TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2019, 11:31 AM   #8301
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
I have never used FB but that doesn't sound fun. Maybe people should start promoting TST on some of these groups to get some fresh faces in here. I had a few people ask me about my TST hoodie this weekend, and told them it was an old school car forum and they looked at me funny. Damn Facebook generation.
I do wonder if the younger generation has any appetite for a forum. I mean it takes longer than 10 sec to make a post.

I feel like a revived TST would be much like Gen Coupe forums... First ten threads = "Bra, I got this stupid wheel tire combination, can I still make my frame drag and render my car useless"

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #8302
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
I do wonder if the younger generation has any appetite for a forum. I mean it takes longer than 10 sec to make a post.

I feel like a revived TST would be much like Gen Coupe forums... First ten threads = "Bra, I got this stupid wheel tire combination, can I still make my frame drag and render my car useless"
You might be right. If it is anything like how current meets in my area are, might be a ****show.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #8303
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

To ironic, I log onto to the book of faces annnddd...

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 04-30-2019, 09:48 AM   #8304
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
I have never used FB but that doesn't sound fun. Maybe people should start promoting TST on some of these groups to get some fresh faces in here. I had a few people ask me about my TST hoodie this weekend, and told them it was an old school car forum and they looked at me funny. Damn Facebook generation.
Speaking of a TST hoodie, I need to see if Bryan still has some. Got a dang stain on mine and could use a freshy.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #8305
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Endgame was pretty good. GoT was alright. Schools almost out for the summer which means flying/construction till the fall.
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:42 PM   #8306
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
Just add bags!
19k miles and I need new seat skins. The leather is cheap and wearing badly. Also have some annoying squeaking interior bits. Not super happy with the build quality.

Also might have to go back to OEM wheels since I can’t get a matched set of all seasons for it.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:34 AM   #8307
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
19k miles and I need new seat skins. The leather is cheap and wearing badly. Also have some annoying squeaking interior bits. Not super happy with the build quality.

Also might have to go back to OEM wheels since I can’t get a matched set of all seasons for it.
Its a GM, what did you expect?

Also, what tires are you looking for? Hit up Gabe from Intercity by me.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #8308
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

It’s under warranty so it will likely get fixed.

Would love another set of Conti DWS or Potenza 980AS. I have to mix front and rear which bothers me for some reason.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #8309
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:

Non matching brands is always a surprise. Like you offer a rear in this wide ass size, why would you not also offer a front for its partner?
Old 05-05-2019, 01:41 PM   #8310
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

1 year anniversary tomorrow
Old 05-09-2019, 09:44 AM   #8311
TommyBDragon
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4271

My Ride:
2018 Chevy Colorado, 02 WRX, 03 MSP #1484

Send a message via AIM to TommyBDragon
I keep seeing GM getting **** on and it makes me wonder if I choose wrong by getting a Colorado....
TommyBDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:40 AM   #8312
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Thoughts on the new BMW... I mean Supra. I keep getting those cars confused!
Old 05-13-2019, 08:44 AM   #8313
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Needs a third pedal. Looks cool and I give exactly zero ****s about it being part BMW.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:57 AM   #8314
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Needs a third pedal. Looks cool and I give exactly zero ****s about it being part BMW.
Basically my thoughts.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #8315
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

It just doesn't look like a Supra to me. It is great that they went with an I6, and I can get past the single turbo, but it still doesn't feel like a Toyota. Also no manual, the low HP numbers and high price tag just make it seem so unappealing.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #8316
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

I like how it looks. I think it is a uniqueness that gets me, I like things that are different. I am not impressed with the performance specs though. For the money I would expect more and would be hard to justify over a v8 camaro/mustang, corvette, cayman, etc. There is alot at 50 - 65k that would be interesting and for that reason I don't think it will sell well. I also don't like that it is basically a BMW for reliability concerns (No one likes changing rod/main bearings).

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 05-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #8317
Protege v2.5
Tri-State Addict

Member #7303

My Ride:
2016 Mazda 6

Its size and horsepower explains why they never turbo'd the 86. I honestly think the Lexus RC would have made more sense as the new Supra.

Last edited by Protege v2.5; 05-15-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Protege v2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #8318
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Just got a call that my Z is done (well for the season anyway). I had installed a new CM Performance 2 1/2 inch exhaust before I dropped it off at the shop for "I hate rust so my mechanics can fix it now".

List of things he did for me:
Pacesetter headers (they are cheap and they fit the best when compared to the MSA headers and the Doug thorley headers)
Rust repair under both seats.
New radiator/ complete cooling system overhaul (everything was OE and a previous owner put stop leak in it at one point so it was a gunky nightmare).
Timing Belt
New stainless steel exhaust manifold studs
New stainless steel master hardware kit.
Water pump
Full tune up
Removed some of the emission nonsense
Removed stock airbox and installed a straight pipe and cone filter.

I think a few other things too but the rust repair under the seats was the big one. I don't see too many VG30Es with headers and an exhaust so I am looking forward to hearing how this thing sounds in person, since most people just go turbo, but I think I want to keep this car simple. Maybe I'll boost it later down the line, but I just want it to be a nice weekend end cruiser that looks good.

Other plans this season: Swap out the tail lights (I have new ones that aren't cracked), possible new windshield (big ole' crack in the current one), a ducktail spoiler if I can find a good one, radio system overhaul, Possible flares (I have rear AE flares, but my friend said he would give me his ZG flares), and diagnose the speedo not working and the fuel gauge not working.

Next year we dive into the suspension and do a bit more rust repair, but for now, it is time to take the T-tops off and enjoy the car. I'll Edit in a current picture of the car from my phone in a few.

I'll get some proper pics when it is home and cleaned up.

Last edited by Bates; 05-29-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:18 AM   #8319
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

I cant remember the last time I saw a 300zx. Man I feel old when we talk about cars of my youth like they are classics now.

Anymore I start modding a car with suspension, making power is further down the list.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 05-30-2019, 09:42 AM   #8320
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
I cant remember the last time I saw a 300zx. Man I feel old when we talk about cars of my youth like they are classics now.

Anymore I start modding a car with suspension, making power is further down the list.
The exhaust was rotted away, I had to do that first lol. The car is 32 years old so it is definitely a classic, and it is in decent shape. The body is straight on it which is the big thing I cared about, and T tops don't leak. Body rust I won't deal with it anymore but thankfully this car is good. I already had about 75% of the rust fixed under the car so I am pretty happy about that.

Z31s are not common anymore as they just aren't popular, but they are just my favorite cars. The body lines are just pure 80's Japanese sex. Hopefully next season I can drop the car on some coilovers and can afford a set of Wantanbes to really make this car pop.