TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
MattGTO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6220

My Ride:
2004 DriftGoat, 1992 Hebrew Hammer S13

The Hebrew Hammer S13... you all asked for it, My jewish ass is delivering.

Beware, this build thread is going to suck.....

Let me start this whole thread off by giving a HUUUUUUGE thanks to:

www.elitejdm.com

Ok, troll convinced me to do this, but not really because I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, im just using that as an excuse. I started drifting (legally) about a year and a half ago in my 2004 Pontiac GTO. I ****ing loved that car but for the sake of not smashing it up I finished up the season and began my search for a drift car.

I’m not too good at this intro **** so here’s the build. Here we have a 1992 Nissan 240SX shell I bought for $100 at the end of last summer around Septemberish. This is what it looked like...

That is one PIECE OF **** ASS 240SX right there, no? But then again as I have stated at multiple car meets, all 240's belong in the junkyard, but some of us like that junkyard feel to our cars =P.

So the car was pretty bare, I was lucky to get wheels on the car so I could at least roll it around. It only came with one door and the trunk lid, other than that, the car was completely stripped. It really took someone with dedication to see the potential in this thing.

We trailered the car all the ways from new york to its cozy new resting location in Cherry Hill, NJ. When I got it home I immediately began removing all of the unnecessary **** like the headliner, door panel, and whatever remained of the interior plastics. Due to the fact that the car was being built strictly to be drifted straight down to hell, I didnt need any of that stuff, plus it gets in the way of the roll cage that I had planned to put in.

There is my one door =P. So anyways the next day came around and I decided I wanted to roll the car into daylight to see how the frame and everything was. I probably should have checked this when I first picked it up but for 100 bucks, I would have just scrappedi t and made more if it sucked that bad.

Anyways, what I found was that my newly purchased 240sx was a haggard lump of rust. The frame rails were pretty ****ed. And by that I mean check this out...

Thats prettttttty haggard if I might say so myself. I thought about scrapping the whole project but this is about the time that Nick D’Alessio from Elite|JDM shed new light on me. He and I came up with a plan to get this car done, so before I continue this thread I need to give the worlds largest shoutout to Elite JDM. Just about every single part that you are about to see put on this car came from there. But thats besides the point, nick and I worked out a plan to get this car done. It was a feasible plan and we set the goal for how much it would cost and projected time of completion.

This renewed faith inspired me to go out and buy the rest of the body and a few fun accessories. Heres some pics for you guys that don’t like to read (I’m not hating, my ADD is too advanced for that ****).

I was even inspired to go buy some 240SX paint!... (don’t worry I end up touching all the red up.

Ok, I think that’s it for that short period of time. At this point I was feeling really antsy and I felt like I needed something a little bit more professional to wear while driving. I really needed to step my swag up.

Yeah, suit and tie is required to drive tandem so a deal popped up on those that i couldnt refuse. That was the end of a short spending spree. It was now time to get serious and save up some money for the real hardware. A red top SR20DE-T was my next goal. Of course the question was, now should I buy a ****ass motor from some ****ass JDM company that buys their ****ass motors from malaysia, or do I spend the extra coin and buy a quality motor that I can drop in and never worry about? HMM THATS A ****ING HARD DECISION NOW ISNT IT?!

Of course I decided on quality over cost and I asked Nick D’Alessio once again to set me up with the dopest SR he had. He popped the hood on a 180SX and instantly I was sold. The motor was so clean I cant even think of a haggard metaphor for it. It sat nicely in the engine bay of the 180 with a fresh 48,000KM on the motor. That is roughly 30,200 mi. the best part about this motor is that it was originally an automatic. Can you say cleanest and freshest used SR20? You cant? Well **** you than.

C’mon... that is one clean SOB. So call me a ricer but I also had to have this (courtesy of my buddy dan)...

And so the spending spree began again! This is where the build really begins to get fun.

Last edited by MattGTO; 08-05-2010 at 01:38 PM.
MattGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
MattGTO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6220

My Ride:

Now this is the fabrication section of the build. I had arranged to have my car caged out and the frame rails fixed. I was way excited about this. I sent my car out to Groundwerks Garage in Coatesville, PA to have this done. If you need a cage done I highly recommend. Thank you Brad Hettinger and Jason Crane for hooking me up with the cage.

Shortly after the car came home from the cage shop, I got a little excited and my spray paint senses were tingling..

Ok enough of that, so now that I have the car back it is time to build the rest of this bitch. What I didnt tell you thus far was that while the cage was being built I was busy spending MORE MONEYSSSSS!!!!!!! so here we go....

ISIS Straight Pipe Exhaust w/ Neil

ISIS Straight Pipe with the ISIS Intercooler piping

BC Racing BR type Coilovers:

Greddy Type RZ Blow Off Valve

This is where the Build thread gets a little tricky. I am missing A LOT of photos because my laptop is broken so I’m trying to do this right off of my facebook. I’ll try to explain this all as I put the pics up.

This is a shot of the new brake setup. These are DBA Slotted Rotors with Endless Brake pads. These brakes are for an S13 Silvia, they are slightly larger than the stock brakes. I also have SS lines. As well as the brakes you can see the ISIS tension rods and the BC coilovers. What you cannot see is the Tein inner and outer tie rods with spacer for MOAR ANGUL PLEEZORZ!

What sucks is that the brakes don’t fit in the dust shield so I still have to cut the dust shield off =\.

Here is the rear suspension, BC coilovers with the ISIS Toe Rods, ISIS Traction Arms, and ISIS Rear Upper Control Arms.

SLAMZORZ!!!!

Now, all jokes aside, if you know me at all, you definately know that I am a jew. No need for me to hide it, if you hate it STFU and GTFO because the next segment of this thread is going out to the haters. Those that I spoke of before that know about the build or just know me in general may know that this car was officially deemed “The Hebrew Hammer”!

I had to do something out of the ordinary to set this flat black 240 apart from all the other flat black 240's. so here it goes...

If you don’t like it, tell your mother, maybe she’ll care. Now that were really moving on this build thread, let me get to the most important part of them all... It’s now time to drop our SR20 into it’s cozy new nest.

Now here’s a fail picture of me wiring... I’m wearing some bro sandels and I couldnt find my wire cutters so I had to use some garden trimmers. Fail. But the wiring went well so... unfail!

So as we come to the conclusion of the build thread for the time being the car currently sits like this...

I appreciate those who were able to sit through this thread. Thanks for reading the thread and not jsut looking at the pictures. The rest of the build will be coming soon, I ran into a money problem AKA my ass is broke and unemployed. So for now I’m going to conclude this build thread so I can go downstairs and eat some french toast sticks and takes some advil to cure my hangover. Ill talk to you all soon

Feel free to ask questions and what not.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Great read, Matt. I remember you being pretty hilarious at the NJ garage meets, and it translated well here. Awesome progress!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
EliteImports
Former Vendor

Member #8542

My Ride:
1992 Nissan Silvia

Send a message via MSN to EliteImports
sweet build man!
EliteImports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
trista
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15075

My Ride:
'89 EF

Send a message via AIM to trista

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Amen. E-harmony has a monthly fee....can you believe that? If only those suckers knew about TST!
trista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
theGURU
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #16006

My Ride:
2008 STi

thats awesome Matt, looks great!

have you ran it yet?
theGURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
starkos14
Tri-State Addict

Member #663

My Ride:
97 240sx, 99 Lex GS300

Send a message via AIM to starkos14
jews for drifting...! Finally I can ask someone else to join... looks sweet matt, good build thread!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
starkos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:
1996 240sx & 1989 240sx Coupe

Send a message via AIM to thefro526
Dude, you suck at posting pics. Lemme host them for you.

240 is rad though.

GTO will always be cooler.

Love you,
Dustin.

Quote:
Also do some things with it, with fro boy's whip.
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
MattGTO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
Great read, Matt. I remember you being pretty hilarious at the NJ garage meets, and it translated well here. Awesome progress!
Haha hey man thank you it's great to hear compliments! please come out to the SA meet we could use cool people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGURU View Post
thats awesome Matt, looks great!

have you ran it yet?

no =[ unfortunately money is an issue right now and im only a couple hundred bucks from finishing it right now. i'll be sure to post a video as soon as its running though!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
MattGTO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
dude, you suck at posting pics. Lemme host them for you.

240 is rad though.

Gto will always be cooler.

Love you,
dustin.
<333333333333
Old 08-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
EliteImports
Former Vendor

Member #8542

My Ride:
1992 Nissan Silvia

Send a message via MSN to EliteImports
Quote:
Dude, you suck at posting pics. Lemme host them for you.
I wasnt gonna say anything.... thanks dustin
EliteImports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #12
MattGTO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteImports View Post
haha dude, my first build thread ever i dont usually post pics. and if i do i host them off of facebook, it jsut didnt work this time so i had to use imageshack
Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #13
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:
1996 240sx & 1989 240sx Coupe

Send a message via AIM to thefro526
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteImports View Post
I gotta keep it real.

And Bromo loves me too much to be mad at me.

Quote:
Also do some things with it, with fro boy's whip.
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
MattGTO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6220

My Ride:

Quote:
I gotta keep it real.

And Bromo loves me too much to be mad at me.
this is true.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #15
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Cool thread, had to laugh at the star on the hood. GL with finishing the build and getting your drift on.

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #16
sobigsofly
Tri-State Addict

Member #7005

My Ride:
87 Hachi,DD 98 Forester L,81 yami 650

Send a message via AIM to sobigsofly
looks good,can't wait to get out there get some practice too.
sobigsofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #17
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
mmmmmmhhhhmmmmmmmm
Old 08-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
fitftw
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15351

My Ride:
96 Miata 2,040lbs full tank, hardtop, half-cage

Wow so Jews ARE capable of manual labor/getting their hands dirty. I was born Jew. Not too many of us give a damn about working on cars. Props to you.

fitftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #19
DriftNasty180sx
Tri-State Addict

Member #2747

My Ride:
180sx- FIVESTARS

Simply Observing....
Old 08-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #20
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

1940 just sent morse code that they want their tiny imageshack linked pictures back :-O

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote