TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Exterior, Interior, and Electrical
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
foss
Tri-State Addict

Member #3889

My Ride:
Another gay MK3.

Send a message via AIM to foss
Roof Rack

Ok im looking to buy one of these for winter season to lug all my shizzle up to the mountain and I have no clue whats good and whats not. Anyone know what are the good brands? I think they're universal, correct me if im wrong.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
i have one for sale, check to see if the sizes of the parts are universal. if they are then you can use everything except you'll just need to get new clips made specifically for your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi View Post
Yup, indecisive little old me again... I just recently purchased this and had it on my car for about 2 weeks, then I bought a daily driver with a trunk big enough to hold my bikes, snowboards, whatever.
I modified the clips to mount under the rain gutters for a cleaner look and to allow me to use the rack with my jdm rainguards. You can use the rack as is and it will work perfectly on any GD Subaru.

this is NOT my car, but it is a picture of how the rack mounts... it goes under the rain gutters instead of coming down around the door frames... cleaner looking, wont mess up your window moldings, and allows you to use a rack along with jdm rainguards.

info on the simple modification to do this is here: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882744

Included in this complete kit are:
4 Q-Towers
4 Q-Clips modded as described above
2 48" Crossbars
1 44" Wind Fairing
2 Bike Attachments
5 Locks (4 for the rack itself, and 1 locking bike attachment)

Make a reasonable offer... I'll look into what I feel its worth used so please dont bother trying to take advantage by lowballing me. Looking for local pickup in or around Langhorne, PA.

Thanks,
Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:18 AM   #3
b18c4g
Noob-Jersey

Member #4431

My Ride:
90 EF Hatch

Thule or Yakima are make some of the best roof racks out there
b18c4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
SmokeyBandit
Tri-State Addict

Member #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by foss View Post
Ok im looking to buy one of these for winter season to lug all my shizzle up to the mountain and I have no clue whats good and whats not. Anyone know what are the good brands? I think they're universal, correct me if im wrong.
I have a Thule aftermarket one for my MK4. The rubber pads don't fit the roof well-- I plan on getting OEM soon

I would get an OEM Votex (which Thule makes) roof rack. You can get good deals on ebay, 1stvwparts.com & worldimpex.com