TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
List your favorite [underground] bands...

I want to get some new music to rock out to... I honestly like a lot of different things... hip hop, chill stuff, punk, who knows what else. not too into pop or rap or country but every now and again something is decent. anyways, just list up the best bands you know of that others might not know about (ie dont list dave matthews band).
please proceed...
bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
DoubleOughtCel
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #343

I woudln't neccesarily call them underground, but the band HIM that is on Viva LA Bam is always good. It just sucks that Bam took it upon himself to play out the band publicly. Still good music though, they consider themsleves "Love Metal." Check out "Join Me" by them.

The Juliana Theory has 1 good CD out of 5. Check out pretty much any song on their album "Emotion is Dead." One fo the best songs on it is "Understand the dream is over."

Finally, Coheed and Cambria's latest album (about a year and a half of) "In Keeping the Secrets of Silent Earth III, is F'ing awesome. Best tracks to check out: "A Favor House Atlantic", "Blood Red Summer", and "The Velorium Camper III: Al the Killer." Some reviews have compared C&C to older bands like Rush and REO Speedwagon in terms of the vocal stylings. Definitely check them out if you haven'y heard of them before.

Other than these bands, I say ask the Mike. His bandlist in the one post is really good.
Quote:
experience > degree > blowjob > handjob > anal sex with a guy > certificate
DoubleOughtCel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:18 PM   #3
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
He Works With Cadavers and The Company.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:20 PM   #4
DoubleOughtCel
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #343

Eh?
Quote:
Old 06-26-2005, 01:37 PM   #5
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleOughtCel
Eh?
Zuh?

Friends' bands.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #6
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
http://www.candiriamusic.com/media.php#
Candiria really evolved sinc the beginning now with melodies in their music...
their early albums were inspired by metal, jazz, off beat and very complex rythms with hip-hop style fast vocals with the attack of metal

an example of their older music is here
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...c&n=507846

let me know if u want a copy ;)
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:00 PM   #7
wrx_snobordr
Tri-State Addict

Member #21

Quote:
I woudln't neccesarily call them underground, but the band HIM that is on Viva LA Bam is always good. It just sucks that Bam took it upon himself to play out the band publicly. Still good music though, they consider themsleves "Love Metal." Check out "Join Me" by them.

The Juliana Theory has 1 good CD out of 5. Check out pretty much any song on their album "Emotion is Dead." One fo the best songs on it is "Understand the dream is over."

Finally, Coheed and Cambria's latest album (about a year and a half of) "In Keeping the Secrets of Silent Earth III, is F'ing awesome. Best tracks to check out: "A Favor House Atlantic", "Blood Red Summer", and "The Velorium Camper III: Al the Killer." Some reviews have compared C&C to older bands like Rush and REO Speedwagon in terms of the vocal stylings. Definitely check them out if you haven'y heard of them before.

Other than these bands, I say ask the Mike. His bandlist in the one post is really good.
I wouldnt exactly call coheed and cambria underground. Every 14 year old out there knows them and they had a video on mtv. I think there albulm second stage turbine wheel is good though. Only thing is they are the WORST band live.

If you want to hear good bands go to purevolume.com and find some that fit your taste.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:19 AM   #8
DoubleOughtCel
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_snobordr
Quote:

I wouldnt exactly call coheed and cambria underground. Every 14 year old out there knows them and they had a video on mtv. I think there albulm second stage turbine wheel is good though. Only thing is they are the WORST band live.

If you want to hear good bands go to purevolume.com and find some that fit your taste.
I'm glad I didn't go to their show back in the fall then.
Quote:
Old 06-27-2005, 12:22 AM   #9
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Or Razorblade Kiss, Dark Secret Love...or just ask Clint to burn you a cd with every single song they ever released and he will....

HIM = awesome. Very very good love songs in metal form. Great to listen to.

*edit*
BTW, the song is "Join Me in Death". They take the "in Death" out on a lot of shows because it's negative or something retarded like that.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #10
3POINTONE4
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #396

Send a message via AIM to 3POINTONE4
For real slow, chilled out, melancholy stuff, i suggest 'Sigur Ros', 'Mogwai' and 'Mum'

Jazzy, drum and bass, experimental rock, check out 'Lake Trout' (these guys are amazing, especially live - very hard to describe their sound... just read the two descriptions on here http://www.myspace.com/LakeTrout and go here to listen to the entire last album http://www.palmpictures.com/laketrout/ecard/buy/)

For some realy good indie rock, check out 'Minus the bear'

also, I have been diggin on the 'Bloc Party' cd for a month or so now... really good. And today I am going to pick up the new Alkaline Trio cd, since what I've heard of it is pretty good.

3POINTONE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:15 PM   #11
sisforsurfing
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #267

My Ride:
2003 WRX wagon

Send a message via AIM to sisforsurfing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3POINTONE4
For real slow, chilled out, melancholy stuff, i suggest 'Sigur Ros', 'Mogwai' and 'Mum'

Jazzy, drum and bass, experimental rock, check out 'Lake Trout' (these guys are amazing, especially live - very hard to describe their sound... just read the two descriptions on here http://www.myspace.com/LakeTrout and go here to listen to the entire last album http://www.palmpictures.com/laketrout/ecard/buy/)

For some realy good indie rock, check out 'Minus the bear'

also, I have been diggin on the 'Bloc Party' cd for a month or so now... really good. And today I am going to pick up the new Alkaline Trio cd, since what I've heard of it is pretty good.
I'm pretty sure we have the same taste in music, cool.

Minus the Bear is one of my favorite's (along with Sigur Ros). Bloc Party is a little overrated but some of their songs are really good. I'd also recommend Rise Againt (one of the few punk bands I still listen to) and TV on the Radio (very progressive jazz rock, good driving music). If anyone wants me to make someone a copy of stuff and bring it to a meet i'd be happy to.

sisforsurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:09 AM   #12
Aaron
Tri-State Addict

Member #185

Send a message via AIM to Aaron
The Clarks

Big in Pittsburgh, some other parts of the country, doesn't seem to have hit here yet.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:00 AM   #13
3POINTONE4
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #396

Send a message via AIM to 3POINTONE4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisforsurfing
I'm pretty sure we have the same taste in music, cool.

Minus the Bear is one of my favorite's (along with Sigur Ros). Bloc Party is a little overrated but some of their songs are really good. I'd also recommend Rise Againt (one of the few punk bands I still listen to) and TV on the Radio (very progressive jazz rock, good driving music). If anyone wants me to make someone a copy of stuff and bring it to a meet i'd be happy to.
Rise Against isn't bad... not too big on the 2nd album though.

Anyway... a few more bands... None More Black, new Alkaline Trio is pretty good, although for some reason I resist them :D ... Stretch Arm Strong... and I'm too tired to think about any more.

3POINTONE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:22 AM   #14
DoubleOughtCel
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #343

Theres a song in Need for Speed Underground 2 that I fell in love with. It's called "Scavenger" by Killradio. Awesome band. They were playing in philly a few months ago but I missed the chance to check it out unfortunately.
Quote: