped it from 4th to 2nd and stood on it. Suck it, lady.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

i once had a guy running out into the street to tell me to slow down, i had to swerve to miss him.

i was doing 25-30 in a 25 in a 73 mustang... dip**** nearly caused an accident
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #7
Godofelru
Tri-State Addict

Member #14116

My Ride:
Turbo 07 Spec V @ 11psi

Send a message via AIM to Godofelru
I'm pretty sure in Jersey if it's residential the speed limit is generally 25-35. I can't imagine 55 being a reasonable speed limit through a residential area. However I don't know the laws nor do I live in PA; these are just my experiences living in a small town with very few speed limit signs here in Jersey.
Godofelru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godofelru View Post
I'm pretty sure in Jersey if it's residential the speed limit is generally 25-35. I can't imagine 55 being a reasonable speed limit through a residential area. However I don't know the laws nor do I live in PA; these are just my experiences living in a small town with very few speed limit signs here in Jersey.
Im pretty sure that any unmarked road is automatically assumed as a 55mph zone in PA. I dont disagree with you though- 55 through a neighborhood IS unreasonable. My point was that I was only doing 30, maybe 35. If the law TECHNICALLY says I can do 55, then lady should be complaining to the township about getting a posted speed limit sign installed- not yelling at drivers who are driving completely within the confines of the law.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
BlkWhtTSI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7329

My Ride:
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, '701/2 Camaro RS, '85 Mustang GT

Send a message via AIM to BlkWhtTSI
once a lady jumped out in front of my car while i was going 35 in a 35, i hit her and to this day i still pick hair out of my front passenger wheel well.
Quote:
Get some signatures in so you can post pics of your car.
BlkWhtTSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #10
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkWhtTSI View Post
once a lady jumped out in front of my car while i was going 35 in a 35, i hit her and to this day i still pick hair out of my front passenger wheel well.
hahaha YES
Old 12-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #11
92sileighty
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #6020

My Ride:
05 S2000

i was coming around a turn on a residential street and i saw a guy "walking" his 2 kids in a red wagon in the middle of the street. since i was observing this and thinking how i was going to go around him, i was going maybe 10-15 mph tops. as i was getting close he decides jumps in front of my car. i stop, and he puts his hands on my hood as if he's stopping me in my tracks like superman or something. he then yells "slow the **** down you asshole, don't you see me and my kids?" i go "really? slow down? if i was able to stop when you jumped in front of me without running you or your kids over, was i speeding?" he goes "get the **** out of the car so i can teach you a lesson" i go "really? how about you get the **** out of the street and take your little red wagon full of stowaways on the sidewalk" now he decides to come over to my door and attempts to open it while screaming various things that might have been english at me. when he gets there i drive up a little bit, because i'm clearly not gonna fight this wack-job. he decides to try to do it again so i drove off "spiritedly" making his kids cry. crazy ass people i tell you.
92sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
MikeK
Tri-State Addict

Member #18132

My Ride:
06' STi

Was going 25 in a 25 in my slowbalt. Friend said to accelerate so as I was (was still below 30) some guy rolls his basketball in front my car and runs towards me. I get out and say "what the hell is your problem" he told me that I was speeding and putting his kids in danger... they were at the top of his driveway. Told him I was going the speed limit when he threw the ball and he said "sounded like you were going faster" ... d*****bag.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #13
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
i get dirty looks from older people and moms because my car is loud. cause you know a loud car must be speeding.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #14
92sileighty
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #6020

My Ride:
05 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspek View Post
i get dirty looks from older people and moms because my car is loud. cause you know a loud car must be speeding.
oh of course.

god forbid we drive by little jonny who's playing in the street while the uneducated "stay-at-home mom" is paying more attention to that bottle of wine than her child.

Last edited by 92sileighty; 12-13-2010 at 02:02 PM.
92sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #15
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

I had a guy walk into the middle of the road and try to stop me too. He put his hand out like saying "HALT!"

I stopped about 10ft from him, and he wanted to come up to my window and yell at me. As he moved out from in front of my car, i left. As I drove by him, he PUNCHED my window with his hand, which prompted me to stop in the street and launch the car (yeah, all 150whp of fury).

Who punches a window though? If it broke, he'd have a cut hand and a repair bill to pay.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #16
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

I used to get blood curdling screams from some woman in my neighborhood every time I drove by during the summer "SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"... I was going about 20.
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #17
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Taking the mr2 in high rpms down 15mph roads = people screaming to slow down,as theyre walking almost as fast as im going
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

Little children jump around and run in circles and point at my car and die from excitement because they think my car is so badass. Children know what's up.
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #19
Burnt2Death
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #17935

My Ride:
Whatever I feel like.

I live in a 15mph neighborhood. My neighbors right next to me yell at every person in the summer while they sit on their porch. But when they drive through they are doing 20-25mph easily. A bunch of drunk trailer trash. The sad part is its a gravel bumpy road and no one goes over 15mph anyway besides them.

I just love the fact that when I start my car every morning bright and early my exhaust is only about 15ft from their bedroom. I rev it up every morning just to see their window shake lol. I never enjoyed warming my car up as much as I do now. Especially after they have been up all night drinking and smokin...
Burnt2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #20
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Iride... spell check please.

People have been told to slow down a few times, when doing the limit, meh its annoying. I'm the city 25MPH can be too fast thought, so many kids, tight streets, people opening doors and doing rolling stops. Nobody has ever ran out to stop me. Once there was a drunk lady who almost had her life ended by my bumper. I asked what her problem she slurred, walked a few feet and tripped over the curb.

I have also told someone to slow the F down. I was cross the street at the alley (on foot) and a car did a rolling turn at the stop sign and almost took me out. He got smart with me, but didn't get out of the car. Then flew down the street about 40mph with tons a kids playing, too bad I was carrying my tool bag and it would have been fun.
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote