TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:
81 VW Rabbit Pickup & 91 MX-5 Special Edition

My Wrx was stolen....

So yesterday i went to visit my buddy up in Central Jersey around Rutger New Brunswick. Around 5:30 I deiced to go to the local mall to pick up something, so i went to the closest mall called Menlo Park mall in Edison N.J. I got of my car waited 30 seconds for my turbo timer to turn off and then hit the lock button and walked into the mall for only about 30 minutes. So i come back out and my car is gone with no broken glass. So i start to freak out like anyone else would and try to find a cop or someone to call the local cops. I finally flag down a mall cop and he asks me if i just dislocated where i parked... I told him no and told him to call the police right away. So he does the cops show up 30 minutes later... and ask the same damn question.. Are you sure you parked here and not any where else??? I told them NOOOO and told them to tell all the other cops in the area!!!! But no you know what this asshole does he calls in another cop over to the mall to search the mall parking lot to make sure im right.....At this point im freak the hell out and about to flip **** on these dumb cops. So after these cops are done searching the parking lots and picking up some doughnuts and coffee while they were doing it they finally confirm that YES IM RIGHT and they just wasted another 30 minutes. So as of right now my car is pretty much gone along with my Xbox360, radar detector,GPS, and my gfs stuff...

Last edited by 856jersey; 07-19-2009 at 12:41 PM.
856jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Sucks, but the cops did the right thing, dude. You were freaking out, and could just be some absent-minded fool, so they, being the logical, un-freaking out parties here, did the right thing and just double checked the area.

Sorry to hear about the whip, man.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

That sucks man. I have a feeling you'll find it with the intercooler and charge pipe missing.
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
I don't mean to be the person to bring you bad news, but you should always stay away from that mall. That's defiantely the main source of stolen cars here in Jersey. I've had 3 friends get their hondas/subaru's stolen from that exact mall, within 30 mins as well. I hope they recover your car as I don't really see many stripped down subies as the parts are really worthless. Hopefully it was just a joy ride and you'll be back in your baby in no time.
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:

yeah...............
Old 07-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Just trying to give you a heads up, relax.
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:

Im cool man, only good thing is im fully covered and stuff.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 856jersey View Post
That's good to hear. Go get yourself a DSM. I could leave mine in Compton with the keys in the car, and nobody'd steal that ****.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

and what the cops did is right they didnt get doughnut's and coffee they were making sure so they didnt start a search just to find out the car is in a different parking spot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrok99 View Post
and what the cops did is right they didnt get doughnut's and coffee they were making sure so they didnt start a search just to find out the car is in a different parking spot.
Yeah but i remembered exactly where i parked dude and i told them. I also check and made sure. So while they were checking or whatever the person who stole my car had a pretty easy get away because my car was reported stolen yet.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:

Quote:
Yeah but i remembered exactly where i parked dude and i told them. I also check and made sure. So while they were checking or whatever the person who stole my car had a pretty easy get away because my car was reported stolen yet.
Here's the concept you're missing here:

You= irrational, emotional

Cops= detached, logical

They did the right thing, and you're in the wrong. What if you had been mistaken? They call your car in stolen, and two minutes later, you walk down three spots, and, WHOOPS, there goes me car!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:

Thanks. But its my fault for even going to that mall. Tons and tons of people on the other forums are telling me that a lot of cars have been stolen there.....
Old 07-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
4DR_DB7
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #13599

My Ride:
97 Acura Teg

1. Most people in these situations simply forgot where they parked.
2. Most cops are cynical, jaded and honestly really don't give a F about you or your car
3. However, in this case, it sounds like they followed protocol. You were just really amped up and wanted your car found RIGHT NOW.
4. Sounds like you got cased man. Car was probably gone 3 minutes after you were out of sight. Someone either followed u to the mall, or was sitting waiting for a tuned car to park, so they could steal it. They were long gone by the time you came back out to see it gone.
4DR_DB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
z32 outlaw z
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #14077

My Ride:
Z32, S14 and now Z33

Send a message via AIM to z32 outlaw z
But in this case, He was right. Hes not a 90 year old man who ca't find his car. I can maybe understand searching in that area for a few mins but not a half hour.

Also, from what i've been told and came to find out is that cars are stolen from there all the time. And im pretty sure the cops know about this also. So when a young guy reports that his car has been stolen from there, they should take his claim more seriously since it is a hot spot for stealing cars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
z32 outlaw z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #15
turtle240
Tri-State Addict

Member #14114

My Ride:
07 Eclipse Spyder GT

Send a message via AIM to turtle240
Quote:
yeah when you say fully covered does that mean aftermarket parts as well
if so AWESOME and if not then i feel real bad about what happened

that sucks though i hope you find it with nothing missing

R.I.P. 04 GTI VR6!

New 97 Golf III project!
turtle240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
Nors
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2210

My Ride:
2011 VW GTI

Send a message via AIM to Nors
I just did a quick google for "menlo park mall stolen car" and found a couple threads exactly like this involving subies/hondas on various forums. I didn't really know subies were easy to steal/sought after with thieves. This mall needs to get some security ASAP. They better hit up Paul Blart.
2002 Volkswagen GTi - Sold |1995 Honda Accord - Sold | 1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Project - Sold | 1996 Acura Integra RS - Sold
Nors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #17
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nors View Post
I just did a quick google for "menlo park mall stolen car" and found a couple threads exactly like this involving subies/hondas on various forums. I didn't really know subies were easy to steal/sought after with thieves. This mall needs to get some security ASAP. They better hit up Paul Blart.
Yeah a lot of people are telling me Menlo Park mall...I had no idea untill some people told me about it. The security guard who helped me out told me that a lot of cars that are stolen get dumped at Menlo Park.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #18
ilovemysubie
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6613

My Ride:
03 evo gsr

Dude man i feel bad for you... you havent even had it that long.. from when i sold it to ya hopefully you find it as is cuz that would suck if its competely gutted and im pretty sure if a car stolen most insurance wont pay for any aftermaket parts. Thats the only thing thats bad about having a head turning car it bring alot of attention and in some case bad attention. Hope you find it man
ilovemysubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #19
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemysubie View Post
Dude man i feel bad for you... you havent even had it that long.. from when i sold it to ya hopefully you find it as is cuz that would suck if its competely gutted and im pretty sure if a car stolen most insurance wont pay for any aftermaket parts. Thats the only thing thats bad about having a head turning car it bring alot of attention and in some case bad attention. Hope you find it man

Thanks a lot man. I can only hope for the best. It was great while it lasted.......
Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #20
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Im up in that area alot. If I see ur car and that muther ****er is getting knocked the **** out and is gonna take a little swim in the raritan river before he comes to. I dont like hearing about stolen anything, but especially subies as their parts aint worth **** like the Hondas are. So its basically pointless. God help this guy if I see him, but I dont really think God watches out for thieves much so hes ****ed.

Sorry about ur loss bro. I doubt i'll see him. but if i do, ur getting ur whip back but there wont be anyone to prosecute.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote