TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #41
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
I would like to do that as well. Unfortunately last year I had to bail out last minute.

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #42
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eion View Post
Is there anyway I can volunteer as staff to help out with things?
Yes for sure! We are always looking for more people to help, just contact/PM me, Troll or scoobysti

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #43
ked84
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20896

My Ride:
03 gti vr, 07 ridgeline, 03 9-3 arc, 04 cbr1000rr

Ronald McDonald house is an amazing charity to give to. I throw a small show for them every year. Pm me if you'd like some contact information.
04 cbr1000rr

Last edited by ked84; 01-23-2013 at 12:31 AM.
ked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #44
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
Yes for sure! We are always looking for more people to help, just contact/PM me, Troll or scoobysti
I would probably be down to help, as long as work doesnt conflict

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #45
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Only thing I can suggest is having more of a police presence there. That will stop a lot of the dumb **** from happening like burnouts and open containers.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #46
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
Only thing I can suggest is having more of a police presence there. That will stop a lot of the dumb **** from happening like burnouts and open containers.
Give me aviator sunglasses and a taser.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #47
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
Give me aviator sunglasses and a taser.
I have a cross bow...

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
SHOdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #48
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

I think the $5 is more than acceptable and may keep some of the idiots that come there just to cause problems.

I would really like to see AutoX set-up but I'm sure insurance restricts that. Maybe you could get the local SCCA chapter involved or something and they can charge their normal rate and use their insurance.

Or maybe have it at a drag strip and have some drag racing going on. I just think it would really be cool to have some sort of motorsports going on.

Also, I think the parking was fine last year. People had the chance to park "front out" if they waited a minute and turn around. If you wanted to see the cars in the lot all you had to do was walk up and down the isles. That's what I did, it took a while but isn't that the point?

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #49
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I didn't make it last year so I can't say much.

But I agree that $5 is more than ok. I mean I paid for VIP and still dropped $15-20 in the jar at the end of the day in Morgantown. that doesn't include what I spent on raffle tickets and everything else.

$5 is nothin lol.

But I do agree that some sort of games/demo section would be cool. Maybe charge $1 to play or something like that. I hope I can make it this year.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #50
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

We need a good video of the day to send to some corporate bigs to get them to see that this is not a small event and is worth their while to show up, and for near free!
IE...
-Sony/PS3 mobile trailer
-Xbox mobile trailer
-NASCar team trailer

Off the top of my head I did just think of a good one.
A car smash, some wrecker supplies a junk car ( usually no motor/trans ) and people pay $1-5 for 30 sec-1min to have at it with an assortment of tools, like sledgehammer & crowbars. I have run one myself and done it 2-3 time. Its a work out and a minuet is a long time when your crazily wailing a car with a 10lb sledge. Usually at the end the local Fire Co takes their jaws of life to it and show everyone how its really done.

Dont forget this is a "Meet" and not a fair or carnival, so IMO the activities need to be a quick pull in and setup scenario. Also weather & temps for March/April/May are major factor for outdoor activities and events.

Id love to say we could having any moving car demo like a drift/rally/drag but i dont believe it possible due to space and event personnel. We take up almost all the allotted parking available to us just in the Spectator Parking and VIP/Vendor area. The Park more then frowns on the idea of parking and driving on their grass. Plus, again weather is major factor in grass parking along with who knows what your driving into when its 12" high and randomly rutted.

KEEP THEM COMING TsT!

Last edited by dangerousatom; 01-23-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #51
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Can you PM some info on being a vender for the event? I'm borderline going to have my business up and running by then.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #52
Goddabob
Tri-State Addict

Member #5799

I could supply a car or 2 for this and help run it.

But I would need to make sure myself and families company is clear from all liability.

I just see someone whacking themself with a sledge hammer.
Goddabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #53
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddabob View Post
I just see someone whacking themself with a sledge hammer.
Its almost a certainty.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #54
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Great ideas in this thread, thank you to all who have contributed so far.

If we can get a driving simulator out at the event that would be awesome, but in an initial search I didn't come up with any leads on how to pull that off. Does anyone else know what angle we could take to see if thats a possibility?

The car smash is pretty cool too as long as our insurance is ok with it and the location of the event is ok with it. Might be tricky but if its an option that could be cool too. If Goddabob is in a position to help with that then even better, please let me know what your situation is.

For anyone interested in helping out with the event, we are looking for a team of volunteers for the day of the event. Being a volunteer at the event means you are stepping up to help your community as well as a great charity and that is awesome, but it also means you will have responsibilities that we are relying on you to take care of. It means you'll be working that day, not playing (although previous volunteers can probably tell you its rewarding in the end). We depend on all of our volunteers and do expect it to be taken seriously. Just saying this to make sure those offering know what they are getting themselves into .
If you are interested in volunteering please send an email to springmeet@tristatetuners.com with your name, email, phone number, and if you have a preference on what you'd like to help with. Additionally if you have any new ideas you'd like to suggest and/or help with please include that as well!

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #55
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

Why not get an insurance company to sponsor the event?

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
SHOdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #56
aka So Fresh
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #22386

My Ride:
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT

Instead of having the front part (entrance area) of the strip where everything is (tents, etc.). Have them in the very middle of the strip with cars expanding outwards both directions from there. And have some tents, even if it's just one or two on each side at either end of the strip.

It would make walking to the absolute ends of the meet somewhat easier. Also would make more people want to check out the entire meet, not just the VIP section.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #57
1hightoy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15778

My Ride:
03 V6 6spd Accord Coupe... 11 Si Sedan...

I also have to agree $5 dollars not bad for a donation per car... Also agree with not only posting on here but also at the entrance for the lane choice for VIP and regular parking... I think for the amount of cars that come out you did a good job trying to move everyone in and out, it was your first year in this spot...
1hightoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #58
SpendOne
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #144

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX7 LQ4 Turbo

Send a message via AIM to SpendOne
I went last year, donated for the VIP section and bought raffle tickets. I have been to TST meets/hangouts for years as Troll can back me up on this. This Spring meet last year didnt do anything for me. I was instantly bored after 20 mins. There definitely needs to be something to keep everyones attention. I didnt even know the raffle was being held b/c I didnt even hear the announcement. The problem is that the lot goes deep instead of wide, so everyone is so far split up.
1980 Ford Fairmont 4Dr
LQ4 Turbo AGAIN
SpendOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #59
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

2 of the 3 times I was at a car smash you had to sign a release forum before you were aloud to participate. Most insurance Co have a general forum for this type of activity witch covers all the bases.

Another event I have seen is called a smash trailer or glass smash.

You get a box truck and go to a bunch of thrift and sal/val stores along with a local recycling center. You basically clean out all their under a dollar glass wares. Everything is then priced at least double what it may have cost. Then at your event people get to buy the items and whip them into the back of the box truck ( while standing inside it wearing the proper safety apparel ). After the event the truck goes back to the local recycling center and you just shovel it out in to the glass dumpster. I saw a guy pull well over a $1000 in one day at a fair doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka So Fresh View Post
Instead of having the front part (entrance area) of the strip where everything is (tents, etc.). Have them in the very middle of the strip with cars expanding outwards both directions from there. And have some tents, even if it's just one or two on each side at either end of the strip.

It would make walking to the absolute ends of the meet somewhat easier. Also would make more people want to check out the entire meet, not just the VIP section.
Maybe, but the issue there is we would need double the parking and traffic personnel

Last edited by dangerousatom; 01-24-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #60
ScoobySTi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6974

My Ride:
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi; 92 Mustang LX 5.0

Send a message via AIM to ScoobySTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka So Fresh View Post

We are working on something like this but as Adam said it will require double the amount of parking volunteers(which we are working on as well).

On another note can anyone source cones to donate/rent to the meet?
-The fully primered beast!
ScoobySTi is offline   Reply With Quote