TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic > General Entertainment
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #41
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to poisonivory
a few guys do, i believe massone trains at Daddis fight camp. I am a former boxer, would love to train in MMA but I'm 28 (in a few weeks) and have a family and home priorities now. But i've always followed MMA since it came about years ago and I go to a few events when I can find the time.

But to answer your question, yes there are a few guys on here that actually do train currently. Do you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
poisonivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #42
TGilb2007
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3189

My Ride:
2006 Chevy Cobalt

Send a message via AIM to TGilb2007 Send a message via MSN to TGilb2007 Send a message via Yahoo to TGilb2007
I do not. Wrestled for a few years in HS, and since then, really decided that I did not want to be involved anymore in the sport. Massone, and I think one or two other people here, are training. One of them I think is with American Fighter, and idk about the others. But there are a couple of people here who are training for MMA.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #43
biggame
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7830

My Ride:
1995 Acura Integra: 1990 Honda CRX

Send a message via AIM to biggame
I used to, I'm 19, and I was a passenger in a s2000 when my buddy crashed it and hit a pole n parked car n now I'm jus gettin my back right then i plan to start training again, im not lookin to go pro or anything like that its jus fun, gets my mind off things. i like goin to tournaments here and there. on august 16th in atlantic City i believe, my buddy is fighting in a pretty big tournament, ill try and get more info from him on it...
biggame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #44
biggame
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7830

My Ride:

yea, I was just asking to see if anyone knew of any good local gyms at a good price for it...
Old 08-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #45
massone
Tri-State Addict

Member #2256

My Ride:
93 300zxtt, 07 Legacy gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggame View Post
I used to, I'm 19, and I was a passenger in a s2000 when my buddy crashed it and hit a pole n parked car n now I'm jus gettin my back right then i plan to start training again, im not lookin to go pro or anything like that its jus fun, gets my mind off things. i like goin to tournaments here and there. on august 16th in atlantic City i believe, my buddy is fighting in a pretty big tournament, ill try and get more info from him on it...
damn that sucks, but glad it seems that you're recovering well. I don't know what area you live in but lately there's gyms opening up everywhere, I'd say search for em and call them for prices. usually they'll let you take a free class before they give you any info on memberships and what not, so you get a workout out of it
Old 08-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #46
biggame
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7830

My Ride:

well i have a gym i train at, trainer real good and has a great backround but hes gettin expensive lol, hes real good tho...
Old 08-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #47
biggame
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7830

My Ride:

hes gettin close to 200 a month i was w him since he opened up when he only made me do 100 a month lol, funds r low, tryin to build my car not spend most of my money at a gym... u kno...
Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #48
massone
Tri-State Addict

Member #2256

My Ride:
93 300zxtt, 07 Legacy gt

yeah that's what sucks with mma's popularity rising, gyms are starting to charge more
Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #49
biggame
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7830

My Ride:

yeaa thats y im looking for a gym that charges like 150- 170ish lol but it has to b good n repuitable.. no bull**** gyms i take my **** serious i dnt wannna waste money to not improve..
Old 08-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #50
massone
Tri-State Addict

Member #2256

My Ride:
93 300zxtt, 07 Legacy gt

damn almost 200? you training at xtreme couture? lol
Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #51
biggame
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7830

My Ride:

well hes 175 but i kno it will go up soon... n the a strictly jui jitzu place around me thats also 175... so kinda not tryin to b spending more then 150...
Old 08-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #52
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Quote:
yeaa thats y im looking for a gym that charges like 150- 170ish lol but it has to b good n repuitable.. no bull**** gyms i take my **** serious i dnt wannna waste money to not improve..

depending where you live..there is a gym in the northeast called Rocco MMA (roccomma.com), its at Grant Ave and Bustleton Ave. They charge about 150 a month and offer a variety of classess. Youc an go as little or as often as you like. The owner, Adam Rocco is good all around and i have a friend that trains at his gym and loves it. I also know Eddie Alvarez who fights out of Fight Factory, which is more down toward the city. I'm not sure on their costs, but it's a very popular program as well. Then you also have Daddis Fight Camp both in philly and right over the bridge in Cherry Hill.

The cost is one of the main reasons i dont train. I have a family and a home to take care of. I can't justify paying 150-200 a month unless i'm going at LEAST 3 days a week. and I just don't have the time for that kind of committment.

Good to hear that your recovering too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #53
TGilb2007
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3189

My Ride:
2006 Chevy Cobalt

Send a message via AIM to TGilb2007 Send a message via MSN to TGilb2007 Send a message via Yahoo to TGilb2007
Quote:
Sucks about the accident.... best of luck w/ getting back into training with that.

And for me, the biggest reason I dont train is really simple. I don't make enough money. 2 jobs, all the running around I do, I just do not have the time to dedicate to train.

That, and I need to kick a couple of unhealthy habits picked up in college (drinking and smoking)
Old 08-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #54
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

haha at almost 28 i'm in the best shape of my life. I quit smoking 2 years ago and i drink MAYBE 3 times a month on a weekend or something. I eat OK, i exercise almost everyday in some form,and I also play hockey in a mens league so my stamina is awesome. I'd love to be able to train right now, I think I could do well.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #55
biggame
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7830

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonivory View Post
depending where you live..there is a gym in the northeast called Rocco MMA (roccomma.com), its at Grant Ave and Bustleton Ave. They charge about 150 a month and offer a variety of classess. Youc an go as little or as often as you like. The owner, Adam Rocco is good all around and i have a friend that trains at his gym and loves it. I also know Eddie Alvarez who fights out of Fight Factory, which is more down toward the city. I'm not sure on their costs, but it's a very popular program as well. Then you also have Daddis Fight Camp both in philly and right over the bridge in Cherry Hill.

The cost is one of the main reasons i dont train. I have a family and a home to take care of. I can't justify paying 150-200 a month unless i'm going at LEAST 3 days a week. and I just don't have the time for that kind of committment.

Good to hear that your recovering too.
Thanks, yea I have been to chyropractor (not a great speller) and couple other doctors, they estimate in a month I will be able to start lifting and trainging again... but your buddy trains with rocco? i would love to talk to him down there and here wat he has to say. yea id probly got 5 times a week again but im waiting to get outta my automotive school i graduate in 2 months then i can work full time and train in the mornings... thanks for the input bro i appriciate it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGilb2007 View Post
Sucks about the accident.... best of luck w/ getting back into training with that.

And for me, the biggest reason I dont train is really simple. I don't make enough money. 2 jobs, all the running around I do, I just do not have the time to dedicate to train.

That, and I need to kick a couple of unhealthy habits picked up in college (drinking and smoking)
Glad to hear you kicked that ****ty habbits, yea I gotta work on my stamina and flexibility again, havnt really done much since the accident, i shoulda been wearing my seatbelt im a retard lol but o well... well maybe soon you will get time if you are really intrested in training its real fun...

Quote:
haha at almost 28 i'm in the best shape of my life. I quit smoking 2 years ago and i drink MAYBE 3 times a month on a weekend or something. I eat OK, i exercise almost everyday in some form,and I also play hockey in a mens league so my stamina is awesome. I'd love to be able to train right now, I think I could do well.
Maybe you should start training then, its real fun n gets you in real great shape. where do you play mens hockey at? Ice or roller?
Old 08-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #56
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

right now i'm only playing roller at NERC, occasionally at Sportsplex.

I can't commit to 3-5 days a week training, so i would never shell out the loot to join the programs if I can't commit to it. I play hockey one day a week, all year round. I have a 6 yr old son at home (disabled at that)...so i could never put the gym time in to gain any kind of positive results.

MMA has blown up so all the complete trainging centers charge so much. But if you can afford it, and have the time to dedicate yourself, its good that you can get: Muay thai, BJJ, Grappling, Boxing, and Conditioning all under one roof.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #57
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Congrats to eddie alvarez!!

I don't where he was ranked before, but I just saw the new power rankings from CagePotato.com and Eddie is ranked #5 in the world in his weight class.

Lightweight (146-155 lbs)
1)BJ Penn
2)Takanori Gomi
3)Shinya Aoki
4)Gesias Cavalcante
5)Eddie Alvarez
6)Sean Sherk
7)(tie) Roger Huerta, Kenny Florian
8)Tatsuya Kawajiri
9)Joachim Hansen
10) Josh Thomson

That is some damn good company to be in!!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #58
biggame
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7830

My Ride:

Quote:
right now i'm only playing roller at NERC, occasionally at Sportsplex.

roof.
Reason I asked about the roller hockey is i know some ppl that play at both spots you metioned and was tryin to get back into it (roller) do you know of any teams needing a player? like i stated my back shall be good soon...
Old 08-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #59
massone
Tri-State Addict

Member #2256

My Ride:
93 300zxtt, 07 Legacy gt

awesome news about eddie, def deserves to be on that list

so I hope everybody saw the wec fight on sunday night, cuz it was pretty awesome, all fights ended in ko's except for one submission. these wec fights never seem to let me down

and tonight on the biography channel at 10pm they're premiering the biography on randy couture
Old 08-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #60
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

yea i watched the WEC Sunday night, def an awesome set! I love the WEC, those fighters are so hungry and ready for war. The Condit-Miura fight was awesome.

I may watch the Couture biography tonight if I have time.

Anyone watching the GSP vs Fitch fight card this weekend? I want to, but I'm not renting on PPV. I might try to go to Whitman Tavern to watch it and have a few beers.