TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > New Jersey
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
tigasTT
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21356

My Ride:
8thgen SI

Got into an accident - Please help for a reputable body shop

Good morning everyone.. I got into an accident in I 87-S Bronx Expressway.. I really don't want to get into the details of the accident because it's making me really frustrated. For a quick summary while I was cruising at 55MPH a car on the left lane was in a rush then made a sudden right and hit my rear left bumper this is because he is tailgaiting then the car in front of him slammed his brakes. I lost control of the car and hit a pole

The question I have is. My car is a 2012 WRX SWP, a claims adjuster went to check my car and gave me an estimate of about $9,703.13 parts and labor

Do you think this is fair ?
On the report they are replacing my rear and front tail light with a "recycled" one, I really don't want that..

Any body shop you guys reccommend for Subarus ? State Farm is saying go to collision Max but I don't like that. I'm from Cherry Hill, NJ

Some pictures are attached, more to follow this afternoon with daylight pictures

tigasTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
DJI203
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #19721

If you're willing to make the trip to NJ, C&D Auto is one of the best bodyshops. If not, MAC out in Long Island. Just keep in mind, the adjuster will try to lowball you because he represents the insurance company. In NJ, it is against the law for insurance companies to tell you where to get work done. They can suggest their "recommended" shops but you have every right to choose the MOST EXPENSIVE shop. Pick a good shop and let them negotiate the reimbursement.

Click
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
for my track videos
DJI203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #3
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

Boggs Auto in Woodbury. They're the best in the area. They do all of my custom work and they don't cheap out on insurance covered repairs.

http://www.boggsauto.com/
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Yeah Boggs is really good, great facility and good guys that work there. Theyre right on rt 45 right by the dealership I used to work at. If you want a list of body shops that participate in insurance fraud Id be happy to let you know where not to go. On another note, sorry man that really sucks, love your car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
tigasTT
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21356

My Ride:
8thgen SI

Thanks for all the reply guys.
I had Haldeman Collision get my car. They have a Subaru dealership and my friend recommended them..

Please let me know if they are good or not
tigasTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

I don't know why you didn't take it to Boggs. They are the best in the area.

I'm Fishstix from 8thcivc btw. I recognize your username from that forum.
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

1. You have choice of shop. If you take it to an 'out of network' shop and they do bad work your SOL. I'm in that situation and as soon as I get my car back from the body shop I'm filing a civil suit against the other shop. State Farm was probally just suggesting a shop they guanentee to do solid work.

2. As far as OEM/new parts go. Insurance isn't obligated to go that route. I'm sure with it being such a new car you can insist on it and they won't fight too much. I paid extra on my policy for OEM only parts through Nationwide. My car just broke 10 years old so it isn't ellig for that coverage anymore so I'm sad.

3. If you are found not at failt, find out your states laws on deminished value and get what you can. You car will never be worth what it was prior to the accident. Find a good lawyer that specializes in this, they will have your car privately appraised, taken to dealers to trade estimates, ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujito View Post
I don't know why you didn't take it to Boggs. They are the best in the area.

I'm Fishstix from 8thcivc btw. I recognize your username from that forum.
Typical TST advise thread. Asks for it then does what they want anyway.

Last edited by jpalamar; 01-29-2013 at 06:00 PM.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
You can go to any shop you want. It's between the shop and State Farm if there are discrepancies in the price. I just dealt with this kind of situation on my jeep.

They told me to go to their shop, I went for an estimate. Went to a real shop and got a real estimate. They cheaped out on labor at the State Farm recommended shop.

They have their set "budget" on what they pay out but fact is (if you aren't at fault) that their customer hit your car so
If you aren't happy, they aren't done (within reason).

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

That's not a complete estimate it'll go up once it's torn down, you should get oem parts because its a 2012 and it's still early in 13. Usually State Farm writes at a low labor rate but that will get changed in a supplement once the vehicle is at the shop. Without seeing the car and the estimate I have no clue if its written fair or not but that'll be sorted out by the body shop, insurance companies aren't out to screw people they are generally fair.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
slowwdsm
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #7137

Ouch sorry man I went through something similar. Car will never be the same. That shop does not exist I looked for a long time and still got subpar work.
slowwdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #11
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowwdsm View Post
Ouch sorry man I went through something similar. Car will never be the same. That shop does not exist I looked for a long time and still got subpar work.
Are you serious? Look at the original date of the thread.