TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #261
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Having the guys do an alignment while you're up here?
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #262
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Having the guys do an alignment while you're up here?
Nah, I wish, but not enough time.

I'll just have the dealer redo the alignment. Probably get it done for free and then it's more paperwork/goodwill there in case something does happen on track.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:35 PM   #263
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Signed up for my first autocross in the Camaro this weekend (June 4th). Will be competing in FS against some M3's and Mustangs. Should be fun to see how many cones I can hit

/
/
/
/
/
Old 05-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #264
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Have fun! Your car isn't an FS car anymore, for the record Not that it matters with your stock tires, lol
Old 05-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #265
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Have fun! Your car isn't an FS car anymore, for the record Not that it matters with your stock tires, lol

Good points

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #266
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

First autocross today with the car, didn't do so hot but made steady gains through the 4 runs. I see areas where I really left some room for improvement.

Mag Ride continues to mess with me. It's soft but stays flat. I don't feel the weight transfer as easily.

Here are the times from the event. Corvettes and 911's really ruled the day. I did eek out another 6th gen Camaro 1LE, but that means nothing.

The cars that attended were very diverse and great to see...the Focus RS and Golf R continually go at each other within a tenth or two.

Old DSM guys may also see Sean Glazers name in there too.

http://sololivetest.wdcr-scca.org.s3...amazonaws.com/

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #267
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Holy crap, enough RS's?

What tires were the other FS guys on?

Your comment about suspension is interesting. The "soft but stays flat" thing has gotta be so weird to get used to.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #268
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Holy crap, enough RS's?

What tires were the other FS guys on?

Your comment about suspension is interesting. The "soft but stays flat" thing has gotta be so weird to get used to.
How many did you see on the timesheet?

RE71R's vs. my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 RunFlat 300 treadwear rated.

Out-tired but also out-skilled. The consistency of the FS group was pretty incredible.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-05-2017, 08:51 AM   #269
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

There were 4 drivers, three cars. Two drivers in one Golf R.

The consistency is incredible, I hadn't noticed that. Geez!
Old 06-05-2017, 04:21 PM   #270
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
There were 4 drivers, three cars. Two drivers in one Golf R.

The consistency is incredible, I hadn't noticed that. Geez!
Great turnout!

Yeah, that's definitely a high level of driving.

So since last night, I've bought a PRAY ported intake manifold and GM has finally released their cold air intake with tune for the car.

Working on getting a PRAY ported throttle body next to complete the induction side.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-05-2017, 07:56 PM   #271
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Say bye to FS... say hello to CAM
Old 06-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #272
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Say bye to FS... say hello to CAM
Haha yeah. Not competing for points so no biggie

Eventually I'll do heads and a cam too. SCCA rulebook

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-06-2017, 09:06 AM   #273
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

At least you never said that you wanted to keep this one stock... hahah
Old 06-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #274
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
At least you never said that you wanted to keep this one stock... hahah
Haha, it doesn't need more power but I figure what the hell. Going to have it awhile (unless the numbers on a ZL1 work - doubtful)

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #275
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

PRAY ported intake manifold arrived. Figure next week or two for the CAI to arrive. Will get the calibration and install done at the dealership, then get it dynoed. After that, i'll install the PRAY gear and get another dyno done.

/
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 06-09-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #276
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Interesting. Is that an OEM part that they ported?
Old 06-13-2017, 09:14 PM   #277
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Interesting. Is that an OEM part that they ported?
Ported OEM part!

Received shipping notification for the CAI....now I just need to pull the trigger on a ported TB.

vroom vroom

also bought in on the preorder for diode dynamics smoked side markers to replace the factory ones i had to cover in vinyl.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-14-2017, 01:19 PM   #278
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Is the intake side the restriction? I'm just wondering if maybe some headers would add power...

Don't mind me
Old 06-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #279
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Is the intake side the restriction? I'm just wondering if maybe some headers would add power...

Don't mind me
Haha, yes and no? 30-40whp with a tune with the intake side done. Headers can add 15-25whp on their own.

I think a reasonable target is 440-460whp with bolt ons on the Area1320 dyno. I may do flex fuel for an extra 30-40whp on top but there aren't any E85 stations nearby.

After the ported TB and the induction side is cleaned up, I want to get those brakes. Hopefully with the CAI released, the short shifter will be released next too.

Slowly rounding into shape

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-15-2017, 09:47 PM   #280
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Just picked up HP Tuner for the car, let me get some remote tuning done down the road.

/
/
/
/
/