TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > New Jersey
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

Send a message via AIM to screamingdsm
Well today the lasers gonna start "cross fingers"

Im sure to the people that know me on here, also know ive been trying to get the laser back together. It broke in feb. of last year and i kinda just gave up on it. I ended up breaking the crank in it off right on the edge of number 4 rod journal. I got lucky because the motor only had 9k on it, and nothing happen because i wasnt racing it. SO got a fresh crank polished magnafluxed and balanced assembly and got all the internals checked out. I got the motor on the stand this past sat, had it in the car sunday night, and just got it pretty much buttoned up last night ( wiring harness, ic pipes, put oil in) just going to the j yard today to pick up acouple things and get some distilled water, and put trans fluid in. Ill have some updated pics tonight, with all the goods together. I did alot of cleaning and alot of polishing to the jmfab intake manifold that sat for a year, the wastegate and what not.Heres some pics for now

Last edited by screamingdsm; 01-23-2011 at 07:07 PM.
screamingdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
stover
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3483

My Ride:
2005 MINI Cooper S

sweet.. gl
Old 09-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
blackvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2558

My Ride:
1994 mitsubishi VR4 (twin 16Gs), 1991 eagle talon tsi (hx35)

did this start? also the pics are kind of confusing. if u look at picture 1 the rest are different form it, did u mess up linking the pics lol. aite man i hope it started i rember last time i got a ride in that beast i shat my pants
Old 09-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #4
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

yeah it runs. Figured out 95% of the bugs. I got about 100 miles on the motor and its good to go. First issue was it wouldnt idle and it would shut off aka run to rich or lean idling. Figured out last night the throttle cable was to tight and it wasnt activating the idle switch womp womp lol, which was also why i couldnt select my rpm launch control. All good now, I got alittle minor oil drip from the FP oil return line that sucks ass, but thats why my work has an account with extremepsi. I really need a aem or some kind of standalone now, but this will due for now. Im just remembering all the little things I have forgotten in the past year about the car. So far i street tuned it 11.2 on the wideband 20psi its damn nasty, cant wait for 28 29 again...
Old 09-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
blackvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2558

My Ride:

haha dude thats ****ing nice, how does it feel compared to the evo? hahaha. i cant wait to get my DSM going agian. motor only lasted 35miles and the oil ring on cylinder 1 cracked ****ing everything up i just wanna replace a some more things before i put it all back together. well see what happens.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:37 PM
screamingdsm
This message has been deleted by screamingdsm.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

Haha evos no match for the laser. I went for a ride in my buddys 3 rotor 3 gen rex last night, and now i cant wait to get the gt42 on the car. His car on 14psi/pump gas is making over 600, and honestly i think theres about 1% of any car or bike that would even have a chance with that car on the street. I love horsepower
Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
dsMpower
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2682

My Ride:
90 laser nonturbo > turbo, 02 wrx sedan

Send a message via AIM to dsMpower
glad to hear she's running again.

watch out, my laser is next.

lol
dsMpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
blackvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2558

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingdsm View Post
Haha evos no match for the laser. I went for a ride in my buddys 3 rotor 3 gen rex last night, and now i cant wait to get the gt42 on the car. His car on 14psi/pump gas is making over 600, and honestly i think theres about 1% of any car or bike that would even have a chance with that car on the street. I love horsepower
thats pretty ridiculous man, you still going with the top mount 42? should be pretty friggin nasty. yo post you still roll out to the fuddruckers meet? i was up there last nite but didnt see anyone there. when is the actual meet there?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 AM   #9
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

they meet there friday and sundays, early evening like 6-11ish on friday and 8-10ish if the cops dont kick them out, we headed up to deptford k mart after we got kicked out. Yeah im definatly doing something, but i wanna get the bugs worked out first, switch cams (getting forced performance 3s or 4s, swapping out the fp2s 272/272 if anyone wants some low mileage cams) which will be good for another 20-27hp and 45-60 ft lbs of torque. I should be getting in to the 10s on this setup with the boost 28 29psi. But yeah i got some fp2s 272/272 cams for sale 390 takes em, they have about 5000 miles on them.