TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #21
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

This thread just soudns soo shady. No pics of the actual car and then wouldn't give location. Just weird.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #22
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by EklipzGSXkid View Post
Well, Hopefully you hear good news from the insurance co!!!!

The easiest way for someone to take a car is put it up on "rollers"... (It's a piece of metal that your wheels goes into, And has four wheels on the bottom of it.

Jack the car up (alarm shoulden't go off if don't right), Then throw the rollers on it. Push it anywhere you need to go, you don't need to bust the windows, Use the steering wheel, ETC. You have full 360* turning capabilities due to the ''rollers''. You'll never hear or know what happen. Everyone on this site thinks that wheels locks, Alarms, ETC are going to stop theifs. Maybe the ones who try to just bust a window and hott wire a car like it's from the 80's, But not the ones who know exactly what they want, And have done it many times.
Amen!
SiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #23
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

alarm should go off if the car is being jacked up, a good alarm has tilt sensors

just saying...

it really sucks man, and bottom line they want it they will get it
|Nikon|
Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #24
2001teg
Tri-State Addict

Member #7004

My Ride:
2001 Integra GSR/Type-R

Dont forget the old Honda key trick. I have 2 dc2 keys, 2 eg keys. 99% of the time I can open any of my friends hondas 99 and older.
2001teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #25
JSpecV03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6345

My Ride:
2006 Acura TSX,1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0, and cammed out Spec V with a blown motor.

Send a message via AIM to JSpecV03
i really hope this car is found, i used to see this car around hatfeild area all the time. totally awesome car. i really hope you find it, and i hope more they catch the people who took it.
Every Nasty Vehical Illustrates Our Useless Spending
JSpecV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #26
httrdd
Tri-State Addict

Member #15277

My Ride:
99 Black Legacy GT H6

Sux man I will keep an eye out in the Northeast for ya!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
httrdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #27
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

my condolences...

I ****ing HATE thieves.

rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #28
cupofnoodles
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14330

My Ride:
is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

i hope they die in a fire
cupofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #29
Nirvana4794
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16424

My Ride:
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

Send a message via AIM to Nirvana4794
Pa: Red 99 EM1 Si Turbo Civic STOLEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
This thread just soudns soo shady. No pics of the actual car and then wouldn't give location. Just weird.
He said he was going to post up pics later and he also stated that he is from Telford.... That's shady?
Nirvana4794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #30
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana4794 View Post
He said he was going to post up pics later and he also stated that he is from Telford.... That's shady?
Thanks! Some people just don't get it.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #31
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Bump pics added. The carbon fiber hood was not on the car at the time it was stolen. The pics aren't the best, but like I said it was a stock appearing EM1.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #32
FijiBlueFG
Tri-State Addict

Member #15206

My Ride:
2006 Civic Si

im too scared to own a honda anymore. its not worth investing money into, beacuse its only a matter of time before its stolen. The other night at work somebody stole an integra that was parked RIGHT next to me. In a busy mall parking lot, when all the stores were open. thank God they were probobly smart enough to relaize that my car had an alarm,

FijiBlueFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #33
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

I hear ya and have considered not building another, but right now I have the mind set that I won't let anyone stop me from doing what I want. I may wait until I have a garage to build another car, but I plan to build another Honda since it's what I love.

A GPS tracking device will be in any and all of my future cars, stock or modified. It looks like there are some amazing systems out there used for fleet vehicles (they give location, direction of travel and speed of vehicle, maybe more). I would have loved to have tracked it's location Wednesday morning and followed/met the police at the theives chop shop/dump site.

Steal from me once, shame on them. Steal from me twice, shame on me......

Thanks for the bumps!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #34
gotvtec?
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16013

My Ride:
2012 AUDI S4 3.0T 6SPD

Check craigslist.
Sounds like your on track to blow motor #2 already.
gotvtec? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #35
Rx7Fuel
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #13573

My Ride:
2013 Evo X

Send a message via AIM to Rx7Fuel
hopefully it turns up, a car like that should stand out. I'm around that area and I'll keep my eyes open for it
Rx7Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #36
WolfsFang
Tri-State Addict

Member #17214

My Ride:
2013 Scion FRS

hope you find your car. my friends 240sx was stolen one day. lol a few days later he found it by the train tracks with just the radio stolen. the reason they left is because he knew his tranny was going bad so he drained the fluid and when they stole it the tranny blew XD. now he has a viper alarm.

Last edited by WolfsFang; 09-30-2010 at 03:22 PM.
WolfsFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #37
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

After talking to my neighbors the car was stolen between 1am and 3am. Someone was awake all other times of the night. Of course maybe the theives were so quiet nobody would have heard them anyway. But that's the time frame.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #38
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Bump this up even though I'm sure everyone has seen it.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #39
OMG JDM
Tri-State Addict

Member #2231

another statistic. join the club.

i know you're bashing alarms and other layers of security, but they work. it's not a waste of money. keep that in mind if you do decide to drop a significant amount of money into another car. anyways, keep us updated on what happens. my red ej8 was stolen 2 years ago and it was never recovered. no signs/trace of the car/shell whatsoever. i'm still curious as to what happened to my car after it was stolen. i learned my lesson and invested a good amount of money to keep my next car (GSR integra) safe.
OMG JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #40
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Send a message via AIM to ThePrimerSuspect
Quote:
Originally Posted by EklipzGSXkid View Post
Well, Hopefully you hear good news from the insurance co!!!!

The easiest way for someone to take a car is put it up on "rollers"... (It's a piece of metal that your wheels goes into, And has four wheels on the bottom of it.

Jack the car up (alarm shoulden't go off if don't right), Then throw the rollers on it. Push it anywhere you need to go, you don't need to bust the windows, Use the steering wheel, ETC. You have full 360* turning capabilities due to the ''rollers''. You'll never hear or know what happen. Everyone on this site thinks that wheels locks, Alarms, ETC are going to stop theifs. Maybe the ones who try to just bust a window and hott wire a car like it's from the 80's, But not the ones who know exactly what they want, And have done it many times.
go jacks. amazing tool, but it would take a few people. back when i used to repo the ultimate goal was to have the car hooked and ready to roll before you knew i was there. you would be amazed how easy it actually is for no one to notice you stealing a car. it might be a long shot, but ive been recovering a lot of cars in SW philly lately. but theyre mainly stolen out of delaware county. it might be somewhere close by though. it seems a lot of people are snatching cars and leaving them in a secluded area not far from where they were taken. i guess its so if it has lojack they dont get caught with it, and just go back in a couple days and pick it up. good luck dude, but you know what the most likely scenario is at this point.
ThePrimerSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote