TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #41
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
Looks nice, man. Put any more thought into that cash offer? Is the guy local?
After spending some quality time with her last night I decided its not worth it to me. I'm sooo close to paying her off and if I buy new its gonna start all over again. I need to just stick to the plan, pop that PPG trans in and keep her rolling in my hands. I would hate to have to see my car on the forum on at meets after all the frustration I put up with to get her the way she is now. So as far as I'm concerned she stays. Shes been good to me too.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #42
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Dig it, man; Our cars are like our kids.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #43
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Pretty much, I've spent alot of time trying to stay away from the trends and focus on building a better car not a better looking car. In the process I've made something all my own. It stands out but blends in if you know what I mean. I would hate to have someone else pick it up and roll like it was always theirs.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #44
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
It stands out but blends in if you know what I mean.
It's a good thing. People that appreciate modern performance cars will pick up on that, but so will OG's, but people who don't know what they're looking at, specifically the 5.0, might overlook you and there's your advantage. Glad you're sticking it out though.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 AM   #45
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

After talking to NJsurfrgirl, I may be getting my stock hood back. I have missed it. I hope the beach didnt beat it up too bad

I'm kinda psyched. I missed having a hoodscoop. People are always sooo confused.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:01 AM   #46
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Sell it and get something that you wont be afraid of breaking all the time!! it's TURBO TIME lol j/k but no get an evo haha j/k, no i iz srz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:03 AM   #47
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
Quote:
I'm kinda psyched. I missed having a hoodscoop. People are always sooo confused.
its crazy the retarded questions that you hear after basic aesthetic mods
Old 04-22-2009, 02:10 AM   #48
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
Quote:
After talking to NJsurfrgirl, I may be getting my stock hood back. I have missed it. I hope the beach didnt beat it up too bad

i think i called this a while ago...turd burglar.

Last edited by jspek; 04-22-2009 at 04:05 AM.
jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:27 AM   #49
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Nice car...Whats the retail on one of those?

jk

Just figured Id post in my bestest buddy's build thread. So Keith, what kinda power does she put out and whats ur best time in the 1/4 (since I know uve been practicing that since like the day u bought it lol. jking dont get mad.) No but seriously, my question is totally legit, im just curious. Because I like ur setup.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:20 AM   #50
reeksti
Tri-State Addict

Member #1503

My Ride:
06 STI(SOLD), 02 wrx

Send a message via ICQ to reeksti Send a message via AIM to reeksti Send a message via MSN to reeksti Send a message via Yahoo to reeksti
And this is when keith gets mad......

reeksti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:25 AM   #51
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeksti View Post
And this is when keith gets mad......
I thoguht this would be when he guesses at what the car "should" run.....Ohhh the burn!

peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:28 AM   #52
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
Nice car...Whats the retail on one of those?

jk

Just figured Id post in my bestest buddy's build thread. So Keith, what kinda power does she put out and whats ur best time in the 1/4 (since I know uve been practicing that since like the day u bought it lol. jking dont get mad.) No but seriously, my question is totally legit, im just curious. Because I like ur setup.
as it sits right now, somewhere in the range of 300-315 whp and maybe 295-300 torque. On my old stage2 setup I went 13.2 @102 but had the potential to get into the 12s. Right now I would assume mid to low 12s. I havent ever gone back to the track since the last time I broke there. As far as I'm concerned its fairly quick for a 2.0 with bolt ons. Although, I'm not very interested in my cars quartermile anymore.

Chaz, you dooshnozzle! Do you you know how many times people ask why I turboed an Impreza and then they tell me I'm a liar and my car isnt a WRX? It drives me nuts. How do you miss my overly polished front mount. Its clearly turbo! You can ask Joe, I have been regretting the swap since I did it almost 2 years ago. Not because I didnt like it but because I took something away I shouldnt have. Its bad enough the car doesnt get respect being a WRX and not an STi.

The famous conversation ender;

"oh, it's not an STi?"
Old 04-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #53
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

STi > * hahahahaha

keith... when are you going to paint your wheels different colors? apparently its all the rage.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #54
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
STi > * hahahahaha

keith... when are you going to paint your wheels different colors? apparently its all the rage.
I agree. He should totally do it one color on one side and a totally different color on the other!

"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #55
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

U see. Ppl making fun of my wheels doesn't really get me. But if everyone else did the same thing then I'd be kinda pissed. So keep making fun. But don't hate the player. Hate the game lol

Keith. Ur car looks good. I think I'll probly do the rs hood too if I go front mount. It looks clean. And if u have a fmic then the scoop serves no purpose
Old 04-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #56
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
unless of course you're rotated and have the filter near the scoop. and adding an extra 50lbs with the RS hood is a GREAT idea

Notice, Keith said he regrets it lol

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #57
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
U see. Ppl making fun of my wheels doesn't really get me. But if everyone else did the same thing then I'd be kinda pissed. So keep making fun. But don't hate the player. Hate the game lol

Keith. Ur car looks good. I think I'll probly do the rs hood too if I go front mount. It looks clean. And if u have a fmic then the scoop serves no purpose
but noone would start doing it because 4 same color wheels is actually better looking than 2 different color wheels, I know its hard to believe

I think he knows the scoop serves no purpose with a front mount...he isnt an idiot.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #58
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

I wasnt saying he was. Im saying that I like what he's done there.

And bill, i didnt know the rs hood was that much heavier, maybe id get an aftermarket job outta Carbon fiber. idk im not there yet.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #59
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
yeah it's steel whereas yours is aluminum

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #60
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
50lbs is nothing for a car making over 250hp. didnt know everyone was a race car driver on here. im sure that hood increases drag lol.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote