TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Pa: Red 99 EM1 Si Turbo Civic **RECOVERED**

UPDATE: The car has been recovered in the East Allentown/Bethlehem area. The car is completely stripped and was left laying on its roof. It is a total loss! I will post pics later.

Thanks to everyone that kept this thread at the top, spread the word or kept their eyes open. Believe it or not I am happy to know where the car is even though it will be crushed in a few short days. Any type of closure is better than wondering what happened....... It is so much easier to move on to bigger and better things.

Stolen sometime last night 9/28/2010 between 1am and 5am. I walked outside this morning at 7:30 and she was gone. Located about 45min north of Philly.

From the outside the car looked mostly stock (Carbon fiber hood was not on the car at the time it was stolen). The front grill was cut out for a front mount, 3" thermal exhaust, cross drill OEM size rotors and a 2 pillar gauge pod were all that was visually modified.

I doubt I will ever see it again, but I feel better posting knowing there is a chance.

Thanks and keep this at the top!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EM1 1.jpg (39.9 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg EM1 2.jpg (44.7 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg EM1 3.jpg (32.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg Under hood 2.jpg (58.8 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by SiMike; 10-07-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Add pictures
SiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
45 mins north of philly.. like Doylestown, Warrington area?

Its probably in Philly, Reading, or Camden by now.. but I will definitely keep my eyes peeled... thats not a car that will just blend in with other traffic. Sorry for your loss man, hopefully when it turns up its not unrepairable. Keep an eye on craigslist and ebay for your stuff, and you might even surf the honda forums too with some luck.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

No reason not to give my location, the cars gone....

Stolen from TELFORD!!!

Bright red EM1, can't miss it. No fluid in the tranny (getting ready to pull it)and it was to loud to start, so they must have put it on a rollback......

They broke into my daily driver to get to the e-break so they could push it out of the way to gain access to the EM1.

Bump this up, thank you!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
StylezTA
Tri-State Addict

Member #4984

WOW, thats alot of effort to get a car. sorry to hear man.

- 2007 CBR 1000RR
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
StylezTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
EklipzGSXkid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4554

Did you have full coverage? What did the police say about it, And how did they handle it?

Do you have a picture of the car? I woulden't be suprised if it ends up here in Hazleton. I've seen plenty stolen, cut up, stripped, stripped then deserted and burned, ETC.
EklipzGSXkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
06slow6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16493

My Ride:
is slow

check down the meadows in portrichmond... probly see ahole trying to race it down there
and im in philly so ill keep a eye out for it
06slow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
mitsuboost30
Tri-State Addict

Member #8197

My Ride:
look at the picture.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06slow6 View Post
check down the meadows in portrichmond... probly see ahole trying to race it down there
and im in philly so ill keep a eye out for it
really? you kidding me

**** is stripped out by now...
doesnt sound like an amateur that stole it while he was in the gas station.... consider it gone thats just the harsh reality! hope you have good insurance..
mitsuboost30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
06slow6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16493

My Ride:
is slow

well, 95% of the civics down there are stolen.. just tryin to give the kid some hope that the cars still out there
06slow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #9
her_srt4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #17209

My Ride:
2005 Dodge SRT4

hmm... there was a red turbo civic stolen around me not too long ago. cops found it in an abandoned barn in bally/barto area off rt100 a few weeks later completely gutted. heard whoever stole the civic from around me was pro, got past viper alarm/cut-off switches, etc. maybe something in common? well that really sucks, sorry to hear it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
her_srt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by her_srt4 View Post
hmm... there was a red turbo civic stolen around me not too long ago. cops found it in an abandoned barn in bally/barto area off rt100 a few weeks later completely gutted. heard whoever stole the civic from around me was pro, got past viper alarm/cut-off switches, etc. maybe something in common? well that really sucks, sorry to hear it.
The Red Civic Bandits are at it again!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #11
EklipzGSXkid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4554

Quote:
Originally Posted by her_srt4 View Post

It don't take a pro to do any of that anymore. A simple 2 second search and you can turn yourself into the uni-bomber if you wanted.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
2001teg
Tri-State Addict

Member #7004

My Ride:
2001 Integra GSR/Type-R

Hmm, fishy. Back when 3 of my friends cars got stolen from the montco/lansdale area everyone way saying it was someone from the telford/perkasi area. Maybe their back in action?
2001teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #13
jnr5005
Tri-State Addict

Member #14147

My Ride:
'12 Jetta TDI

I doubt he had full coverage on a '99 but let us hope. Even if he does they can still deny the claim the jerks, which they do often to save money. I had my new Zx-6r stolen last year the same way almost; phantom truck in the night. These people know what they're doing. I would start trying to forget about it, searching online for the parts and shyt is just going to drive u nuts.

*By the way I would definitely post a picture and offer a reward here just for your piece of mind. I kinda wish I had done that when my bike was stolen.

Last edited by jnr5005; 09-29-2010 at 12:32 PM.
jnr5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #14
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

The picture is not my car, but it looks just like it.

The exterior mods were:

- Cut out front grill with intercooler
- 3" Thermal exhaust
- Lowered to a moderate ride height
- 225 BFG drag radials up front
- 2 gauge pillar pod
- Cross drilled OEM size rotors
- NO OEM FOG LIGHTS as shown..... The location was cut for intercoller pipe clearance

All subtle appearance changes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EM1.jpg (22.3 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by SiMike; 09-29-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: details
Old 09-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #15
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

damn another honda gone this **** sucks...

did you have an alarm, other security features?
|Nikon|
Twitter:
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #16
EklipzGSXkid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4554

You didn't have any actual pictures of the car?

Did you have full coverage or no?

If so, I'd rather them not find it, Then have them find it and try giving it back to you as a theft-recovery.

It was probably cut up within 2hrs after it was gone.. Not trying to get you down, But it's the sad reality..

Probably looks like this now

Last edited by EklipzGSXkid; 09-29-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #17
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvicksTc View Post
damn another honda gone this **** sucks...

did you have an alarm, other security features?
It's all a waste of money IMO...... They want it they take it, end of story. I know people who had their sports bikes stolen out of a locked garage!

How often do you hear an alarm go off and investigate? Never... The only way an alarm would have helped this time would be to have waken someone up. And then the person (be it me or someone else) would have to get up out of bed and investigate to realize what's going on. Once there is two or three false alarms you brush it off as nothing.

I'm not bashing you, but alarms, kill switches, Lojack, boots can all be gotten past...

Thanks for the support and for the bump!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #18
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

ya they can all get past them but its a deterence i have multiple levels of security, and false alarms if you a brushing off that hey my alarms going off probably nothing then you really dont care...

boots, kill swithces, clubs, alarms all take time to get past the more time they are in the car the more time they have a chance to get caught....

I truly hate theives i have had **** stolen from everyone of my cars...
|Nikon|
Twitter:
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #19
SiMike
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by EklipzGSXkid View Post
You didn't have any actual pictures of the car?

Did you have full coverage or no?

If so, I'd rather them not find it, Then have them find it and try giving it back to you as a theft-recovery.

It was probably cut up within 2hrs after it was gone.. Not trying to get you down, But it's the sad reality..

Probably looks like this now

You can't get me down, I know what happens to cars when they are stolen. It's more me wanting to know who stole it than actually recovering it. I can built another car that is a lot better. I know how to do it and what direction to go. (You know the if I knew then what I know now...) Yes full coverage, but I am waiting to hear back.....

Oh yea, I have pics, but they are at home. I'll post laster today.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #20
EklipzGSXkid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4554

Well, Hopefully you hear good news from the insurance co!!!!

The easiest way for someone to take a car is put it up on "rollers"... (It's a piece of metal that your wheels goes into, And has four wheels on the bottom of it.

Jack the car up (alarm shoulden't go off if don't right), Then throw the rollers on it. Push it anywhere you need to go, you don't need to bust the windows, Use the steering wheel, ETC. You have full 360* turning capabilities due to the ''rollers''. You'll never hear or know what happen. Everyone on this site thinks that wheels locks, Alarms, ETC are going to stop theifs. Maybe the ones who try to just bust a window and hott wire a car like it's from the 80's, But not the ones who know exactly what they want, And have done it many times.