TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
codenamezephyr3
Noob-Jersey

Member #7929

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si Coupe

NJ Court

For my very first ticket i got a careless driving ticket (i believe i received this because i was excessively loud with the officer and very rude). I actually think it was a inspection check, i looked like a new driver being only 17 at the time, anyway I pleaded not guilty and tried to take it to court. The original reason the officer gave me for the ticket was that i was doing 50 in a 25, which was way to high, only because i had just turned onto the road coming out of a complete stop, and when i saw him i checked my speed it was something around 24 to 27 (i had a digital speedometer in my 86 Camry, it liked to jump). I went to my court date and waited for my name to be called, my name was never called, i went to the little window and asked about it, the lady said i had to pay the ticket or the police would be waiting with a warrant for me outside, so i paid and i took the 2 points, was there anything i could have done that day?

P.S. I learned my lesson and have never become rude or loud with an officer of the law since.
codenamezephyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

1st off don't be rude as you can see it gets you no place. When you went to court did you follow the directions on the back of your summons? You have to call the court and enter a not guilty plea and you must check in with the court officer on the day of your coourt date so they know you are there if you didn't one of those things they had no Idea you were there and that is why you were not called.