TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-24-2006, 02:42 AM   #1
StealthTC
Tri-State Addict

Member #1114

My Ride:
B5 A4, MKIII Supra

Send a message via AIM to StealthTC
Can Anyone Refer a Good Speeding Ticket Lawyer?

Well I just got home, got popped doing 95 in a 55, when the cop was cruising directly next to me at 85. Regardless, he told me I was clocked with his Speedo. and not a radar/laser. I got popped right by the Airport on 95 north. I have never been hit for speeding before and have a perfect driving record to courts knowledge. Can anyone put me in touch with a good ticket lawyer so I can get this thing wiped out or less fines/points?
StealthTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
x2 haha court tomarrow wish me luck
Old 01-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #3
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
I used a Micheal Burke. He's good got my 125 dropped to 85. I'll PM you his number.

New DJ community being built,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
vwcorradokid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #177

My Ride:
'11 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson, '93 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthTC
Well I just got home, got popped doing 95 in a 55, when the cop was cruising directly next to me at 85. Regardless, he told me I was clocked with his Speedo. and not a radar/laser. I got popped right by the Airport on 95 north. I have never been hit for speeding before and have a perfect driving record to courts knowledge. Can anyone put me in touch with a good ticket lawyer so I can get this thing wiped out or less fines/points?
I'm assuming it was highway patrol since it was on I-95? If I knew anyone who was in highway, I might be able to get that taken care of, but unfortunately I don't. Depending on the judge you may be able to plead guilty to a lesser charge. Depending on whether the cop shows up to court, you may be able to ask him to recommend a lighter penalty since it was a first offense.
Not sure if you know, but if he doesn't lower the speed, it's an automatic 15 day suspension for anything 31+mph over the posted speed limit according to Section 3362 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code, along with 5 points on your license and a mandatory departmental hearing.

Just be glad you didn't get the ticket I got outside of Pittsburgh. I got nailed doing 94 in a 55, my father (internal affairs in Philly) and uncle (Chief of Police in a Philly suburb) both tried to call to get it taken care of and the judge didn't want to hear it. $200 and a 15 day suspension after driving 4 1/2 hours out there and having the state trooper recommend a lower speed. Now I know why it's the 2nd highest profiting county for traffic violations in the state of Pennsylvania.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcorradokid
it's an automatic 15 day suspension for anything 31+mph over the posted speed limit according to Section 3362 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code, along with 5 points on your license and a mandatory departmental hearing.
well put it this way i was going "43.1" mph over the speed limit and i got everything dropped today in court WITHOUT an attorney all i had to do was pay a 140 fine
Old 01-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #6
vwcorradokid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #177

My Ride:
'11 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson, '93 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Unit 33
well put it this way i was going "43.1" mph over the speed limit and i got everything dropped today in court WITHOUT an attorney all i had to do was pay a 140 fine
Nice!!!...It's very possible to get things dropped, I wish I had mine dropped...I think the judge I had gotten would've given his grandmother 5-10 for J-walking. He was a prick.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:23 PM   #7
Little G
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #488

My Ride:
08 Mitsubishi Evo X

The guy i'm using for mine is my friends dad and he says he can get me out of it with only 5 over the speed limit.......He said if worse comes the worse I will just have to pay a lower fine, but no points...
Old 01-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #8
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:
08 Sienna Limited AWD, 07 John Deere riding mower, 03 Honda Pilot, 92 GSX

Send a message via AIM to 2point4DSM
Obviously, a lot of things affect the outcome here. A good attitude goes a long way in finding a nice cop, helpful judge, good lawyer, etc.

LJ, it's its good to hear things worked out for you.

Good luck to everyone.

08 Sienna, limited AWD w/ laser guided cruise control, FTMFW!

Last edited by 2point4DSM; 01-24-2006 at 06:10 PM.
2point4DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #9
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

LoL yea don't get them. Anyway since mine was such a high rate of speed the people just kept turnin me around saying get a lawyer. so I finally did and I guess I lucked out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
COMING SOON!!
Old 01-24-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Ya know...the best way to not get speeding tickets is to not speed in the first place.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:16 PM   #11
US_R33
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #958

My Ride:
COTM April 2008

my traffic attorney is great....gotten me out of a lot of stupid sh it when i was younger....and i never paid the fines until AFTER the hearing

PM me if you'd like his number

US_R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:10 PM   #12
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

My brother has a very good traffic lawyer he uses. His name is Ron Chesin.I have to find his number. He is very good. He got my brother out of a 191MPH speeding ticket on the 2001 Gumball Rally.
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:26 PM   #13
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTagTeam
My brother has a very good traffic lawyer he uses. His name is Ron Chesin.I have to find his number. He is very good. He got my brother out of a 191MPH speeding ticket on the 2001 Gumball Rally.
not to jack the thread or anything, but wtf was he driving!

good luck finding a lawyer and with your hearing
97TurboDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #14
Little G
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #488

My Ride:
08 Mitsubishi Evo X

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEJ20x
Ya know...the best way to not get speeding tickets is to not speed in the first place.
hahaha...good call
Old 01-24-2006, 08:37 PM   #15
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM
not to jack the thread or anything, but wtf was he driving!

good luck finding a lawyer and with your hearing
A Uber Modded BMW M5(the one I blew up)
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:40 PM   #16
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
damn! tough one on blowin it up though
97TurboDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:11 PM   #17
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcorradokid
I'm assuming it was highway patrol since it was on I-95? If I knew anyone who was in highway, I might be able to get that taken care of, but unfortunately I don't. Depending on the judge you may be able to plead guilty to a lesser charge. Depending on whether the cop shows up to court, you may be able to ask him to recommend a lighter penalty since it was a first offense.
Not sure if you know, but if he doesn't lower the speed, it's an automatic 15 day suspension for anything 31+mph over the posted speed limit according to Section 3362 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code, along with 5 points on your license and a mandatory departmental hearing.

Just be glad you didn't get the ticket I got outside of Pittsburgh. I got nailed doing 94 in a 55, my father (internal affairs in Philly) and uncle (Chief of Police in a Philly suburb) both tried to call to get it taken care of and the judge didn't want to hear it. $200 and a 15 day suspension after driving 4 1/2 hours out there and having the state trooper recommend a lower speed. Now I know why it's the 2nd highest profiting county for traffic violations in the state of Pennsylvania.
Just want to clear up a few things. First of all, when you go to contest a ticket in traffic court at 800 Spring Garden St. in Philly, the cop is not there. They have a designated official authorized to read the cases, not even a "prosecutor". If you still get screwed and want to appeal, that's when the actual ticketing cop has to show up. I just observed the Philly traffic court 2 weeks ago, and EVERY single person there was let go with either no ticket, a 3111 (failure to obey traffic control devices), or a ticket with no points. As was previously stated, it all depends on who you get on the bench. Finally, a 31+ is not an automatic suspension, it is a Departmental Hearing to decide whether to initiate a 15-day suspension, a driving exam, or both.
Quote:
Excessive Speeding
When a driver is convicted for speeding 31 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit, the driver will have to attend
a Departmental Hearing. The driver will receive a written notice of the specific time and location of the required hearing. The
hearing examiner will review the driving record. Upon the Department's review of the hearing file, one or both of the following
will be initiated:
1. 15 Day License Suspension
2. Special On-Road Driver's Examination
If a 15 day suspension is initiated, the driving record will show 5 points upon restoration. No points are removed if a special
driver's examination is initiated and completed.
Failure to attend this Departmental Hearing will result in a 60 day license suspension.

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Gone
2007 Infiniti G35x Sedan -

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG -
WhiteXFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:14 PM   #18
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Telling you right now 31 and over they WILL suspend it yea you have a hearing but they still suspend it, its basically a formal meeting talking about it. Trust me I went to it.

COMING SOON!!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #19
GTIivVR6
Tri-State Addict

Member #344

Send a message via AIM to GTIivVR6
they aint gonna suspend anything........ive been to philly traffic court i dont even know how many times for all kinds of crap....they do the same thing every time...you plead guilty and as long as you dont already have any points off of your license they will keep it that way as long as you pay the fine.or you can be a wise guy and try to fight the entire thing and probably get points and the fine....dont go hiring a lawyer for speeding its a waste of money
GTIivVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:11 PM   #20
Little G
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #488

My Ride:
08 Mitsubishi Evo X

Well, i got my hearing march8, hopefully my lawyer can help me out and get the points dropped.....