TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 04:45 PM   #41
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
ok friday is fine with me, just wanted to make sure becuase i'll request off tomorrow. keep me posted on the details, thanks.
bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #42
evilution
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #141

Send a message via AIM to evilution
you guys will not be dissapointed.... Nick really knows what he is doing up there... i gained 42 whp and 33 trq just a month and half of being tuned at turbo trix.... He used to work for aem and if anyone is going to get ems tuned he is the man to do it.... No matter what your getting done he will get you done right!!!

justin
Old 05-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #43
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

i tried calling today to get some info about the day and also their experience with WRX tuning and the UTEC specifically. they said they'd call back but didnt
i'm sure they are good though, i've heard plenty about them. i'd just like to know what kind of experience they have with my car and my EMS.
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 05-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #44
Blurvision
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #114

Send a message via AIM to Blurvision
So if i wind up just showing up and not confirming would that be ok? I dont wanna say yes 100% i have to see how finals work out
sorry for the confusion
-mark

2001 RS

Old 05-10-2005, 04:36 AM   #45
XxGarbSxX
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #409

Send a message via AIM to XxGarbSxX
Ok, sorry for the late hour update, but I just got back from the hospital with my roommate. Well, Blurvision, we have 11 people 100% confirmed, I have 2 unconfirmed at the saturnmotorsports.com forum and you and 272sWrx here. Now any one of you can give a 100% confirm and drop the prices by $5, or you can all leave everyone on the edge of their seats, awaiting in agonizing suspense and either come to our rescue, or let us down. You have the potential to save a grand total of $55 dollars! Eventhough it won't be you saving the money, the money will be saved because of you. But to answer your question more directly: Yes, you can just show up without a 100% confirmation, but if you aren't going to make it, please call me. I'm PMing my contact info now.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #46
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ahem... i didnt see my name mentioned on that list. whats a guy gotta do around here? haha...
bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #47
JasterM5
Tri-State Addict

Member #85

Send a message via AIM to JasterM5 Send a message via MSN to JasterM5
I'm in. I'll take off work. Kinda nice when you make the schedules

Anyways, What constitutes tuning? Becasu I have no Utec or anything. The most I can see is adjusting my MBC. Can they tune like that? The car need to be tuned badly but its running on a stock ECU. Timing could be better.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #48
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
I tell ya what I'd be in I drive a 04 redline and from what I read about my car they can't touch the ECU at all. So I'll probably just come and get a few dyno pulls. so am I correct to believe the price right now is $30 for me to just get a few runs in? Also is this a awd dyno or just a fwd or does it matter? LoL I'm not sure seeing as I never went to a dyno before. I work thursday night into friday morning at 6am so I might not make it there till about 2-3 O' Clock then I have to go back to work at 6pm. I mapped it out from precision to my work and its only 20 mins so I can hang for a couple hours before headin up to work.

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #49
XxGarbSxX
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #409

Quote:
I'm in. I'll take off work. Kinda nice when you make the schedules
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE OUR NUMBER 12! Prices are now at $60 for runs and tuning and $30 for up to 5 runs! Welcome aboard JasterM5.

Quote:
I tell ya what I'd be in I drive a 04 redline and from what I read about my car they can't touch the ECU at all. So I'll probably just come and get a few dyno pulls. so am I correct to believe the price right now is $30 for me to just get a few runs in? Also is this a awd dyno or just a fwd or does it matter? LoL I'm not sure seeing as I never went to a dyno before. I work thursday night into friday morning at 6am so I might not make it there till about 2-3 O' Clock then I have to go back to work at 6pm. I mapped it out from precision to my work and its only 20 mins so I can hang for a couple hours before headin up to work.
Is this a definite confirmation? I'm putting you down in pencil right now. Are you on redlineforums.com? It's a shame what has happened to that forum since the invasion of the idiots from SRTforums.com.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:46 PM   #50
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
Yes I am D3XXFR from redlineforums, and yes it is a shame tis the reason me and silver started LSJTuners. I'm pretty positive I can afford 30 bucks Silver you wanna ride up?

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:29 PM   #51
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Garbs... you gotta be kidding me. Officially add me to the list by the time I wake up tomorrow morning or I'm gonna ban you.

:P I'm totally kidding, but seriously wtf m8? I've only said about a dozen times that I'm definitely in, acknowledge me si vous plait. Merci,
Bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-11-2005, 08:42 PM   #52
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
Am I just not even seeing a list?
Where is this mysterious list?
Old 05-11-2005, 08:49 PM   #53
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGarbSxX
Ok, sorry for the late hour update, but I just got back from the hospital with my roommate. Well, Blurvision, we have 11 people 100% confirmed, I have 2 unconfirmed at the saturnmotorsports.com forum and you and 272sWrx here.
The fact that I was not mentioned here and have also not really been acknowledged leads me to the fact that I am not on the "list"
bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #54
XxGarbSxX
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #409

I have not posted an official list of attendees on any forum. Here is the list as it stands right now:

Official:
Me
Cory (good friend of mine, owns a SC2 like me)
Dave (also good friend, owns a SL2)
redlin-er (Redline forums)
D3FFXR (known as BlueBulletRL here)
SilverBulletRL (Redline forums)
Tamdara (Redline forums)
Plasticar (Saturn Motorsports forum)
Blaise (TriState Tuners forum)
the mike (TriState Tuners forum)
TROLL (TriState Tuners forum)
JasterM5 (TriState Tuners forum)

Questionable:
Blurvision (TriState Tuners forum)
Plasticar's 2 buddies

If I missed you and you're not on the list, please contact me so I can put you on this list. There, TROLL, ya happy?
Old 05-11-2005, 10:18 PM   #55
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

thanks for making a list and putting me on it. i put the important info into the first post and changed the title of the thread to describe it better. about the 1pm starting time... is that enough for over a dozen cars? if each car takes 45 - 60 minutes average, its definitely not enough time unless you plan to run this thing into the wee hours of the morning. might want to look into that... (i'm factoring in setup, dyno pulls (or tuning), and bringing the car off the dyno... 45-60 minutes is the least i could imagine).
bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #56
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
Are they breaking it down into AWD and FWD setups, since last time they were switching back and forth.
Perhaps AWD first. There are only 2 of us on the list.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #57
JasterM5
Tri-State Addict

Member #85

Send a message via AIM to JasterM5 Send a message via MSN to JasterM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mike
Are they breaking it down into AWD and FWD setups, since last time they were switching back and forth.
Perhaps AWD first. There are only 2 of us on the list.
All the more reason to get you done LAST!!!!

'02 RWD WRX
->
Dead - Really Miss It
'90 Infiniti SR20 M30 - Dead - Miss this more

'93 Nissan S13 Vert - SR20 yadda yadda......
'92 Mazda 929
Old 05-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #58
Precision Dyno

Member #330

Hey Guys,
I have gotten the emails, but for some reason the internet at the shop won't let me do too much with Outlook Express.
Anyway I had to find the time to come on here.
The pricing is correct as posted.
About the WBO2, you will have a choice of tailpipe or Bung welded in.
The tailpipe is not as accurate in my opinion (depending on the setup) That is why we choose and recommend that a seperate bung be installed for tuning purposes.
As far as the tuning is concerned, we will need to know what type of ems or software you are using to tune your specific vehicle.
We will be operating the dyno and tuning the vehicle unless other arrangements are being made with us by the customer. Some people would like to take part in making adjustments and expressing their thoughts in how the vehicle should operate.
That will all be taken into concideration.
As far as the Utecs are concerned, I will be completely honest with you all. I have tuned only one on a wrx. I have said on many occasions in person and over the phone, that I am not a fan of piggyback style units. I prefer EcuTek or a Cobb system. BUT that doesn't mean I will not tune the vehicle. Just understand that the majoity of piggyback systems will only hold a tune for so long. I just don't want to get into a battle with the stock ecu relearning or compensating for changed or obscure parameters.
Needless to say the tuning is basic and I feel that the Utecs can be usefull as a tuning tool as long as the customer understands the drawbacks in operation that may occur during various drive cycles and climate variances
If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns at all, please feel free to contact us or post here. I will check this site many times daily.
Sometimes the shop is so loud we don't hear the phone and we apoligize for any inconvenience. We will make sure that everyone is taken care of.
Thanks
PD Tuning
Old 05-12-2005, 11:30 PM   #59
XxGarbSxX
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #409

Ok, that's what the email problem was. No big deal. I was going to call you earlier today to address a few questions TROLL and I had, well most of them were TROLL's questions, but I installed an update for iTunes and had to restart my computer and since his questions were over AIM, they were lost. Yea, I know, I'm an idiot, but I do remember one of the questions. It was regarding the starting time and such and such.

Since we have 12 cars minimum, I'm assuming a 1PM start time would run pretty freakin late. Now about how long does it take to get 1 car done? This includes getting the car on and off of the dyno, the runs themselves, and any possible tuning. I'm guessing around 45 minutes to an hour at least? Now with 12 cars, an hour per car would run until 1AM. I don't think anyone wants to be there till one in the morning. Now what would be an acceptable start time? I'm assuming since you don't open till 9 that we won't get started before then?
Old 05-13-2005, 07:27 AM   #60
Precision Dyno

Member #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGarbSxX
Ok, that's what the email problem was. No big deal. I was going to call you earlier today to address a few questions TROLL and I had, well most of them were TROLL's questions, but I installed an update for iTunes and had to restart my computer and since his questions were over AIM, they were lost. Yea, I know, I'm an idiot, but I do remember one of the questions. It was regarding the starting time and such and such.

Since we have 12 cars minimum, I'm assuming a 1PM start time would run pretty freakin late. Now about how long does it take to get 1 car done? This includes getting the car on and off of the dyno, the runs themselves, and any possible tuning. I'm guessing around 45 minutes to an hour at least? Now with 12 cars, an hour per car would run until 1AM. I don't think anyone wants to be there till one in the morning. Now what would be an acceptable start time? I'm assuming since you don't open till 9 that we won't get started before then?
On average you are about right. But, not every car will be tuning as I understand. It takes just a few minutes to setup and break down a vehicle. Then a few more going over the info that we input into the dyno software for the make and model of the vehicle.
We open at nine and we don't have a problem staying till everyone is done.
If you would like to start early around 9:30, We can accomidate you.
PD
Closed Thread