TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #201
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

I saw you the other day on Rt 313 by the Wawa at 113. Car looks awesome.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #202
jrtcbmw
Tri-State Addict

Member #1850

My Ride:
F250 6.0Powerstroke, E36 Project Track Car/Drift Car

Send a message via AIM to jrtcbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovXietday View Post
Natedog did the cage, price for me was $1500 which is about what I expected. Can't quote that for anyone else it's just how it worked out for me. Custom work is expensive and Nate did a great job!

As for sticking with the D, absolutely! I have so much invested in the D already I don't think I'm gonna switch anytime soon.
Second Natedog's GREAT work. He fixed my exhaust and turned a good expensive aftermarket exhaust in an AMAZING aftermarket exhaust!!

Aaron, mad props!! congrats!!! One of the only and few and nicest Hondas ever!

Ive personally seen Aaron and his dad put many many man hours into this car and see it threw its stages. Both of them did amazing jobs and did it right. congrats and amazing work to the both of you!

Jason

"I don’t fail, I succeed at finding what doesn’t work"
jrtcbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #203
civictype_r
Tri-State Addict

Member #3449

My Ride:
2004 Civic Si

Quote:
Proven, no way man. This is way too much fun.

Thanks everyone! I really do appreciate all of the compliments and support I have gotten about the car over the years. I try my best to do stuff the right way and set an example because I know how it is with the outlook on the Honda scene. So thanks.

Chris, dude, you're always welcome to tag along man. You were there at the dyno day? I didn't even see you! Anyone can come tag along really, I have never been shy to share anything with anyone!

I'm gonna try to get to the track once the weather warms up a little more, so hopefully sometime this coming month I'll start getting down there.

Lol, yeah after the first pull Vince asked me where he should let off and I told him just to go to the limiter. Hopefully Justin can get his comp fixed soon so he can get the videos up of the other side that most of you didn't see with the limiter fireballs.
Just let me know when you are thinking of going and ill be ready!!! Also do you have a clue how to adjust KPro? Maybe do some datalogs?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
civictype_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #204
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX View Post
I saw you the other day on Rt 313 by the Wawa at 113. Car looks awesome.
Thanks man! I didn't see the rex, were you in that?

Quote:
Also do you have a clue how to adjust KPro? Maybe do some datalogs?
I've never used it but I'm sure it's very similar to S300. Just need some time to snoop around the software and I could figure it out.

Thanks Jason, really man, appreciate it a ton.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #205
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

Quote:
I have never been shy to share anything with anyone!
Really? I've got this idea, it involves a blow up doll, dildo, and a doberman pincher. You in?
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #206
civictype_r
Tri-State Addict

Member #3449

My Ride:
2004 Civic Si

Quote:
Thanks man! I didn't see the rex, were you in that?

I've never used it but I'm sure it's very similar to S300. Just need some time to snoop around the software and I could figure it out.

Thanks Jason, really man, appreciate it a ton.
Thanks dude that would be a big help!!!

/
/
Old 03-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #207
civictype_r
Tri-State Addict

Member #3449

My Ride:
2004 Civic Si

Quote:
Here are the pics.

Basically what it does is it live feeds all of the information from my ECU. RPM, MPH, AFR, IAT, ECT, TPS, VTEC, etc. It can even do things like long term fuel trim, just about anything I can find in Hondata I can load up on this screen. I can also do a few different formats. Multiple values like the 2nd picture, and a single very large value like the RPM in the 3rd picture (which says 880btw, not 80 lol). Also remembers peak values and has a warning flash if you go over any parameters that you set, etc.

Friggen sweet, and it was cheap too!
I was thinking of getting one of these... How does it work with changing the different read outs??

/
/

Last edited by civictype_r; 03-29-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #208
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by civictype_r View Post
I was thinking of getting one of these... How does it work with changing the different read outs??
There are two buttons that change between the "pages" that you develop in the software for it. Its super simple to use.

Let me know when you wanna look through the software.

Brian, well, not THAT open.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #209
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Ok, quick update. First, some random pics of my bike and my daily. Just to make sure they end up here.

First, the daily.

Hawt, I know. The only thing I've done to it is swap the climate control to a 99-00... which required swapping basically the whole HVAC system behind the dash. I did it in the snow, it was pretty epic. All because I can't live without my iPod, lol.

And my bike.

94 CBR 600. Pretty much made it a REPSOL copy because they don't offer this bike in that scheme. It's my day to day fun and gas saver, not to mention it's 100x better than driving any car.

Now, onto the important stuff.

In January I picked up this.

It's a Miller Diversion 165 TIG Welder. It's something I always wanted to get into and I've been practicing as much as money allows. Stuff is expensive but it's been worth it.

My current work station. I need to build myself a new table, this thing is way too flimsy.

Here's just some practice pieces on aluminum.

And a little box holder thing...

But I'm getting tired of just making needless stuff. So now it's time to start doing some projects. I already welded all of my IC piping and remounted my intercooler. The welds are OK, I actually found it very difficult to keep it even going around round piping. Flat is much easier. Anyway, I need to build a catchcan for the Civic. I've needed one forever now, so I'm doing it myself.

Ordered all the parts.

10 AN lines, fittings, and some 1/8" sheets of 6061 Aluminum.

Today I got the VC ready to go.

All done! The welds went ok. They were more difficult than I was expecting because of how dirty the VC still was even after I prepped it, just because of how old it is. And I didn't do quite good enough of a job as I got too close to the paint sometimes and it contaminated the weld pool in a few spots. Anyway, still learning, but it'll do.

And yes, I will be repainting it and putting on a new shocker sticker. No worries.

Updates coming soon.

Quote:

Last edited by SovXietday; 04-18-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #210
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

Congrats on 400HP! Car looks clean and simple. Now, turn up that boost and make 500HP!

-Jesse
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #211
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
hmmm, may I ask why you chose the intake side for the setup you are building?

in my experience (very little lol) the exhaust side is where the oil becomes troublesome when the power goes up... any insight?

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #212
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Pretty simple, the fittings don't fit up front lol. Not enough space between the manifold and the VC.

The catch can serves a very simple function, and it is to remove as much pressure as possible from the block. With all of the boost in the engine it generates crankcase pressure which both holds back power and can damage the rings. Obviously, the job can simply be done just by blowing a few holes in the VC and calling it a day. But problem is you get oil spray, which is what the catch can's purpose is. It catches the oil and then returns it to the block. Not sure if you knew all of this or not, but I'm just explaining it anyway for those who may read this and don't.

Now, as far as the front of the block preference. That's simply because under acceleration oil is going to move towards the rear of the engine. Rear holes simply get more oil in them, that's all. But since I'll be returning oil back to the "black box" (which is actually the factory catch can) I'm not really worried about it.

Being all of what needs to be done, I might tear the engine bay apart and quick paint the bay and tidy up the wiring. I'm really getting tired of it looking like ASSSSS. Won't take me more than a week or two. Anyone who wants to hang around is welcome, haha.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #213
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Ah ok very cool. I'd be down for stopping by!

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Old 04-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #214
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

Quote:
Pretty simple, the fittings don't fit up front lol. Not enough space between the manifold and the VC.

The catch can serves a very simple function, and it is to remove as much pressure as possible from the block. With all of the boost in the engine it generates crankcase pressure which both holds back power and can damage the rings. Obviously, the job can simply be done just by blowing a few holes in the VC and calling it a day. But problem is you get oil spray, which is what the catch can's purpose is. It catches the oil and then returns it to the block. Not sure if you knew all of this or not, but I'm just explaining it anyway for those who may read this and don't.

Now, as far as the front of the block preference. That's simply because under acceleration oil is going to move towards the rear of the engine. Rear holes simply get more oil in them, that's all. But since I'll be returning oil back to the "black box" (which is actually the factory catch can) I'm not really worried about it.

Being all of what needs to be done, I might tear the engine bay apart and quick paint the bay and tidy up the wiring. I'm really getting tired of it looking like ASSSSS. Won't take me more than a week or two. Anyone who wants to hang around is welcome, haha.
O god. so will this car see the road this summer?

ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #215
justinlansdale
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4286

My Ride:
old BMW & obnoxious bike(s)

Send a message via AIM to justinlansdale
nice bike there buddy! ;-)

//
justinlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #216
jrtcbmw
Tri-State Addict

Member #1850

My Ride:
F250 6.0Powerstroke, E36 Project Track Car/Drift Car

Send a message via AIM to jrtcbmw
Quote:
Count me in!! Im always game for some wrench time!

"I don’t fail, I succeed at finding what doesn’t work"
jrtcbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #217
BigWhiteTodd
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8795

My Ride:
01 camaro

Send a message via AIM to BigWhiteTodd
is that your first time tig welding if so alot better then mine on alum haha
BigWhiteTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #218
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlansdale View Post
nice bike there buddy! ;-)
A little free advertising.

Quote:
is that your first time tig welding if so alot better then mine on alum haha
It's not my first, I've probably got a total of 10 hours of practice with aluminum. Honestly, I find aluminum to be the easiest haha. Plus the Diversion is an inverter machine which makes it even easier. My steel stuff is terrible. I mean, it'll hold, but it does not look pretty.

My fabbing ability is slowly getting better too. It's hard to imagine that even before I can weld something I may have over an hour of prep work in!

Quote:
Old 04-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #219
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

So I quick drew up what I'm trying to do in solidworks. Find the issues I'm going to have before I run into them.

The tubes up top are for filters.

And this is how far I got before I ran out of argon.

I'm going to work out mounting when I get it in the car, but it'll probably be fairly standard tabs with bolts.

Anyone know where I can get an 80cu Argon tank refilled in Quakertown or Souderton area?

Quote:
Old 04-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #220
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Wow I haven't seen solidworks in forever. I miss using it

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote: