TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #61
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
This is how I feel as well.

If I see a gun I'd call the cops to just to be safe. You have the right to carry, I have the right to call and make sure your legit too. It is a 2 way street.
I, for one, am afraid of the people who carry concealed tucked in their pants or pockets without a holster and without a LTCF. I'd like to think that anyone that was not supposed to be in possession of a firearm would not be dumb enough to open carry in public. I'm not exactly sure what you'd tell the cop though.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #62
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Just verify that he has whatever permits, ect are needed.

Last edited by jpalamar; 04-22-2010 at 10:48 AM.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #63
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

That's the thing, if someone is OC'ing in PA, there are no permits or anything required. If you call the police on someone OC'ing with a properly holstered gun you're just being a douche bag. That is like someone calling the cops on any modified car, just to make sure they have whatever saftey/emissions equipment that is needed. Who knows if you will spot someone legit or someone who is going to do something stupid.

See how that works?
$50 if some one will break nicks fingers. i dont know how many times i can read just how cool he is.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #64
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetracer1227 View Post
as a firm believer in the right to bear arms, i wont chastise anyone for carrying, reagrdless of time and place...but why open carry?? just seems like it might call attention to yourself that you really dont want. better to just concealed carry..no one knows you have it, and they really dont need to...but to each his own i guess
Pretty much what I've been trying to say this whole time. Again, yes it's a right, but personally if I had a firearm and a permit to carry and really wanted to take it with me, I would CC. At the end of the day, it's a pretty big event, and while you guys have the right to OC, it's just going to get you attention, and not the good kind from majority of people, because while I may know the faces and know you guys have a brain, there will be strangers there, and if they see a group of people OCing at the meet, it's just going to cause needless drama.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #65
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

I never understood why someone would feel the need to open carry, ever. Especially at something like a car meet in humble morgantown. Some idiot on honda-tech was persistent on getting into an argument with me and a few others who are going to the sonic meet, then comes out saying he's army trained and will open carry at sonic. I don't feel threatened I just don't see why people are so concerned with fulfilling the 2nd amendment.

It's not like we have militia's anymore.
sundaybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #66
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
I will be the first and loudest to state that I'm deathly afraid of these things so if you think it'll be okay to OC with thousands of people around, GTFO. I will make a big deal about it.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #67
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
That's the thing, if someone is OC'ing in PA, there are no permits or anything required. If you call the police on someone OC'ing with a properly holstered gun you're just being a douche bag. That is like someone calling the cops on any modified car, just to make sure they have whatever saftey/emissions equipment that is needed. Who knows if you will spot someone legit or someone who is going to do something stupid.

See how that works?
I didn't know that. I'm not all that big into guns. Just isn't something that interests me. I find it hard to belive there is no liscnse/permet needed to own a gun, let alone walk arround in public with it.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #68
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

But I have yet to see anyone who says they will OC at Sonic.. so I think you'll be okay, Jacki
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
Old 04-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #69
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

A Right Not Exercised is a Right Lost.

The reason so many people have an aversion to Open Carry is they just don't see it. They see a firearm and immediately have a sense of fear and discomfort when, if anything, you should be feeling SAFER knowing there is someone around that can and most likely WILL protect you, even you anti-gun douchebags, if the situation ever arose.
$50 if some one will break nicks fingers. i dont know how many times i can read just how cool he is.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #70
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
I didn't know that. I'm not all that big into guns. Just isn't something that interests me. I find it hard to belive there is no liscnse/permet needed to own a gun, let alone walk arround in public with it.
When you buy a gun in PA, they do a background check on you and that's pretty much it. When you OC in a holster in PA (except for Philadelphia) there is no license required. Businesses can deny you service if they have a written policy about open carrying, but otherwise, good to go. And obviously there are restricted zones where you can't carry at all, open or concealed. Getting a LTCF is relatively easy, too since Pennsylvania is a 'shall issue' state.

Oh and as far as I know, if you don't have a LTCF, you can't have your firearm in the car unless you're specifically going to a range.

I'd rather carry concealed than open but yes, it is legal to open carry. Personal opinion on tact varies, obviously.
|
]

Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #71
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL View Post
When you buy a gun in PA, they do a background check on you and that's pretty much it. When you OC in a holster in PA (except for Philadelphia) there is no license required. Businesses can deny you service if they have a written policy about open carrying, but otherwise, good to go. And obviously there are restricted zones where you can't carry at all, open or concealed. Getting a LTCF is relatively easy, too since Pennsylvania is a 'shall issue' state.

Oh and as far as I know, if you don't have a LTCF, you can't have your firearm in the car unless you're specifically going to a range.

I'd rather carry concealed than open but yes, it is legal to open carry. Personal opinion on tact varies, obviously.
Thanks for the info. I still think it is very tool bagish to feel the need to carry a gun in the first place though. Had to say it
Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #72
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

Quote:
There are no permits or licenses required to purchase or own a firearm (except for Class III firearms) in Pennsylvania. In order to carry a weapon concealed, or in a city of the first class, i.e. Philadelphia, you would need a License to Carry Firearms. Otherwise, any person in the state of PA that is legally allowed to own a gun can carry that gun openly completely within the law.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #73
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Send a message via AIM to cmr076
Quote:
A Right Not Exercised is a Right Lost..
that was my main point to CN last night
cmr076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #74
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

CCing at Sonic isn't going to make you lose that right, but it's your right and I can't take that away. Do what you please, just realize that not everyone around you will be comfortable with the idea, though I'm sure you knew that getting into it.
Quote:
A Right Not Exercised is a Right Lost.

The reason so many people have an aversion to Open Carry is they just don't see it. They see a firearm and immediately have a sense of fear and discomfort when, if anything, you should be feeling SAFER knowing there is someone around that can and most likely WILL protect you, even you anti-gun douchebags, if the situation ever arose.
Not everyone knows everyone there, for some it's hard to feel safer when they don't know a thing about the person carrying, just like I wouldn't feel safe standing in a group of people who I don't know with their guns in the open, maybe I feel this way because I don't own a firearm and don't see it through the same eyes you do.

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 04-22-2010 at 11:24 AM.
CleanNeon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #75
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
Not everyone knows everyone there, for some it's hard to feel safer when they don't know a thing about the person carrying, just like I wouldn't feel safe standing in a group of people who I don't know with their guns in the open, maybe I feel this way because I don't own a firearm and don't see it through the same eyes you do.
Think about it like this. The guy carrying his gun openly on his hip isn't going to hurt you or anyone else.

It is the wannabe thug that has it gangsta tucked in his pants that will.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #76
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Think about it like this. The guy carrying his gun openly on his hip isn't going to hurt you or anyone else.

It's often times hard for people to make that call without knowing the person carrying, it's one of those "the less you know the better" situations, not saying it's wrong or right, but that's how most people will see it IMO.

I don't really want to debate this anymore, I've voiced my opinion on the matter far too long as it is. I got no problem with you CCing or OCing as long as you use common sense with your weapon, which I'm sure most of you will, just keep in mind that not everyone there feels the same way you do and it most likely will cause problems.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #77
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
well if this thread isn't a sign that OCing is going to be a big deal then i don't know what kind of sign you need.

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #78
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

I'd strongly suggest to anyone that was considering it.. to not open carry at Sonic.
|
]

Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #79
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Quote:

but the jack ass that grabs the publicly seen gun from said person.... whats his story since you seem to know how everyone and everything will act and play out?

point is, no one KNOWS what could happen, thats the problem.

there is a time and place for everything and I don't think a gun at a make a wish foundation meet is the proper time or place to display "your right to bear arms"

Last edited by grimm; 04-22-2010 at 11:44 AM.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #80
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
I'll be on my bike, and when in my gear, my firearm is both CC/OC depending on how I am sitting or standing. Such is life on a bike. I CC all the time (I don't like to bother people lol), but sometimes it does print or show depending on the gear I wear.
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard

Last edited by PAFirefighter11; 04-22-2010 at 11:59 AM.
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote