TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #361
fastflyinaccord
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20609

My Ride:
2000 CG3 Accord

I do believe the parking issue could have been alleviated if they had access to the entire runway or at least a bit more. They could have spaced the cars out a little more.

As with the garbage, you could have 3 garbage cans in each row and people will still leave their trash on the ground. They're loser, imo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

fastflyinaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #362
Outlawstar98
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6940

My Ride:
06 BMW; 13 BRZ

Send a message via AIM to Outlawstar98 Send a message via MSN to Outlawstar98
I left around 5:15 and thats when they were walking around picking up trash. There was a nice amount of trash laying around. Thats why you always have a Wawa bag in your car for your own trash.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #363
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx View Post
Some of us were on motorcycles. Some of us simply didnt care. Either way, your 4 year old doesnt know what it smells like. Just because you do doesnt make the "family" argument valid. There is nothing more offensive about pot smoke than tobacco smoke. If it bothers you that much, call the cops. They seemed to have been on their toes all day.
Wow, how disrespectful. If I saw you on your bike smoking a blunt, I probably would have Frank Hart'd your bike.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #364
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
Wow. You're a shinning example of a douche. Just because the kid doesn't know what it smells like doesn't make it right or any better.

It's called respect...something you are clearly lacking.
You are certainly correct. I do not have respect for an unjust law, or people whining about my medical needs. If I were openly smoking and doing it for recreation, I could see the concern (not that Id agree with it). I dont complain about the medicine you take, so why am I any different? If youre going to complain about pot, you better be prepared to complain about cigarettes.

“If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.” – Thomas Jefferson

Also, nice job with the name calling. You must be so mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvlEgl View Post
What does being on a motorcycle have to do with it?

She suggested doing it in a car. I didnt bring one.

Last edited by 420sx; 04-22-2013 at 09:12 PM.
420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #365
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
Wow, how disrespectful. If I saw you on your bike smoking a blunt, I probably would have Frank Hart'd your bike.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Blunts are unhealthy. If you saw me smoking pot, you wouldnt have even known what it was.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #366
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

I think some of you people ate lead paint as children.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #367
jmax240
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #23560

My Ride:
1997 240sx, 1999 maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownHemiD View Post
I personally had a great time today. Led a caravan from Wilkes-Barre that joined the Lehigh Caravan... it was insanely awesome. As far as people and burnouts go, I just ignore them. My only complaint was this yellow honda that kept revving and popping, even when people kindly asked him to stop!
haha, my buddy and I were laughing at that tool in the yellow honda. He drove in a circle hitting his two step I guess then went back to his parking spot.
jmax240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #368
jmax240

Member #23560

My Ride:
1997 240sx, 1999 maxima

Anybody see the bike and car that got in an accident. Saw them with a cop behind them close to the meet when leaving.
jmax240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #369
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
I had a great time at the meet. reading through the past few pages i see where some people are talking about with the parking and the people doing burnouts. with a meet of over 2000+ cars you going to have to understand that parking is going to be the best, and you have to know where theres a meet, theres going to be those people who break the rules. I give a big pat on the back for all the volunteers for making it what it was. I got there early and enjoyed the cars driving in. Saved me a lot of time walking around lol.
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #370
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:
You are certainly correct. I do not have respect for an unjust law, or people whining about my medical needs. If I were openly smoking and doing it for recreation, I could see the concern (not that Id agree with it). I dont complain about the medicine you take, so why am I any different? If youre going to complain about pot, you better be prepared to complain about cigarettes.

“If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.” – Thomas Jefferson

Also, nice job with the name calling. You must be so mature.

She suggested doing it in a car. I didnt bring one.
You can quote anyone you want, doesn't make you sound any smarter.

You're partially right though, perhaps me calling it like it is, that of you being a douche isn't exactly mature, but based on your comment to the DC chick, you don't deserve a mature response.

Don't back pedal now and try to use medicinal reasons as an excuse. You could have opened with that fact, instead of pretty much telling someone that their kid and family don't mean anything.

Even if you do have a medicinal reason to smoke it which I doubt, but honestly don't care, doesn't change the fact that you could have walked away, to where little kids and other people weren't around.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #371
FirstStateCamber

Member #21520

My Ride:
93.5 Supra TT

MOAR PICS!!! Where are they kids???
FirstStateCamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #372
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
Life must suck if you can't make it through a few hour car show/meet without having to smoke up.
Three compressed discs is quite painful, I agree. Its also a much safer alternative to the doctors suggestion- 30mg percoset.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #373
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
You can quote anyone you want, doesn't make you sound any smarter.

You're partially right though, perhaps me calling it like it is, that of you being a douche isn't exactly mature, but based on your comment to the DC chick, you don't deserve a mature response.

Don't back pedal now and try to use medicinal reasons as an excuse. You could have opened with that fact, instead of pretty much telling someone that their kid and family don't mean anything.

Even if you do have a medicinal reason to smoke it which I doubt, but honestly don't care, doesn't change the fact that you could have walked away, to where little kids and other people weren't around.
I did in fact walk away from other people. My reasoning for this was not because of families- I stand by my reasoning that cigarette smoke is just as annoying to be around. My reply was representing all who smoked there. There were 2000+ people. If you dont like people acting in a way you dont like, dont go. Simple as that. I didnt care for a lot of the behavior there, but I dont hop online and whine about it. Im not back pedaling, youre just looking for reasons to feel like you were right. I like to get out and enjoy myself, but my injury limits me. If I can get some relief without bothering anyone else, who are you to judge?

Who's next?

Last edited by 420sx; 04-22-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #374
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:

Quote:
I did in fact walk away from other people. My reasoning for this was not because of families- I stand by my reasoning that cigarette smoke is just as annoying to be around. My reply was representing all who smoked there. There were 2000+ people. If you dont like people acting in a way you dont like, dont go. Simple as that. I didnt care for a lot of the behavior there, but I dont hop online and whine about it. Im not back pedaling, youre just looking for reasons to feel like you were right. I like to get out and enjoy myself, but my injury limits me. If I can get some relief without bothering anyone else, who are you to judge?
And I didn't disagree about cigarettes. I don't like cigarette smoke either.

But just because something else annoying is going on someplace, doesn't mean that everyone should simply add to it. Still doesn't make sense when you state your reasoning for walking away wasn't because of respect for families.

The point is, obviously the pot smoking bothered some people. Was it you? Who knows, I certainly don't. My point again was, instead of hoping online and acting like you did and telling someone that their family didn't matter, you could have perhaps made a better case for yourself from the beginning, and perhaps it wouldn't have elicited the responses it did from more than just myself.

And on a side note, last time I checked, medical marijuana isn't legalized in PA, so claiming you use it for medicinal purposes when you have other forms of medication you can take and recommened by a doctor, is just a BS reason to smoke it. But that's just IMO.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #375
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Here is where everyone is posting pics
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...=130384&page=4

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #376
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
And I didn't disagree about cigarettes. I don't like cigarette smoke either.

But just because something else annoying is going on someplace, doesn't mean that everyone should simply add to it. Still doesn't make sense when you state your reasoning for walking away wasn't because of respect for families.

The point is, obviously the pot smoking bothered some people. Was it you? Who knows, I certainly don't. My point again was, instead of hoping online and acting like you did and telling someone that their family didn't matter, you could have perhaps made a better case for yourself from the beginning, and perhaps it wouldn't have elicited the responses it did from more than just myself.

And on a side note, last time I checked, medical marijuana is legalized in PA, so claiming you use if for medicinal purposes when you have other forms of medication you can take and recommened by a doctor, is just a BS reason to smoke it. But that's just IMO.

I didnt say their family didnt matter. Those are your words. I said using their family as an excuse as to why I cant attend the meet, is bull****. And youre absolutely right- I COULD have stated from the beginning that my purposes were medical. Should I have had to? Absolutely not. You passed judgement without asking. Perhaps my intention was to stir the pot a bit? It is no secret that pot it looked down upon on this forum- hell, ive even gotten an infraction for it (not that I care anymore). Perhaps my message was more about being judgmental about a legitimate medicine than it was about actually smoking at the meet. I dont see any of these comments being directed towards the issue of alcohol, which was MUCH more apparent (imo).

And my reason for taking it is BS? I know countless people who have been down the Percoset->Oxycontin->Heroin road. Some have returned, some havent. I was just at a funeral for one last year. If I can relieve my pain without subjecting myself to addiction, or at the very least a very uncomfortable withdrawal, why wouldnt I?

Get off your high horse.

Last edited by 420sx; 04-22-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #377
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:

Quote:
I didnt say their family didnt matter. Those are your words. I said using their family as an excuse as to why I cant attend the meet, is bull****. And youre absolutely right- I COULD have stated from the beginning that my purposes were medical. Should I have had to? Absolutely not. You passed judgement without asking. Perhaps my intention was to stir the pot a bit? It is no secret that pot it looked down upon on this forum- hell, ive even gotten an infraction for it (not that I care anymore). Perhaps my message was more about being judgmental about a legitimate medicine than it was about actually smoking at the meet. I dont see any of these comments being directed towards the issue of alcohol, which was MUCH more apparent (imo).

And my reason for taking it is BS? I know countless people who have been down the Percoset->Oxycontin->Heroin road. If I can relieve my pain without subjecting myself to addiction, or at the very least a very uncomfortable withdrawal, why wouldnt I?

Get off your high horse.
Her arguement was directed at those who did it IN the crowds. YOU chose to jump on that and tell her, her arguement was invalid. Pretty much the same thing....I simply stated it in a different way.

Did you not read all the posts? People did complain about the alchohol as well.

I know people who have used Percs and haven't gone down that road.

Pot is illegal in PA, period. So all other arguements aside, it shouldn't have been being smoked by anyone at all at the meet. The fact that it was being done around families and kids who came to enjoy cars just makes it all the worse.

The end... no high horse here. But keep making excuses for yourself, whatever relieves your pain and helps you sleep better at night buddy.

With that said, to everyone else, sorry for blowing up this thread haha. I'm done.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #378
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:

Who's next?
And that about sums up why lots of us do NOT go to these meets.

I am glad to see that there was a good turnout for donations sake, so thanks Brian and TST for putting it on and making the effort once again (even if I didn't care to be a part of it, it's still appreciated).

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 04-22-2013 at 10:44 PM.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #379
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Her arguement was directed at those who did it IN the crowds. YOU chose to jump on that and tell her, her arguement was invalid. Pretty much the same thing....I simply stated it in a different way.
Perhaps youre right to that effect. Her argument wasnt invalid. It was just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
And that about sums up why lots of us do NOT go to these meets.
A lesson I learned recently as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #380
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
A lesson I learned recently as well.
Learn to be respectful.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote