TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

So I have a Dare on the way!

So I talked to Verizon yesterday and I have the LG Dare on its way to my house, I can't freakin wait! Anyone else getting it?

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
DropTopChevy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #242

My Ride:
2002 2.8 30V V6

Send a message via AIM to DropTopChevy
**** and I just got an AT&T plan yesterday. Why couldn't I have seen this before? I have been verizon for 4 years and I'm only switching to get an iphone.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Haha that sucks...I only found it by chance. Thank God I did though. Im still within the 30 trial period with my voyager. But only for a couple more days, so I had to call CS and have them do it because when its release in stores on the 3rd itd be too late

FRP™ #5
Old 06-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
DropTopChevy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #242

My Ride:
2002 2.8 30V V6

I just checked out the specs. I suppose I can cancel my AT&T plan before I buy the iphone. Do any verizon stores have the dare to check it out?
Old 06-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

I think most stores should have a demo, but ur going to have to ask them to see it because its not displayed yet. I went into the one in the granite run mall to play with it. According to some people its better than the iphone. Im excited.

FRP™ #5
Old 06-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
spoolinLSsol
Tri-State Addict

Member #1343

My Ride:
jdm itr

Send a message via AIM to spoolinLSsol
nothings better then the iphone, or gonna be better then the second one...everyone keeps attempting but they dont come close to the capabilities or quickness of the iphone
Old 06-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopChevy View Post
I just checked out the specs. I suppose I can cancel my AT&T plan before I buy the iphone. Do any verizon stores have the dare to check it out?
AT&T has a similar looking phone from LG. Check it out, they might be almost the same phone just different networks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"The Corvette took nearly 25 years to sell 500,000 units; the Z does it in fewer than 10."
cburwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
Nors
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2210

My Ride:
2011 VW GTI

Send a message via AIM to Nors
I got a voyager and I like it more then the iphone just because it has a full keyboard that I can flip out when I need it, instead of typing with the screen.
2002 Volkswagen GTi - Sold |1995 Honda Accord - Sold | 1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Project - Sold | 1996 Acura Integra RS - Sold
Nors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #9
OPZ
Tri-State Addict

Member #5508

My Ride:
2012 VW GTI

Ah...I want this since there's no way in hell that I'm switching to AT&T for the iphone.

Shame it would be stupid of me to get it...damnit.
OPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #10
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Verizon guy here who is planning to switch to ATT before the end of the year so I can get a new iPhone...
I'm interested to see what the Dare can do though, I havent heard of it. I feel like there will be a lot of very nice touchscreen phones available in the coming months, but the bottom line is that the iPhone is more than just a phone, and I dont feel like anyone else will be able to touch the iPhone in everything non-phone related that it can do.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #11
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nors View Post
I got a voyager and I like it more then the iphone just because it has a full keyboard that I can flip out when I need it, instead of typing with the screen.
Agreed I'm very happy with my Voyager so far.

ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #12
DoubleOughtCel
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #343

i just got the new Instinct on Sprint. i love it so far. As far as i'm concerned, it does everything i want it to do that the iphone can, and i only paid $120 for it. the navigation is awesome and has come in handy every day since i got it, and i can upload music to it from my itunes on my laptop. As far as i'm concerned, instinct = win.

http://www.instinctthephone.com/?id9=SEM
Quote:
experience > degree > blowjob > handjob > anal sex with a guy > certificate
DoubleOughtCel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nors View Post
I have one, too. I LOVE it! I'm gonna check to see if I can upgrade my phone like, halfway through my plan or whatever. I'd like to check out the Dare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Verizon guy here who is planning to switch to ATT before the end of the year so I can get a new iPhone...
I'm interested to see what the Dare can do though, I havent heard of it. I feel like there will be a lot of very nice touchscreen phones available in the coming months, but the bottom line is that the iPhone is more than just a phone, and I dont feel like anyone else will be able to touch the iPhone in everything non-phone related that it can do.
I know a few people with the iPhone. I personally don't like it. You can't send or recieve picture messages unless it's through e-mail, for one. I don't like that the keyboard is on the touch screen. I don't like AT&T's service. Pretty much, the only thing about it that I like it the internet. That wouldn't be enough for me to buy the phone though.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #14
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Yeah, I really hope that the pix messaging will be possible on the new iphone... even though I dont do a lot of it, it would be a pain in the ass every now and again.
I agree that there are a lot of great phones out there now that do everything you need them to do. I think the appeal of the iPhone to me is in addition to my needs, it does so many things that I didn't even realize I wanted it to do. The potential is endless with the new version and their open source coding, so it will be really interesting to see how far things go.
The good news all around is that every company is being pushed farther to deliver awesome phones if they want to stay in the game, and thats better for everyone.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #15
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Yeah, I really hope that the pix messaging will be possible on the new iphone... even though I dont do a lot of it, it would be a pain in the ass every now and again.
I agree that there are a lot of great phones out there now that do everything you need them to do. I think the appeal of the iPhone to me is in addition to my needs, it does so many things that I didn't even realize I wanted it to do. The potential is endless with the new version and their open source coding, so it will be really interesting to see how far things go.
The good news all around is that every company is being pushed farther to deliver awesome phones if they want to stay in the game, and thats better for everyone.
Yeah, I can't wait to see what's out by the time my plan is up.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #16
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

I don't particularly care for Verizon but that lg is a nice phone. All things considered though I am sticking with my blackjack until the Iphone gets a bit more storage space. The SDK is what really puts the iphone a step above the rest for me, the only thing I really don't like is the keyboard but whatever nothing's perfect.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #17
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

yea i am a little nervous about the fact its all touch screen and I text alot, but im hoping i get used to it. I'll definitely let everyone know how it is when I get it.

FRP™ #5
Old 06-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #18
99blazer
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6952

My Ride:
99 blazer

Please let us know because I want this or the voyager and im going towards the voyager because it has the keyboard.
99blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #19
DoubleOughtCel
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #343

the Instinct is all touch screen and its really not that bad for texting. i'll admit it does take a little getting used to, but i text a lot and i've gotten it down pretty well in the 2 days that i've had it haha. you should be good.
Quote:
experience > degree > blowjob > handjob > anal sex with a guy > certificate
DoubleOughtCel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:07 AM   #20
DropTopChevy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #242

My Ride:
2002 2.8 30V V6

I wanted a voyager but my fingers are huge and i press like 4 keys at one time.