TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #181
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
Figured I'd start quoting sources like everyone else has hah. I have friends who live in Mohnton, Shillington, Exeter, etc. I've been into Reading several times, my father even worked in West Reading, right off of 422 there. I know it's dangerous, though I never physically witnessed any crimes as I try to avoid downtown as often as possible ;-)
Reading has 4 Rent-A-Centers... thats when you know it's bad lol.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #182
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
Figured I'd start quoting sources like everyone else has hah. I have friends who live in Mohnton, Shillington, Exeter, etc. I've been into Reading several times, my father even worked in West Reading, right off of 422 there. I know it's dangerous, though I never physically witnessed any crimes as I try to avoid downtown as often as possible ;-)
Yea, my buddy used to live there and was robbed at gunpoint a couple of times.
$50 if some one will break nicks fingers. i dont know how many times i can read just how cool he is.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #183
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
personally speaking I won't hesitate to call police if I see someone openly carrying, not because it's the law, but because people should grow a brain cell or 2 and think before they do ****
alex... go **** yourself
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #184
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red94Celica View Post
I carry in the waistband everytime I leave the house pretty much, and have a permit to do so.
I didn't know PA issued permits to carry weapons?
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #185
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Send a message via AIM to GeforceXtreme
I just hope no one 2 steps at the event...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- "Gods Grocery Getter is powered by an L67 3800"
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

12.900 @ 109.91mph 2.166 60Ft (Fastest 1/4)
13.374 @ 110.01mph 2.467 60Ft (Fastest Trap)
GeforceXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #186
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
because yea it's your right, but that doesn't mean you have to excersize it that way at any given time. Time and a place for everything.
good deal... it's your right to breath... you don't have to exercise it either... so please stop
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #187
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red94Celica View Post
I carry in the waistband everytime I leave the house pretty much, and have a permit to do so.

But for christ sake, seeing all these people butt hurt over it makes me want to open carry just out of spite. Granted I never open carry because its just pointless in my opinion. All it does is draw uneeded attention, and I dont want to make somebody feel akward around me because of it.
Nobody cares about how other people will react to the situation, they just want to "excersize their rights". Where's that "TST: we know politics" poster when I need it
Old 04-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #188
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

I seriously hope none of you anti-gun people ever end up in a situation where you need to defend yourself and don't have the time to sit around and wait for the cops to show up.
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #189
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1
Whether CC or OC, it doesnt change the fact that the gun is still there. So what is the difference if someone wants to OC. The reason you want people to CC is so that you can be happy in your ignorance in thinking that cause you cant see the gun, means it isnt really there.

The Story Behind My Avatar

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #190
motorvated
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9779

My Ride:
2010 VW Jetta 2.5, 5 speed/ 73 VW Beetle drop top.

Send a message via AIM to motorvated
LOL @ this thread.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #191
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
Whether CC or OC, it doesnt change the fact that the gun is still there. So what is the difference if someone wants to OC. The reason you want people to CC is so that you can be happy in your ignorance in thinking that cause you cant see the gun, means it isnt really there.
Just like that stealth bomber that's flying over head when you're on the ground in Iraq. It's night time and I can't see or hear it, so it's not there right?
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #192
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL View Post
I seriously hope none of you anti-gun people ever end up in a situation where you need to defend yourself and don't have the time to sit around and wait for the cops to show up.
Just throwing it out there, I'm not "anti-gun", I just think there's a better time and place to excersize your rights. I've never seen any of the people who are so strongly wanting to OC, OC at any other meets, seems more like a cry for attention than anything else.

Go ahead, flame me, I don't give 2 ****s.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #193
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Some of you might feel safer in Cali, D.C., New Jersey, or New York. Don't have to worry there, you'll be safe because their gun laws are super strict, so nothing bad ever happens there.
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #194
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL View Post
Some of you might feel safer in Cali, D.C., New Jersey, or New York. Don't have to worry there, you'll be safe because their gun laws are super strict, so nothing bad ever happens there.
You couldnt pay me to move to there. I'd rather go to North Korea, and I think they execute cripples like me haha

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #195
angdefeo
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14238

My Ride:
09 WRX STi, 10 Evo X

Guns make some people uncomfortable. I own more guns and have a CWP and if I see someone other than a police officer or solider openly carrying a pistol I get uncomfortable. We no longer live in the Wild West type society but a place where people for the most part act civilized towards each other. Even though its everyone’s right in PA to openly carry a pistol outside of Philadelphia county, I don’t care, cause a person walking around with a pistol on their belt or a holster on their leg, is outside the norm. If you want to carry a gun it takes no more energy to wear the gun under an oversized shirt on your waist, in a shoulder rig under a shirt or jacket, in your pocket in a pocket holster, in a back pack or purse. So common sense to me dictates that in our society where carrying your pistol openly is outside the norm.

Plus even though you are 100% within your rights to openly carry a pistol, a police officer who is charged with maintaining the public’s safety can’t tell the difference from a law abiding citizen or a criminal when a call comes in with a person carrying a gun. So in order to make life a little less complicated, hide the gun.

To me this was never a 2nd amendment argument. It is more of common sense behavior when your in a crowded parking lot with 500-800 strangers.
angdefeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #196
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:

Quote:
Just throwing it out there, I'm not "anti-gun", I just think there's a better time and place to excersize your rights. I've never seen any of the people who are so strongly wanting to OC, OC at any other meets, seems more like a cry for attention than anything else.

I am doing what I feel comfortable with, which is CC. It's raining on Sun, so I may not be there anyway. If I was on my bike, it'd be showing, but mostly CC. I think the issue at hand is that people do OC every single day. This is what they are comfortable with, so that's what they are doing. I wouldn't change to OC just 'cause of this event or anything like that.
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #197
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:

Alex, I'm just wondering when do you think it's more appropriate to exercise your rights? If lots of people have this mentality about handguns, then in your opinion, technically nowhere sounds like a good place to open carry.

And just for the record... what attention? The OP says he does not and will not be open carrying and that he brought this up in case someone were to plan on open carrying.

I'm only speaking for myself but people who open carry, to me, are not doing it as a cry for attention. Maybe some people are pushing for acceptance rather than being singled out.
|
]

Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #198
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angdefeo View Post
Guns make some people uncomfortable. I own more guns and have a CWP and if I see someone other than a police officer or solider openly carrying a pistol I get uncomfortable. We no longer live in the Wild West type society but a place where people for the most part act civilized towards each other. Even though its everyone’s right in PA to openly carry a pistol outside of Philadelphia county, I don’t care, cause a person walking around with a pistol on their belt or a holster on their leg, is outside the norm. If you want to carry a gun it takes no more energy to wear the gun under an oversized shirt on your waist, in a shoulder rig under a shirt or jacket, in your pocket in a pocket holster, in a back pack or purse. So common sense to me dictates that in our society where carrying your pistol openly is outside the norm.

Plus even though you are 100% within your rights to openly carry a pistol, a police officer who is charged with maintaining the public’s safety can’t tell the difference from a law abiding citizen or a criminal when a call comes in with a person carrying a gun. So in order to make life a little less complicated, hide the gun.

To me this was never a 2nd amendment argument. It is more of common sense behavior when your in a crowded parking lot with 500-800 strangers.
GTFO, you're making too much sense for the people in this thread.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #199
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
You couldnt pay me to move to there. I'd rather go to North Korea, and I think they execute cripples like me haha
lol you're making me think of that South Park episode now...
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #200
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Am I just looking for attention when I'm strapped into my wheelchair and wearing a TLSO brace to support my spine with my gun in a shoulder holster in plain view? I cant exactly stick it in my pants or cover it with a shirt

Quote: