TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-26-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
turbotool
Tri-State Addict

Member #142

My Ride:
97 Tahoe, 06 Malibu Maxx SS, 92 Camaro RS

Precision Dyno Tuning

Does anyone know if Precision Dyno Tuning does ecu reflashes for Evo?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
03tarmacblack
Tri-State Addict

Member #219

Yep ecutek software, Im flashed by them... There in L-town now so there real close. If you got any questions let me know cause Im real cool with them dudes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
03tarmacblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Get a ecutek flash by sean at ivy tunning, he just did my buddies 9, alls I can say is its a beast. He got tuned without a fuel pump and a crappy intake and still did 330whp. Sean is retuning him with these new parts and they will pull around 380whp, with just a turbo back, o2 housing, and a fuel pump. Simply amazing!

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
03tarmacblack
Tri-State Addict

Member #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid
Get a ecutek flash by sean at ivy tunning, he just did my buddies 9, alls I can say is its a beast. He got tuned without a fuel pump and a crappy intake and still did 330whp. Sean is retuning him with these new parts and they will pull around 380whp, with just a turbo back, o2 housing, and a fuel pump. Simply amazing!
330 whp assuming dynojet. Not bad... but have you seen pd tuning's evo 9 numbers..? Your buddy with the 9 puts out less power than my 8, and I have less parts then him...ecutek flash... can you explain?
332.12whp 286.11lbt .... horsepower is nice, but whats up with the torque? Ive got atleast 50 more torque, same boost, minus mivec...yea ivey says theres more in the car, but can he say alot more.

Ivey is good with the aem, but I dont think he's used to the ecutek just yet...Plus you cant get a better tune than a mustang dyno.

Old 12-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #5
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tarmacblack
330 whp assuming dynojet. Not bad... but have you seen pd tuning's evo 9 numbers..? Your buddy with the 9 puts out less power than my 8, and I have less parts then him...ecutek flash... can you explain?
332.12whp 286.11lbt .... horsepower is nice, but whats up with the torque? Ive got atleast 50 more torque, same boost, minus mivec...yea ivey says theres more in the car, but can he say alot more.

Ivey is good with the aem, but I dont think he's used to the ecutek just yet...Plus you cant get a better tune than a mustang dyno.
Like I said, it needs a new intake and a pump, then it should be up around 380whp. Does your 8 put down 380whp??

Quote:
Old 12-26-2005, 06:11 PM   #6
Twincharged
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1190

Sean is the man and that is all I have to say.
Twincharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #7
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Where the hell is PDT located? Give me an addy or something.

Dyno places should have a website.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #8
03tarmacblack
Tri-State Addict

Member #219

Quote:
Like I said, it needs a new intake and a pump, then it should be up around 380whp. Does your 8 put down 380whp??

Does his 9? Not as of yet. My car has done everything I stated. If I got hard pipes, o2 housing, an intake and fuel pump and had pd do a retune... I wouldnt dought my car on a dynojet, because it has shocked me numerous times on a mustang dyno. I have also maxed out my stock pump, and that is holding my number as of now back also.
I can care less about numbers truthfully.... I put out nice power throughout my powerband, car runs great, no driveabilily issues... ive beed tuned 5 months ago and am still happy with it.. if you can say the same thing about ivey, than I recommend him too... but the thread on my compuer reads "Precision Dyno Tuning" so lets stay on topic.

Old 12-26-2005, 06:28 PM   #9
03tarmacblack
Tri-State Addict

Member #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SL2_Modder
Where the hell is PDT located? Give me an addy or something.

Dyno places should have a website.
Elkins ave. in levittown ... awd mustang dyno. [contact info edited because they are not a tst vendor -TROLL]

Last edited by TROLL; 12-26-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:16 PM   #10
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Elkins ave. in levittown ... awd mustang dyno. [contact info edited because they are not a tst vendor -TROLL]
Take it they don't have a 2wd dyno, eh?

Cause I think that's close as hell to me...

*edit*
pleasepleasepleaseplease tell me that they have a 2wd dyno and that is the correct location, because I can freakin WALK there from my house....
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.

Last edited by TROLL; 12-26-2005 at 10:03 PM.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:28 PM   #11
turbotool
Tri-State Addict

Member #142

My Ride:

Quote:
Yep ecutek software, Im flashed by them... There in L-town now so there real close. If you got any questions let me know cause Im real cool with them dudes.
Do i need any piggyback or anyhting like that for the Ecutek or do I just need my stock Ecu. How much does it cost?
Old 12-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #12
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotool
Do i need any piggyback or anyhting like that for the Ecutek or do I just need my stock Ecu. How much does it cost?
Ecutek gets programmed right through your stock ecu. I'm not sure what preision charges but usally the first flash is around $700, then any flash after that should be around $100-150. It's the best way to go for street application, great for subies also.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #13
Evolved
Tri-State Addict

Member #998

Quote:
it needs a new intake and a pump, then it should be up around 380whp.
50whp from a fuel pump and a different intake? What were his baseline numbers?
Evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #14
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved
50whp from a fuel pump and a different intake? What were his baseline numbers?
I'm not sure. Sean had told him those numbers, also comparing to other 9's over the board on evom.net. If you want more info, PM Rjsdxm, he would know more about it since its his car. From what he was told those are the numbers it would do, mostly because the mivec was not tuned yet and also the intake he was told was bad.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2005, 09:09 PM   #15
rjsdxm
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1080

ok let me ask you this tarmac what do you have done to your car?? also ive heard about pd they tune for straight power not safe power ok and for having just and exhaust and intake and dynoing 332 thats crazy even peeps on evo m said so and Sean ivey is also one of the best tuners he tunes some of the fastes race cars that people are ashamed to say they cant tune thier own cars when they are tune shops he is very good with ecutek the reason for such low hp is because of my ****ty intake once i get a new one i will retune not to mention im only runnin 21 psi when everyone else is boosting at 25 psi on the iX's we will see on the next tune what happens but i deff vote sean ivey all the way and iver heard alot of horror stories about pd so i dunno.

<----check it out...

<---- Team Emotions evo IX
rjsdxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #16
turbotool
Tri-State Addict

Member #142

My Ride:

Thats all great fellas, but I just want to know what I need to get my car tuned at Precision. Its right down the street and I've heard nothing but great things about them. Tarmac, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know a price for ecu flashing. Also, should I get a fuel pump before I do the flash? Thanx
Old 12-26-2005, 09:48 PM   #17
Evolved
Tri-State Addict

Member #998

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotool
Thats all great fellas, but I just want to know what I need to get my car tuned at Precision. Its right down the street and I've heard nothing but great things about them. Tarmac, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know a price for ecu flashing. Also, should I get a fuel pump before I do the flash? Thanx
How about you just call them and ask. And yes, if you plan to add a fuel pump then do it before your tune.
Evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:01 PM   #18
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
please take note of the topic of this thread and do not debate different tuners here, just keep it on topic and if you watn to talk about something or someone else then start a new thread.
also its against the rules to post contact or pricing info on a shop that is not a registered vendor here, so that'll have to be left out of the thread.
thanks,
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:41 AM   #19
03tarmacblack
Tri-State Addict

Member #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsdxm
ok let me ask you this tarmac what do you have done to your car?? also ive heard about pd they tune for straight power not safe power ok and for having just and exhaust and intake and dynoing 332 thats crazy even peeps on evo m said so and Sean ivey is also one of the best tuners he tunes some of the fastes race cars that people are ashamed to say they cant tune thier own cars when they are tune shops he is very good with ecutek the reason for such low hp is because of my ****ty intake once i get a new one i will retune not to mention im only runnin 21 psi when everyone else is boosting at 25 psi on the iX's we will see on the next tune what happens but i deff vote sean ivey all the way and iver heard alot of horror stories about pd so i dunno.
I had al from dynoflash and nick from pd both tune my car. I only have tbe, mbc @ 23 psi, aps 50/50 valve, drop in filter, and an ecutek flash.Ive had other dumb mods like you ( intake, intercooler pipes, and much longer list,but realized there good for nothing) I got dyno'd with my old slipping clutch...my horsepower right now doesnt matter, but I put out 310 Lb/ft torque on the same mustang dyno when I baselined @192 when I was stock. Im just saying try to explore other options before throwing all your money one way. Nick at pd was the first to figure out the evo 9 ecu and tuned the first evo 9, im pretty sure he still has the record for the highest hp stock evo 9 w/ ecutek.
But all in all tuning is great, but where you going to go for a clutch install..? cam install..? Going to have to make an appointment for iveys moms garage.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:48 AM   #20
TehWagon
The Calendar Master

Member #34

My Ride:
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon MBP

Send a message via AIM to TehWagon
just for clarification, is there now a third place called precision? i know there is a precision dyno tuning in moorestown nj, a precision in brick, nj and now there's a place in levittown? or did the one in moorestown move?
~Ashley *formerly CarWidow* {TST Orig No. 34 / HP#002}
{{{---MPIBTY

My favorite wagon quote:
Quote:
I needed to both haul stuff and haul arse.
TehWagon is offline   Reply With Quote