TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-04-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
97Turbo's 20th AE GTI: New Clutch, kinda.

After owning my '97 Spyder GST for two years, i sold it. Ever since that day i've regretted selling that car so i told myself i was going to get another one. After going through my '91 300zx it was time for another DSM. I came across a deal that seemed almost too good to be true but I thought, you only live once so i'm gonna go for it and see what happens. So monday morning bright and early I got dropped off at philly int'l to fly down to florida and pick her up. A nice 1995 GST. After an hour layover in atlanta and a short ride on a shady ass plane, i finally arrived to pick up my car. A few hours later and some deliberation with the buyer, it was finally time for me to start the 17hr car ride home. Needless to say I was a bit worried about making it home, but 17hrs driving and a day later I finally made it home it one piece with no speeding tickets and no accidents. Well here are a few pics of her and a mod list.

Blitz Stainless Steel intake filter
Injen intake pipe
Mitsubishi little 16G Turbo
Turbo XS Manual Boost Controller (basic)
SS autochrome FMIC with polished pipes and T-Clamps
HKS SSQV BOV
Road Race Engineering 2.5" to 3" downpipe
Unorthodox Under-Drive Pulley
Apexi RS 3" Exhaust (Nice mellow deep tone)
Super AFC
Walboro 255
RC 550 Injectors
Eibach Sport Springs
Engall's Extreme Camber Kit
Front and rear Strut Bars
AutoMeter Phantom Boost Gauge
Cross Drilled Front Rotors
Old 09-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

That looks to be in real good condition - was it ever re-painted?

And whats up with that strip of color on the bottom?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

nope not repainted, thats stock color on that year. Durango Copper and the strip at the bottom designates it as a turbo model. guess I should have mentioned that up top.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #4
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

its ok nobody likes my new car, im happy with it so...
Old 09-06-2007, 12:37 AM   #5
Gregory
Tri-State Addict

Member #1461

My Ride:
1998 Mitsubish Eclipse GS-T, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

that's awesome looking. how much did you pay for that. I have to say you've got some balls for flying down there to check out a car and then some more for driving that back. Way to go man. Get some more pics up.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #6
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
I like it. I'm not a big fan of the 2ga look with a front mount but that looks nice with the grill still on there. I have/had a 2ga (switched with the 2gb transformation). How much did it cost?
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:12 AM   #7
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

dont hate me when you hear. i paid $3500 for it. I realize that i was taking a big risk but it runs fabulously (new head and rebuilt block) so it was something i had to do or else i would have regretted it. it was an experience i would never give up. granted it would have been much more fun with another person but it was still something i wouldnt give up. As for the 2Ga look, i normally don't like a 2Ga front bumper either but this color just does something for me that all other colors dont do for me. I was thinking about doing a 2Gb front bumper in this color but im not sure how it will look. As for more pics, once i go and get my 30D from my house i will get some more pics up. i hope everyone likes it as much as i do
Old 09-06-2007, 03:27 AM   #8
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

Only true DSMer's are reading this thread and I hope they all like it too. Good luck with it.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
nice find... i like the color too... i'm unsure about how well the wheels flow but all in all its pretty badass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #10
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

I like it, What are your feelings on going from a convertible to a non-convertible?

Dumb ass for not changing my password.

I lied about everything. All of it. I owned some great cars because my ex wife dedicated her life to me. I treated her like total sh**, because my d**k was more important than she was! She divorced me.

I am into drugs and Motorcycles, guns and my bff Brandon and girls that look just like my mother. Pronouns: they, them. hyper-sexual narcissist.

markley02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #11
turbo4g63
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1057

My Ride:
98' 4runner

Send a message via AIM to turbo4g63
congrats on the find looks great!!!, and a great price to boot....too bad you had to buy one now, i would have sold you mine in a few months....i'm stepping it up a notch and going for an evo 8, i am still undecided whether i want white or blue yet.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxAWDdsm692 View Post
Only true DSMer's are reading this thread and I hope they all like it too. Good luck with it.
ha thanks, i hope it lives up to my expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
nice find... i like the color too... i'm unsure about how well the wheels flow but all in all its pretty badass
i agree about the wheels but at this point that is a minor detail. all things aside i really did get a great deal on this car so something as minor as wheels can wait to be changed for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markley02 View Post
I like it, What are your feelings on going from a convertible to a non-convertible?
im actually not missing the convertible as much as i thought i would. maybe its just because its getting towards the end of summer/into fall and i wouldnt be using it much anyway. plus, i've always liked this color so im really happy with what i have so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4g63 View Post
congrats on the find looks great!!!, and a great price to boot....too bad you had to buy one now, i would have sold you mine in a few months....i'm stepping it up a notch and going for an evo 8, i am still undecided whether i want white or blue yet.
thanks man. i saw in other threads that you were considering selling yours but i just couldnt wait that long to get a car as much as i would have liked to pick yours up. i dont have any doubt you'll find a good home for it. as for your choice in color on the evo. WHITE all the way. there are few color combinations that really make the blue work for me. but in the end its up to you, anyway thanks for all the compliments guys. oh and if anyone in west chester wants to do a photoshoot soon lemme know. i dont have my 30D at school with me so im lookin for someone else to take pictures. cheers.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #13
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Well I knew when i got the car that the ISC motor was gonna be replaced. I stumbled upon a new one in NC that I picked up for $20, never used. So I finally got around to installing it and now the car is being, well, retarded. I removed the tbody elbow and the battery to replace the motor. once removed and replaced, i buttoned everything back up and thats when the problems started. First the fans are on constantly at idle, secondly there was white smoke coming from under the dash on the passenger side that smelled like burning wire insulation. I dunno what the hell is wrong but im a lil scared to start it back up. Im not sure if I should just let it idle or what but this is the life of a DSM'er. someone help?!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #14
noclutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #2604

My Ride:
Black 3G Eclipse, Riced out

Is that a rebuilt 7-bolt?

Is the A/C switch on? That would keep the fans on at idle.
noclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #15
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

yea its a rebuilt 7-bolt. i didnt check the ac switch. i'll check it now and edit in a few.

SUPER EDIT: After restarting and let sit at idle for a few seconds, the fans turned off, idle at a nice 900, and no hesitation at throttle. I just got a lil gun-shy earlier so i shut her down. she's ready to rock and roll now.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #16
TrboChicsRock
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #152

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX, 2012 WRX Premium

Send a message via AIM to TrboChicsRock
I looooooove that color. I was so tempted to find a 95 GSX in that color instead of getting white.

TrboChicsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #17
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

They say that you are going to need to put the car into diagnostics mode to get your idle right. I replaced my ISC (IAC) like 4 days ago and it doesn't surge anymore but the idle isn't perfect all the time. It's supposed to be 750rpm's and it goes up to 1000rpms once in a while. Let me know if your car is doing this.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #18
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

Take some pics of your new car too. I really like it and would like to see it from different angles. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #19
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

yea i have to re-adjust the idle screw to get it down a bit but im pleased right now. after i get her washed and cleaned up i'll break out the 30D and get some nice pics.

TrboChicsRock: I think this is my favorite stock color for an eclipse/talon with the exception of maybe the dark maroon 2Gb talon and the dark red on the 2Gb talon. And i looked long and hard for a GSX in this color but i went with a GST instead. oh well! Thanks for the compliments everyone
Old 09-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #20
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

so i was reading up on dsmtuners and found someone else that had similar symptoms to mine. turns out his ecu was fried. so its not looking too good for me right now. prolly gonna be on the lookout for an eprom soon