TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #961
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Send a message via AIM to 1988 Olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
so does anyone know who has some .40 s&w in stock? I just bought the last white box that my local walmart had. shelves have been bare in .40 and 9mm lately whenever i stop in.
Yeah pretty much beat unless you get there the day of or right after they get thier shipment in. Bristol Walmart had probably 20-25 boxes of 9mm ammo one day. I bought one box and told me friend, he went they next morning and they were out so it's a hit or miss kinda deal. There is other places to buy it like gun stores or Cabela but I assume like me your trying to save money.

Dynoed at 237hp and 292lbs at the rear wheels.
Hmm ran 13.52 @ 103.42 11/10/06
1994 Hunter Green Acura Integra DB7, Stock
1988 Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #962
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988 Olds View Post
Yeah pretty much beat unless you get there the day of or right after they get thier shipment in. Bristol Walmart had probably 20-25 boxes of 9mm ammo one day. I bought one box and told me friend, he went they next morning and they were out so it's a hit or miss kinda deal. There is other places to buy it like gun stores or Cabela but I assume like me your trying to save money.
yup, exactly. the range isn't that much more expensive but i'd rather not pay their premium for something i can buy at wally world...just gotta time it right i guess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #963
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Send a message via AIM to redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkZ06 View Post

Hopefully get it sighted in tommorrow
Nice scope, I just ordered my Meopta Meostar 3-12X56 Illuminated Reticle 4C from Eurooptics, front focal and everything. Cant wait to bolt it to my CZ and go hunting at night for wild boar! I passed on the Trijicon and Nightforce but they are great optics, tell me how it performs at night if you have a big enough objective lens.

Just incase you guys are looking for quality optics at an unbeatable price! he's also Military.

http://www.eurooptic.com/

Exact scope

http://www.eurooptic.com/Meopta/prod...ifle_Scope.htm

Last edited by redline; 04-01-2009 at 03:52 PM.
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #964
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

i've checked walmart in bechtelsville every day for about a weeks and a half now and i have yet to see a single box of 9mm, .40s&w, or .45ACP. i went to Seneca arms in Green Lane a few days ago and he had a few boxes of each, but he said they'd all probably be gone by the end of the day. unfortunately it's only going to get worse.

at Seneca, he also had RRA and Stag AR15 lowers in stock and i was seriously tempted to pull the trigger on one of those. (pun intended haha)
Old 04-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #965
dragonfly2k3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4106

I wish I had money for more firearms.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:55 AM   #966
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
who doesnt, i wish i had money to even buy ammo for the guns i have now
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #967
bastid
Tri-State Addict

Member #1732

My Ride:
2008 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoolig View Post
Depends what kind of shot you are using. Buck shot would tear up your home, but, pretty much anything else wouldn't do more than leave little holes everywhere. A .223 would tear **** up and go through several walls, including exterior ones... causing lots of expensive damage.
This is where frangible ammo comes in handy. Once it hits something hard, the bullet fragments and virtually disintegrates. Not on all surfaces, but it's way more sensible.

Outside of that, one of the primary steps in situational awareness after ID'ing your target is ID'ing what is behind them. Generally speaking, you know where people are in your house and you also know which walls and shooting angles potentially expose neighboring houses.
bastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #968
dragonfly2k3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4106

A shot inside is way more reasonable. It will break glass items and leave holes in the drywall. Generally speaking, you wont be very far from your target inside, and even target load will stop someone from 20ft away. I would much rather cause damage in my home, then potentially cause death in someone elses home.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #969
lordoc22
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11370

My Ride:
2000 vw jetta

I just got my license to carry and picked up a little .22 to carry. I've been doing a lot of of research about what caliber is best to carry and all that, and I know what people say about the .22lr. However, after putting 100 rounds through the gun the day I bought it I realized some things. Before this all I had for self defense was my hands. At 10-15 yards I'm grouping at least 7 rounds in the second to smallest circle. So I'm pretty sure if someone were attacking me with anything other than a gun I will be better off than nothing. Plus my theory is if I did have a higher caliber, and the other person had a gun of any kind it would be even harder because there's the added stress of trying not to get shot
lordoc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #970
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

a properly placed hit with a .22 will do more damage than a miss with a .50BMG

personally though, i'd carry something with a little more punch than a .22, but that's just me. if you're good with the gun and are comfortable carrying it then you're right in saying it's better than just your hands.

in any case where you're getting shot at - regardless of caliber - it's going to be stressful. it can all be avoided though if you've had the proper training and have prepared yourself mentally. this was recently posted over on the PAFOA forum... take the time to read it, it's worth it.

Bulletproofing the Mind - A Must For Every Concealed Carrier

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 04-13-2009 at 02:00 PM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #971
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
it can all be avoided though if you've had the proper training and have prepared yourself mentally
no it can't
Old 04-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #972
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

ehh, i guess i should have said "a lot of it" instead of "all". what i meant was that both physical and mental preparedness (as it explains in the article i linked to) can make you a lot cooler under pressure and help you get the job done. with no training whatsoever, you could just end up like a quivering bowl of jello if you end up in a situation instead of having the presence of mind to react properly. again, that article explains perfectly how one prepared guard reacted properly to a situation and two other armed men did nothing. for them, having a concealed firearm did nothing to help the cause. they were lacking the mental preparedness.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #973
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
no it can't
your right, but u can avoid getting shot at by being smart and not doing dumb things, like walking around the ghetto at night.

if its your job i guess its not really avoidable

oh yeah if you like trap shooting come down to the fairless rifle and pistol club in fallsington on mondays at 6 to 9

$4.50 gets you 25 shots, bring your own shells and gun.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #974
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

well just go with if your trained you stand a better shot of dealing with a situation
Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #975
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

and 95x more of a chance of getting shot at
Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #976
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

I'm just referring to the being in a shoot situation, not about getting or not getting yourself into the situation
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #977
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
ndubz....what
Dont worry it was just a thought.

Forget guns, Katantas are much better for close range, and wont leave holes in my walls.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #978
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

they are hard to unholster in hallways
Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #979
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
Forget guns, Katantas are much better for close range, and wont leave holes in my walls.
wow.

i really can't figure out if anything you post is serious.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #980
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

Despite the stupidity 3 posts above...

My friend picked up a springfield XD-9 the other day and damn, does that have a nice trigger action. The trigger/safety combo makes for an interesting combo but it feels good.

Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote