TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
TST Spring Meet Planning - Help us find a great location!

We are looking for a great new location for the 2014 TST Spring Meet and would love some help from the community.

Last year's event was the biggest yet with well over 2500 cars and over $17,000 donated to Make A Wish. We have outgrown our location and need to find a new home this year.

Its not easy to find an ideal location for this event because of the huge turnout we get... there aren't many lots that can actually hold 2500+ vehicles but if you have any ideas please post them here so we can look into them more.

*Again, the lot MUST be able to hold at least 2500 vehicles which is pretty massive so please try to verify how many cars the location you're suggesting holds.
*We would prefer to keep the event in the northeast Philly area if possible, but we are staying flexible right now to any good options if you have another suggestion for a location.
*We are able to pay a fee to use the location, but as this is a charity event the lower the cost the better.

Think big colleges / universities / event centers / huge businesses parking lots / stadiums / etc... or just think outside the box, anything is a possibility.

Hopefully we can come up with some good ideas, and the more info you can provide with your suggestion the better.

And for anyone interested, we are looking for volunteers to help out with this year's event... lots of positions available with varying responsibilities. If you want to help plan the event (starting now) or if you just want to help the day of the event, please let me know and we can talk about how to get you involved.

Thanks and looking forward to another great event this year!
Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
dastpe
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23109

My Ride:
mazdaspeed3, evo8

York Fairgrounds. They have a huge hot rod show each year, as well as a large VW show and I have heard good things about both. Tons of space.
dastpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
mg23
Tri-State Addict

Member #6216

My Ride:
2008 Nissan 350z

Send a message via AIM to mg23
airstrip?
mg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Citizens bank park parking lot? Wells Fargo center parking lot?
Old 11-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Thanks for the responses so far, we're interested in looking at all of our options so keep them flowing, and the more detail you have about it the better.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 11-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
Killercoop
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #20556

My Ride:
10 camaro ss

Willow Grove air strip, I believe its decommissioned.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
TheAlchemist
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #24236

My Ride:
Procharged 2000 Trans Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killercoop View Post
Willow Grove is still partially open I do believe. I think it's now an air national guard base. But it doesn't hurt to follow up and ask about hosting a charity event there.

TheAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
Citizens bank park parking lot? Wells Fargo center parking lot?
This is my vote

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
bleacher8
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20039

My Ride:
1994 Eagle Talon

Maple Grove Raceway
bleacher8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
JeremyPA
Tri-State Addict

Member #16415

My Ride:
Cayanne Red MY04

Atco Raceway
JeremyPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #11
chaz01gt
Tri-State Addict

Member #10355

My Ride:
95 Eclipse GS-? - 04 Avalanche

Mitsubishi Owners Day (MOD) has been held at the Camden Riversharks stadium. Would probably be cheaper than the Big Philly Stadiums if we had to pay...just a suggestion. The Aquarium is right next door too so I'm sure we could use some of their parking if it was scheduled in advance. Citizens Bank Park is a good idea too. The King of Prussia Mall or even the IMAX/Best Buy/Nordstrom Rack Lot. Since its for a Charity I don't think they would mind, it's the local meets that attracts people who do dumb stuff...

Last edited by chaz01gt; 11-16-2013 at 12:24 AM.
chaz01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz01gt View Post
Mitsubishi Owners Day (MOD) has been held at the Camden Riversharks stadium. Would probably be cheaper than the Big Philly Stadiums if we had to pay...just a suggestion. The Aquarium is right next door too so I'm sure we could use some of their parking if it was scheduled in advance. Citizens Bank Park is a good idea too. The King of Prussia Mall or even the IMAX/Best Buy/Nordstrom Rack Lot. Since its for a Charity I don't think they would mind, it's the local meets that attracts people who do dumb stuff...
Even though I think its a great idea, I don't think it can hold 2500+ cars.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #13
11secdsm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4914

My Ride:
'15 F150, '11 535xi, '95 M3, '04 Wrangler

I like the idea of making a meet/track event. We rented Cecil County Raceway this season and it wasn't a bad price.

I also like the idea of using the lot at CBP or the one in Camden. Whatever you pick, make sure it has good in and out access so the lines coming and going aren't long like the past couple of years.
2006 Evo IX- 609whp-> (2.3L) || 11.19 @ 128 ->(stock 2.0) SOLD
1997 Supra- 670whp- 10.91 @ 139 SOLD
11secdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #14
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Yeah there are lots of factors that we're looking at, and not easy/obvious choice.

Citizens Bank Park and the Link both charge a TON to use their lots, plus more for their workers that they also require staff the event so those aren't going to work.

From what I am told, the Camden Riversharks lot holds about 1400 cars, so although it would be a possibility, it isn't big enough.

I will talk to the local drag strips but I'm afraid the cost will be too high for that since we want to keep the admission price down and also maximize the amount we're able to donate.

Willow Grove Airstrip sounds like it could be great, but it doesn't sound like they are open to the public for this sort of thing. Does anyone have a contact there? I'm not even sure how to reach the right person for that although I am looking into it.

I don't think we'll be able to use a mall parking lot or any other open business as they'll have normal traffic that day as well. If there are any large businesses that are closed on the weekends are are seasonal and not open in Mid April - Mid May then that would be great.

Thanks again for the ideas so far and lets keep them rolling!

|

Quote:

|

Last edited by TROLL; 11-16-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #15
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Yeah there are lots of factors that we're looking at, and not easy/obvious choice.

Citizens Bank Park and the Link both charge a TON to use their lots, plus more for their workers that they also require staff the event so those aren't going to work.

From what I am told, the Camden Riversharks lot holds about 1400 cars, so although it would be a possibility, it isn't big enough.

I will talk to the local drag strips but I'm afraid the cost will be too high for that since we want to keep the admission price down and also maximize the amount we're able to donate.

Willow Grove Airstrip would be PERFECT, but it doesn't sound like they are open to the public for this sort of thing. Does anyone have a contact there? I'm not even sure how to reach the right person for that although I am looking into it.

I don't think we'll be able to use a mall parking lot or any other open business as they'll have normal traffic that day as well. If there are any large businesses that are closed on the weekends are are seasonal and not open in Mid April - Mid May then that would be great.

Thanks again for the ideas so far and lets keep them rolling!
If you do use the Camden River Sharks stadium for the event next year, have the one side for people who have VIP parking, and maybe you can use the other side for generic parking. For those who aren't paying for a VIP spot.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #16
11secdsm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4914

My Ride:
'15 F150, '11 535xi, '95 M3, '04 Wrangler

How about the parking lot behind the Philly Expo Center in Oaks? Not sure what that lot will hold.
2006 Evo IX- 609whp-> (2.3L) || 11.19 @ 128 ->(stock 2.0) SOLD
1997 Supra- 670whp- 10.91 @ 139 SOLD
11secdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #17
accentedeclipse
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10659

My Ride:
01 Hyundai accent and c6

Track day would be awesome at englishtown or atco
accentedeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #18
x03_EVOx
Tri-State Addict

Member #22077

My Ride:
2003 Mitsubishi Evo 8

Macungie Memorial Park would be a good spot. Same place where the wheels of time is held every year. Not sure how many cars show up for that but I know it's a whole lot!

1995 Mitsu 3000gt VR4 - Sold

2003 RR Mitsu EVO 8 - Current....need a better DD!
2005 Mitsu Outlander XLS - The Wifey's ride.....
x03_EVOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #19
Bdub215
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16318

My Ride:
1993 Lexus ES300 "ES 5Spd"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killercoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
Willow Grove is still partially open I do believe. I think it's now an air national guard base. But it doesn't hurt to follow up and ask about hosting a charity event there.
This. i actually said this awhile back. tons of real estate in that place.

Bdub215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

York fair grounds, I would be glad to help with whatever I can.

The cause is great and I would love a scenario that was better than the cramped parking of last year
saxon is offline   Reply With Quote