TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #2941
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvicksTc View Post
anyone looking to part with a glock 9mm? Looking to purchase within the next few weeks would not mind a used cared for gun...

also looking at smith & wesson 9mm for the price and reviews on the gun i might be leaning towards this...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

can be found cheap here thanks to Munky's sugestion

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/13283

only complaint ive found is the "long" trigger pull
NO! Don't buy a Sigma!

If you buy a polymer S&W let it be absolutely nothing except an M&P. There are those among us who will say the Sigmas are just fine, etc. and that they go 'bang' every time, but that's about it. They're junk overall.

Better yet, buy Dave's G19. I shot it and it's a great gun.

About the 'sheep' article.. I have that at the top of my favorites list. I show that to people all the time. I have 'woken up' exactly 6 people just by sending them that link. If I could affect so many people within my small circle, I can't imagine all the good it has done since it was written. Dave Grossman is a smart guy. I have been waiting for my Amazon order for his "On Killing" and "On Combat" books for about a month and a half now. I forgot I even ordered them until last night when I checked my order status and realized I must have never hit the order button. I failed miserably. lol. I ordered them last night... I'm sure of it. I can't wait to read them.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 01-14-2011 at 08:28 PM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #2942
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
NO! Don't buy a Sigma!

If you buy a polymer S&W let it be absolutely nothing except an M&P. There are those among us who will say the Sigmas are just fine, etc. and that they go 'bang' every time, but that's about it. They're junk overall.

Better yet, buy Dave's G19. I shot it and it's a great gun.
im waiting to hear details about the Glock19, i would like it for some target shooting but for personal carry also

thanks for the input

M&P stands for? Metal & Polymer right? or Military Police issues?
|Nikon|
Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #2943
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
im waiting to hear details about the Glock19, i would like it for some target shooting but for personal carry also

thanks for the input

M&P stands for? Metal & Polymer right? or Military Police issues?
I can almost guarantee that no matter who you talk to or what kind of research you do, you'll find that the G19 would easily rank in at least the top three guns for carry, target, and general 'everything' gun on anyone's list. The only one I shot was Dave's at our mini group shoot at CP a while back. I only fired one mag and that's all it took to make a good first impression. It was not phenomenal at anything and it was not mind blowingly 'awesome', it was just a very nice feeling gun. It pointed naturally and the recoil was very manageable. I would not hesitate to buy either the G19 or the G23 (the .40S&W version - same exact gun) for carry or general range use.

As for M&Ps, it stands for Military & Police. They're great guns. I've repeated it ad nauseum, but I reall really love me M&P40C. There are already a ton of aftermarket parts and resources for the M&Ps and we can only expect more in the future, especially with the gigantic M&P contracts that were recently signed with a crapload of Govt. agencies.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #2944
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:
I can almost guarantee that no matter who you talk to or what kind of research you do, you'll find that the G19 would easily rank in at least the top three guns for carry, target, and general 'everything' gun on anyone's list. The only one I shot was Dave's at our mini group shoot at CP a while back. I only fired one mag and that's all it took to make a good first impression. It was not phenomenal at anything and it was not mind blowingly 'awesome', it was just a very nice feeling gun. It pointed naturally and the recoil was very manageable. I would not hesitate to buy either the G19 or the G23 (the .40S&W version - same exact gun) for carry or general range use.

As for M&Ps, it stands for Military & Police. They're great guns. I've repeated it ad nauseum, but I reall really love me M&P40C. There are already a ton of aftermarket parts and resources for the M&Ps and we can only expect more in the future, especially with the gigantic M&P contracts that were recently signed with a crapload of Govt. agencies.
Thanks again for the input, i was thinking MP was military and police but the fact the S&W is metal and polymer had me thinking ha...

As you can probably tell im not looking to break the bank with this gun purchase as this will be MY first legal handgun purchase and getting a license to carry, however, this is not the first time ive shot handguns etc...

mainly have shot my dads walther p99, however, only a few times and he is not an avid shooter nor does he carry...mainly for piece of mind at our cabin house i think? ha
|Nikon|
Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by SvicksTc; 01-14-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #2945
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Send a message via AIM to cmr076
the M&Ps are nice guns, while I hate the 40 cal round either the glock or M&P would be a perfect well rounded gun... beware though svick, once you get one your going to try and justify 10 more haha
cmr076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #2946
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
the M&Ps are nice guns, while I hate the 40 cal round either the glock or M&P would be a perfect well rounded gun... beware though svick, once you get one your going to try and justify 10 more haha
ha im sure thats how it goes, however, i want to get real comfortable with one gun and comfortable enough to begin to carry...

any more details on letting that glock go I will baby it and come summer once the money starts rollin in from work and being out of school i could move on with my on returning yours
|Nikon|
Twitter:
Old 01-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #2947
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

little photo shoot of my favorite revolver.. a heavily customized pre-lock S&W 65 K frame

and carry mode

Old 01-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #2948
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Send a message via AIM to 1988 Olds
I'll put in a positive post about the S&W sigma. I carried a 9ve for about a year. It was a great gun. Put about 1000 rounds through it without any problems. I sold it to my friend who has probably put another 1000 rounds through it without any problems. I did remove a few springs and polish a few parts to get the trigger to where I liked it for target shooting. It was just as accurate as my Glock 26. If your looking for a cheap gun to start out with I'd reccomend it or a used Glock 19. I have shot a few M&Ps and just perfer the Glock a lot better.

Dynoed at 237hp and 292lbs at the rear wheels.
Hmm ran 13.52 @ 103.42 11/10/06
1994 Hunter Green Acura Integra DB7, Stock
1988 Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:44 AM   #2949
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

made some progress on the AK tonight (i wonder what troll would say if I made a member journal for each gun build haha)

How she started:

disassembly begins:

[/QUOTE]

removed all the wood (this pic is pre-work)

getting the commie grease and dirt off:

Parts drying after being Gun Scrubber'd

the hardware drying after being gun scrubber'd

The Lower is now SPOTLESS (i wish i took a before pic, she was disgusting)

Post gun scrubbing with barricade applied:

after paint stripper, steel wool, hot water and an oven a before and after (3 coats of stain 7 more to come and then clearing it)

everything gets stained!

coming back together (somewhat) still waiting on parts:

I should be finishing the stock tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:35 AM   #2950
drifty240
Tri-State Addict

Member #2198

My Ride:
2006 WRST

New purchase....

Saigi 12 with 5 mags and some good old military 00 buck shot

oh wait, would this be considered a high capacity clip

drifty240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #2951
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifty240 View Post
New purchase....

Saigi 12 with 5 mags and some good old military 00 buck shot

oh wait, would this be considered a high capacity clip
no no no, there only 10rds.. hi-capacity is 33, DUHH. We have a drum for ours, you should look into it
Old 01-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #2952
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
apparently because of the AZ shootings glocks are getting hard to find right now with prices going way high. I have a G19 I would consider parting with, it has trijicon nite sites (2) 15 rd glock mags and (1) 33rd mag. The condition on me selling it to you is that if you were to sell it, it be back to me!
Sent ya a PM on this in case the other guys don't scoop it up from you!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #2953
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

I am really up in the air about whether I want to sell it, I dont shoot her at all any more but it was my first handgun so there is a certain level of sentiment attached to the gun, plus I would probably want way more than anyone would be willing to pay.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #2954
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

It's cool, I completely understand. I don't know if I would ever be willing to part with my XDM, even if somebody gave me a ridiculously high offer.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #2955
PhillySVT
Tri-State Addict

Member #7434

My Ride:
Ford Raptor

Picked up a new host gun for the sear:

The guy has a bunch of HK clones for sale. Really nice guy (SOT) located up in allentown. He doesn't have a retail shop....he mostly does online sales.
^seriously........ when you drive a 15 second car you dont really "smoke" any car....you casually gain ground.
PhillySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #2956
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillySVT View Post
Picked up a new host gun for the sear:

The guy has a bunch of HK clones for sale. Really nice guy (SOT) located up in allentown. He doesn't have a retail shop....he mostly does online sales.
I am not even going to pretend I am not jealous.. you sir have the makings of a clone of my dream gun
Old 01-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #2957
blkZ06
Tri-State Addict

Member #3188

My Ride:
03 Z06, 01 Z06, 99 Viper GTS, 05 F250, 00 M5

Send a message via AIM to blkZ06
if you would stop spending money on guns that are "just cuz" you could have one
99 Viper GTS - 488 Cam 500rwhp/550rwtq
04 2500 - 402 GT80 & S364 - 750rwhp/1300rwtq
blkZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #2958
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

I'm planning on heading to Classic Pistol tomorrow (Sun) if anyone wants to join. I don't know what time, probably somewhere around noon.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #2959
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:
I'm planning on heading to Classic Pistol tomorrow (Sun) if anyone wants to join. I don't know what time, probably somewhere around noon.
where is that located?
|Nikon|
Twitter:
Old 01-16-2011, 02:52 AM   #2960
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
where is that located?
Classic Pistol home page

Map and stuff