TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-22-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Send a message via AIM to 1988 Olds
Huge Cruise in Philly Tomorrow (Support our Troops)

Just wanted to let everyone know there will be a huge Cruise at the Ford , Lincoln, Mercury tomorrow night. It is at Tyson and the BLVD I believe. 7001 Roosevelt BLVD. The deal is only RWD drive American cars are aloud. I know there are only a few but just wanted to put it out there. If the weather hold out there should be no problem of there being 400-500 cars there. The show is going to be on TV at some time and a I think a few news stations will be there. This is the absolute best cruise I have ever been too. Hopefully some of you guys will make it out. It is from 6-10pm. If you do enter there is a 5.00 donation towards our Troops. Hopefully my car will be done and I will be there. I'll do my best to add some members to our site. If anyone has any questions feel free to call me tomorrow. I may be workin on the car but I will get back to you. PM me for my number.

Dynoed at 237hp and 292lbs at the rear wheels.
Hmm ran 13.52 @ 103.42 11/10/06
1994 Hunter Green Acura Integra DB7, Stock
1988 Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
Blaise
Tri-State Addict

Member #304

My Ride:
station wagon

Send a message via AIM to Blaise
And by 'aloud' you mean allowed.

That's right, no AWD/FWD cars or imports. This rules out like 98% of the site.
'08 Super Duke - mother of god
Blaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
9 Ball
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #70

My Ride:
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Wow. That's pretty cool. If I had a rear drive domestic, I would check it out.

Hopefuly it will be a boost for the troops.
9 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
i'd like to send out a big to a domestic, rwd only meet. i guarantee i would never ever put together an import, awd only meet. i dont support the war one bit but i do of course support the troops who are overseas. however, since my kind isnt wanted there i guess i wont go
bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
i'd like to send out a big to a domestic, rwd only meet. i guarantee i would never ever put together an import, awd only meet. i dont support the war one bit but i do of course support the troops who are overseas. however, since my kind isnt wanted there i guess i wont go
bryan

I have a dead firebird sitting around. Only needs 100 bucks and 5 hours or so to get it running, and then it needs 4 new tires...but since I don't feel like playing with it, I won't be going either.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
Blaise
Tri-State Addict

Member #304

My Ride:
station wagon

Send a message via AIM to Blaise
Quote:
bryan
It helps keep the rice factor down. Admit it.
'08 Super Duke - mother of god
Blaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:54 PM   #7
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

That is the main reason. Also this show brings out alot of older people who really aren't into the Tuner Generation. The first time he help it there were alot of car groups bring cars with stickers all over them, reving thier engines, and peeling out. Honestly 90% of you guys I wouldn't have a problem with being there but he makes the rules. I mean you guys can still go check it out and I am sure there will be plenty of racing afterwards if the weather is nice.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:04 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

right, and i've been to plenty of subaru meets or import meets. they are intended for those cars but everyone is allowed to go. pocket rocket joined up with the spring subaru fun run on nasioc in his mini cooper s and was welcomed with open arms... thast cool.
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 04-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

and another thing... lets not forget our 'saleen' buddy who was doing all kinds of burnouts in the lot we were parked in. ah ha! i win.
bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-22-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
WhiteFiveO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #245

Send a message via AIM to WhiteFiveO
Was that even a real saleen i think it was a clone
WhiteFiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:50 PM   #11
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFiveO
Regular mustang with a Saleen body kit and some sort of aftermarket exhaust. Betcha it's a ton slower than a real one.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:01 PM   #12
bjc26
Tri-State Addict

Member #158

My Ride:
'00 Lightning

Send a message via AIM to bjc26
RWD in the rain eh? Have fun. They are most likely just jealous of the awd and the power...
Old 04-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #13
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Yeah the rain part sucks but hopefully we have nice weather. There is enough inside room for 50 cars so at least we got that working for us. If any of you guys with AWD think you can beat any car there let me know. I know last year best race car ran 7.40s. Twin-Tubro V6, Hmm RWD, and my dad's buddy won best show/race car and it ran low 9s. You want some just let me know. I'll tell ya again the show is for older people mostly. Not young kids. I just happen to be one of the kids who is into older muscle cars and not the tuners that most people on this site have.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #14
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

Quote:
bryan
Whats wrong with them having a domestic rwd meet only? If a group had a mustang only meet somewhere, would you be upset that you couldnt take your import? Honestly, if it wasnt only domestic, alot of ricers who dont give a **** about the war or the troops would show up and act like ....ricers.
" i dont support the war one bit but i do of course support the troops who are overseas. "
Thats like saying, I dont support abortion but I support the women who get abortions.
Chair-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #15
SilverTurboRidin
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #197

Send a message via AIM to SilverTurboRidin Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurboRidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SL2_Modder
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFiveO
Regular mustang with a Saleen body kit and some sort of aftermarket exhaust. Betcha it's a ton slower than a real one.
Correctoooo, it was a 99+ GT With headers, MAC H-pipe No cats. With Bassani mufflers.
Now it's a war you ain't on the side wit me
SilverTurboRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:33 PM   #16
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair-Force
Whats wrong with them having a domestic rwd meet only? If a group had a mustang only meet somewhere, would you be upset that you couldnt take your import? Honestly, if it wasnt only domestic, alot of ricers who dont give a *no cursing!* about the war or the troops would show up and act like ....ricers.
" i dont support the war one bit but i do of course support the troops who are overseas. "
Thats like saying, I dont support abortion but I support the women who get abortions.
if you actually read the thread you would have seen where i said that i've been to plenty of subaru meets, and they are intended for subarus but anyone is allowed to come. saying that only rwd domestics are allowed is really lame. i guess it works out though cause i wont come and they wont miss me. but if you understand the reason why i made this forum in the first place then you'd see why i dont agree with meets with that kind of philosophy. and i see how people find it easy to associate imports with 'ricers' but dont think for a minute that there are any less aholes and troublemakers in the domestic crowd than the import crowd.
and if anyone else things my comment about the war/troops doesnt make sense please raise your hand. i'm not going to get into a political debate about it but i think i may have been talking over your head because its a pretty clear statement.
bryan

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem that it is generally only employed by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #17
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair-Force
Whats wrong with them having a domestic rwd meet only? If a group had a mustang only meet somewhere, would you be upset that you couldnt take your import? Honestly, if it wasnt only domestic, alot of ricers who dont give a *no cursing!* about the war or the troops would show up and act like ....ricers.
if you actually read the thread you would have seen where i said that i've been to plenty of subaru meets, and they are intended for subarus but anyone is allowed to come. saying that only rwd domestics are allowed is really lame. i guess it works out though cause i wont come and they wont miss me. but if you understand the reason why i made this forum in the first place then you'd see why i dont agree with meets with that kind of philosophy. and i see how people find it easy to associate imports with 'ricers' but dont think for a minute that there are any less aholes and troublemakers in the domestic crowd than the import crowd.
and if anyone else things my comment about the war/troops doesnt make sense please raise your hand. i'm not going to get into a political debate about it but i think i may have been talking over your head because its a pretty clear statement.
bryan

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem that it is generally only employed by small children and large nations." -David Friedman
I still dont understand why you would be annoyed that some people may just want certain cars at a meet. As far as your war comment, we hear that crap line all the time from people, we just laugh at them.[/code]
Old 04-22-2005, 06:00 PM   #18
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

i'm really not that annoyed about it, i just felt like complaining. its not my style to be all exclusive, but everybody is different. i dont know jack about most domestics and the same goes for a lot of imports... i just like to promote sharing knowledge across lines instead of people being ignorant and calling domestic owners hicks or import owners riceburners.
and as far as politics go, i laugh at george bush all the time so i guess we're even ;)
bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #19
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

well, I like hotpockets.

;)
Old 04-22-2005, 06:04 PM   #20
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

So isn't this thread about an all RWD domestic meet? Lets keep it on topic! ;)

Kinda wanna get my firebird running to go to it, but that won't happen.