TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > Turn In Concepts
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

2008 WRX Parts in stock at TiC

TiC Holy shift set

This one replaces all the bushing in the shifter assembly. Nice thing about this kit is you can get everything all at once in one package, and replace it all in one afternoon of working on your car.

With it you get:

* Kartboy 5MT front stay bushing
* Kartboy Rear Stay bushing
* TiC 06+ 5MT linkage bushings
* TiC wide pivot bushings

Price is $98 and shipping in the US is free.

You can get it by clicking here.

TURNinCONCEPTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Kartboy 2008 Impreza rear subframe bushings

New from Kartboy are the rear subframe bushing inserts for the 2008 Impreza.

These sandwich between the retainer plate and the stock bushing to fill a void in the stock bushing.

End result is a tighter rear end, and better feel with the throttle response.

$30 shipped for free in the US. Click here to get them.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Whiteline 2008 Impreza rear diff inserts

New 2008 Impreza rear diff mount and rear diff saddle inserts.

These inserts fill the voids on the super soft stock bushings. This keeps stuff from moving around so much back there when you're getting on it. That translates to better control, and more response from the throttle.

Price is $30 shipped in the US. Click here for them.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Whiteline 2008 rear subframe inserts (kinda like the Kartboys above, but with more stuff)

These have an upper and lower half and sandwich the stock rear subframe bushings. Since they are inserts they insert into the voids in the stock bushings filling them, and the gaps above and below the stock bushings with a stiffer urethane.

This better controls the movement of the rear subframe, tightening the back of the car, providing better throttle response and feedback, while also control dynamic alignment changes due to movement in the bushings.

Price is $33 with free US shipping. click here for them.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Kartboy 5MT front shifter stay bushing

This is THE original Kartboy front shifter bushing. It is the gold standard by which all others are measured. If you drive a Subaru with the 5 speed tranny then you need this part. Trust me - you really do need it.

This component replaces the stock shifter mount bushings in all Subaru vehicles using the 5 speed transmission. This includes Impreza RS, WRX, Outback Sport, Legacy, and Forester. While this product will not change the geometry of the shifting mechanism, it eliminates excessive play in the system for a more solid gearchange. This product requires jacking of the car and jackstands are mandatory. Can be installed in 30 min. Material is Black, 95A durometer polyurethane. Made in USA.

$30... free ship in us... click here.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Kartboy newest gen short shifter

Subaru is moving to a new, common shifter across all the models that have a 5MT transmission. In response is the Kartboy newest generation lever.

Fitment for this lever is for the following:

* 2008 Impreza w/ 5MT
* 2006 and up Forester XT
* 2005 and up Legacy GT

Like all Kartboy levers this is made in the USA. Made from 4130 Chromoly steel, and tig welded in a precision jig this lever will reduce throw by about 40% when compared to the stock lever.

Please note!!! This lever does not install like the older Impreza levers. You cannot pop the old one out, and just pop this one in. Instead there is an internal snap ring that needs to be removed so you can lift the basket out of the assembly. To see how it's done check out these instruction on Scoobymods.com by clicking here.

$110 shipped for free in the US. Click here.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #7
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Kartboy rear shifter stay bushing

Kartboy has been holding onto the design for this goodie for some time, but he's finally brought them to market. What you are looking at is a replacement bushing for the rear stay of your shifter assembly. This piece will fit all Subaru 5 speed and 6 speed manual transmissions.

Here's what it does. If you look at the stock rear bushing you'll notice that it's a soft, squishy, "icky" bit of rubber in a steel cage used for mounting to the back of the transmission tunnel. Over time that rubber will break down, and allows the back of the shifter stay to move more than it should. Heck, even new ones are just unacceptably soft. The Kartboy piece is made from a much stiffer urethane, meaning it won't break down over time, and won't flex nearly as much as the stock part. What this means is a more postive snap into gear, and no more of that vague feeling in the stick when it's reached the end of the throw travel.

Here is a quick tip for the install: Look at the bushing - there is a top and a bottom. The thicker portion of the material goes to the bottom. Here's another tip - start the passenger side bolt. Then put the driver's side bolt in and then tighten both.

$35 shipped for free in the US. click here.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Kartboy front and rear shifter stay combo

This is a very nice package from Kartboy that saves you a couple of bucks (which is always nice). What you're looking at is the front and rear stay combo pack for Subaru 5MT transmissions.

You should already know about the front stay bushing because it's pretty famous. In fact, this is usually the first mod anyone does to their Subaru. It's easy enough for a newbie, and the benefit is great enough for the old timers to enjoy it as well.

As for the rear stay bushing - this one hasn't been on the market as long, but it quickly gaining in popularity. Heck, as long as you're in the area doing the front bushing, why not just do the rear at the same time?

What these do:
These bushings greatly enhance the feel of the stick by replacing the stock, super soft bushings with units that are made from a much stiffer urethane. The net result is a crisper and more solid feel in the forward and back motion of the stick.

$60 shipped for free in the US. Click here.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #9
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

TiC Super shifter set

So with the new shift linkage bushings working on the 06+ Subaru 5mt trannies we've been able to put together all sorts of great bundles for all the Subaru models. The big one has been the TiC Super Shifter Set. Here's what you get with this little bundle:

* Kartboy 5MT front shifter stay bushing
* Kartboy rear shifter stay bushing
* Kartboy newest gen short shift lever (fits 2008 Impreza 5MT, 2006+ FXT, and 2005+ LGT)
* TiC 06+ shift linkage bushings
* TiC 5mt wide pivot bushings

This is the ideal bundle if you are looking to upgrade your shifter and bushings. It gets you a great shifter made by Kartboy, the gold standard in Subaru shifters, and all the bushings upgrades for the entire assembly. The price is pretty good too. If you drive a manual tranny Subaru then you must get this kit!

Special limited time pricing!!! $185 shipped for free in the US. Click here for the special pricing!!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #10
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Whiteline 2008 Impreza steering rack bushings - KSR207

$62 shipped for free in the US.

Click here to get them.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

2008 Impreza Whiteline rear camber adjustment bushings

$170 shipped for free in the US.

Click here to get them.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #12
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

2008 Impreza Whiteline ALK!!!!!!

Featuring caster adjustment!!!!!

$70 (that is not a typo) shipped for free in the US

Click here to get them.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #13
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

2008 Impreza Whiteline rear endlinks

$128 shipped for free in the US

Click here to get them.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #14
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

2008 Impreza Whiteline 20mm rear ARB

NON-ADJUSTABLE!!!!

Price is $152 shipped for free in the US!!!!

You can get it here.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

2008 Impreza Whiteline 20mm ADJUSTABLE ARB

THIS ONE IS ADJUSTABLE!!!!!

This one also comes package WITH KBR15 - the chassis mount reinforcement bars.

Price is 184 shipped for free in the US.

You can get it by clicking here.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #16
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

2008 Swift WRX springs

$309 shipped for free in the US.

These Swift springs for your 2008 WRX Impreza (either wagon or sedan!) offer the same great handling as Swift has done with their springs for the previous generation Imprezas.

The spring rates are:

Front: 185 ft/lbs
Rear: 174 ft/lbs

The drop is:

Front: 0.8 in (sedan) 1.0 in (wagon)
Rear: 08 in (sedan) 1.0 in (wagon)

You can get them from TiC by clicking here.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

2008 WRX front swaybar

Lets face it, Subaru loves the MacPherson strut setup up front. It's fairly light weight, easy to make, easy to maintain, and easy to install at the factory. All great stuff when you think about those things.

The problem is that as the loaded wheel compresses the camber rolls over toward positive. In the end this reduces your available contact patch on the ground. This reduces front grip. THIS leads to more understeer as your tires skip sideways over the tarmac. NOT a good thing.

Fortunately, you can help control that by upping the wheel rate. Now you could do this with springs. Problem there is that begins to affect the ride quality. So, what's a guy to do? Well, the answer is the front anti-roll bar from Whiteline. It ups the wheel rate only in a turn, and helps to control some of that compression in a more civil manner. The end result is better handlings.

This particular bar is 22mm and two-way adjustable so you can tailor it to your driving style. As for fitment, you're looking at 2005+ LGT or 2008 WRX.

$175 shipped for free in the US. Click here.