TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > Delaware
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
DE People!! Help TST Grow by Representing TST in Your Area and Spreading the Word

edit 4/21/07:
Thanks to those in the past and those who are currently looking to help. The site has grown more than anyone probably imagined. I'd say at this point its more important to focus on quality instead of quantity, but its still a great idea to print out some TST Invite Flyers and keep them in your glovebox. If you see a tastefully modified car that catches your interest or talk to someone who seems cool, hand them one and invite them to check the site out.
At this point I'm not looking to work directly with anyone like what was originally stated in this thread, but if everyone does their 'unofficial' part by keeping the flyers in their car and inviting people who they think would add to the quality of the forum, it will help TST to continue to grow and improve.
Thanks!
Bryan

Original Post:
Hey guys,
I'd really like to see the forum grow more in places where it hasnt really taken off. To help with that, I'm looking to team up with a few people in each area who are enthusiastic about the forum and interested in helping out with spreading the word and really getting their local scene organized. Its all gotta start somewhere which is clearly proven by the forum in general which is less than a year old, so if you're reading this and would be interested in working with me on ideas on how to spread the word and get guys local to YOU more active then please get in touch.
The best ways I have found to spread the word are: leaving flyers on cars you see whenever you get the chance, telling friends about it, posting about meets or other activities on other forums and adding a link back to TST for more info about it.
So, if you're enthusiastic about the forum and want to see your local scene thrive, please get in touch with me and we can work together on making that happen.
Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon..
Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 04-21-2007 at 07:45 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

bump... come on i just need one person to start and soon enough we'll turn it into 100

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 12-22-2005, 03:53 AM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

anyone?

|

Quote:

|
Old 12-22-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
JasonKilpa
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #429

Send a message via AIM to JasonKilpa Send a message via Yahoo to JasonKilpa
Well I would be interested in trying to help get more people from Delaware involved on here. I check the forum just about everyday even though I don't post often.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
OWENthatsmyname
Tri-State Addict

Member #55

My Ride:

Send a message via AIM to OWENthatsmyname
i would help if i didnt go to school in mid PA. im planning on transferring to come back down to DE though! ill help when i come back

OWENthatsmyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

jason, i just put you on as the moderator for the DE forum. i'll send you a PM with some info on it... thanks.
bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
Spoolin81TSI
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1756

Send a message via AIM to Spoolin81TSI Send a message via Yahoo to Spoolin81TSI
I will def help, i live in Hockessin, but as soon as the talon is running reliably, ill be back on the road going everywhere. let me know what you need

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Spoolin81TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
speedDman1
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1372

Yeah...I'm intersted and from DE...
Old 04-12-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
mazda6guy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #92

Send a message via AIM to mazda6guy
Hey Troll what would it take to get something started in Maryland?
Old 04-22-2006, 05:27 AM   #10
Spoolin81TSI
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1756

Send a message via AIM to Spoolin81TSI Send a message via Yahoo to Spoolin81TSI
The talon is almost finished, and I think I have solved my hardware NIGHTMARE, or should I say lack there of hardware nightmare. As soon as its on the road and reliable, i would be in a definite position to do some things in Delaware and have some good ideas, and meeting places! Please let me know what I can do to be apart!

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Spoolin81TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #11
gregfeder
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1094

Send a message via AIM to gregfeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedDman1
Yeah...I'm intersted and from DE...
I nominate speedDman1... I think he could hold it down, impressive driver for his young age!

Listen to our debut EP!!

gregfeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #12
StreetEG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfeder
I nominate speedDman1... I think he could hold it down, impressive driver for his young age!

I 2nd that....up for speedDman1!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #13
speedDman1
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1372

sweet...Bump for me! haha
Old 09-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #14
deDSM98
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2263

My Ride:
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder

i live right in newark...ill help out...what would i have to do?
deDSM98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #15
Flat 4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2498

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Hey guys,
I'd really like to see the forum grow more in places where it hasnt really taken off. To help with that, I'm looking to team up with a few people in each area who are enthusiastic about the forum and interested in helping out with spreading the word and really getting their local scene organized. Its all gotta start somewhere which is clearly proven by the forum in general which is less than a year old, so if you're reading this and would be interested in working with me on ideas on how to spread the word and get guys local to YOU more active then please get in touch.
The best ways I have found to spread the word are: leaving flyers on cars you see whenever you get the chance, telling friends about it, posting about meets or other activities on other forums and adding a link back to TST for more info about it.
So, if you're enthusiastic about the forum and want to see your local scene thrive, please get in touch with me and we can work together on making that happen.
Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon..
Bryan
I'll do it....

Flat 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:19 PM   #16
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

hey guys, i'd love to see the DE section grow more... i think the best thing to do is to print out some flyers and make sure to keep them in your car. if you spot something you like in a parking lot or wherever, leave a note on their windshield or hand the person a flyer.
this is a cool place to gather and organize with the locals so the more you spread the word the more valuable it will be to do that.

|

Quote:

|
Old 09-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #17
Flat 4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2498

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
hey guys, i'd love to see the DE section grow more... i think the best thing to do is to print out some flyers and make sure to keep them in your car. if you spot something you like in a parking lot or wherever, leave a note on their windshield or hand the person a flyer.
this is a cool place to gather and organize with the locals so the more you spread the word the more valuable it will be to do that.
Maybe first we should try to talk to the people that we are going to be trying to "recruit?" The only way a forum will retain a decent reputation are through decent members. If I see some jackhole in an SRT-4 (or any other car, for that matter) shooting off his BOV at every person walking across a crosswalk or at every car he sees, he surely isn't getting a flyer.

See, I'm 32 years old. Now, I know a lot of the people here are probably in their early 20s (I'm probably a senior citizen here!), but I don't prefer to be one of these guys hanging out in a Boscov's parking lot. When I was 20 years old, it was cool. Now that I'm 32, it's not. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm always up for some fun on back roads or something, but if I'm going to attend a meet, it's going to be a little bit more than meeting in a parking lot at 1am.

I don't mean to sound high and mighty, and I hope I don't come off that way, but I'm really not into sitting around and having "motor-revving" contests. I"m always game for a trip to an amusement park, or a bbq followed with a cruise (or vice-versa), or some get-together at somebody's place, or whatever.....but I'm beyond the "Fast and the Furious" uh....."lifestyle," now.

In other words, if a site's going to be free of all the sh*t-talking and douchebaggery, you're going to need to recruit a mature crowd. That's not saying that they need to be in their 30s or 40s, but just people that can be respectful and hang out with people without finding the need to make a statement by doing burnouts or acting stupid.

Flat 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #18
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ha you joined...

and i agree with everything you're saying. in my perfect little world, this forum would be full of mature, respectful members who are here to learn from each other and have a few laughs.
i actually typed something along the lines of what you just said about using your judgement to try to invite quality members/cars, but i deleted it because i'm not sure how that could be accomplished, and i didnt want to sound elitist.
i agree though, at this point here its really quality over quantity so hopefully our current members who take pride in the forum will continue to do what they can to improve the content here and hold themselves back when they feel an urge coming on to act like an idiot.

|

Quote:

|
Old 09-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #19
koho2731
Tri-State Addict

Member #997

My Ride:
95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to koho2731 Send a message via Yahoo to koho2731
I've been spreading the word around work but I don't think anyone has joined
koho2731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #20
deDSM98
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2263

My Ride:
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder

troll do you want us to make the flyers or do you want to send them to us? it would be a little better if you sent them b/c my printer is not working right now...also i live right in newark so there are nuthing but tuner cars around. so i can def. help out.
deDSM98 is offline   Reply With Quote