TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
GoPro Hero video camera owners?

Hopefully mine is arriving tomorrow... got the GoPro HD Motorsports version. Been looking at videos shot with them, some are really cool. If you own one, post some vids you've made, or just ones that are badass.

Here's a sweet basejumping one... some really cool angles
http://vimeo.com/6825217

Team Falken Drifting shot entirely on GoPro HD cameras...
http://vimeo.com/7873495

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 03-03-2010 at 05:27 AM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #2
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

Looks like good quality. I'm looking for a great video camera soon & was just looking at the HD Motorsports HERO. Thanks for the great post!

Last edited by OutlawzPrez; 03-03-2010 at 05:39 AM.
OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
jeffroevoix
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13836

My Ride:
WW IX RS

I dont have the HD, i got mine a few months before they released the new one

Some AX action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIOvz3-_9dc

Pheasant hunt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wyy-1ZRHVc

I have some good footage of pocono in the rain, but its two long for youtube
jeffroevoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

I have the standard model too.
I managed to get a decent video ONCE.
I have to download the instructions again from their site since mine have vanished.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

I have one. The thing takes a beating. Be sure to use good quality batteries if using it outdoors in the cold. Standard Alkaline's will die in 5 minutes.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

Lots of guys have them on their bikes.
$50 if some one will break nicks fingers. i dont know how many times i can read just how cool he is.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

RWDturbo2.0 i think thats Jarod's username has one

he has a video of his exhaust on the Genesis in his members journal
|Nikon|
Twitter:
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
underpressure02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #645

Troll I got one at the PRI show this year. They had a great show special for them. I used mine up snowmobiling and mounted it to my helmet. I took the video at the lowest quality b/c I only had a 4 gig memory card. Even at the lowest quality setting the picture looked amazing. It was so clear you could see the snowflakes as I was flying down the trails at over 80 mph. I did have some wierd issues with it not turning on or off and not taking video. I contacted go pro and they said it was b/c of the memory card I was using it was not a recommened card. I got a new card but have yet to use it.

The battery lasts a few hours before it needs a recharge and this was in -10 deg weather so I am sure it will perform even better at normal temps.

I would post the vids but I don't have video editing software or even know how to edit them to make them small enough to host somewhere.

Northeast Drag Racing Club/Performance Parts Webstore
underpressure02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
That basejumping video was awesome. Wing suits FTW.
Something I might invest in down the line for AutoX and even other little bits and pieces. Definately can't beat it for the price.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
RSX Type-Slow
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5868

My Ride:
99' Civic Si

Send a message via AIM to RSX Type-Slow
i never realized the hd version took THAT good of a picture. great quality. i need one.

Dropped and swapped Civic Si
RSX Type-Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #11
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I know Zillion uses a GoPro but it might not be HD... Justinlansdale also had a similar cam..

I would love to get one for the spirited drives

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #12
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
I want one really bad, but I have other things to buy first.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #13
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I got mine for what I thought was a pretty sweet price, and then I found it for even cheaper. If anyone is kind of in the balance on price, I found it for $225 shipped from a place that has good reviews from what I've read, or I bought mine for a total of $240 after cashback from a very very helpful and good seller on eBay who I would definitely recommend.
I got it today, played with it a little bit but nothing really to shoot yet. Looking forward to putting it to use for real though.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #14
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
I got mine for what I thought was a pretty sweet price, and then I found it for even cheaper. If anyone is kind of in the balance on price, I found it for $225 shipped from a place that has good reviews from what I've read, or I bought mine for a total of $240 after cashback from a very very helpful and good seller on eBay who I would definitely recommend.
I got it today, played with it a little bit but nothing really to shoot yet. Looking forward to putting it to use for real though.
GoPro vid of the supra this beautiful weekend is a must....no if ands or buts about it haha
|Nikon|
Twitter:
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote