TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
R22B
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5854

My Ride:
88 Merkur XR4Ti | 92 Mazda MX3 | 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | 91 Ford Ranger89 | 89 Yamaha FZR600

Send a message via ICQ to R22B Send a message via AIM to R22B
Tar Hollow 4WD Expedition

CLICK ON PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION

June 3, 4, and 5, 2011 we will be heading up to Hancock, NY for a family-friendly weekend of camping and casual trail riding on over 20 miles of trails located on privately owned land in beautiful upstate New York. This event will be open to 100 vehicles and will offer a variety of freshly cut trails built to challenge drivers of all skill levels. This is a great event for novice drivers with stock or lightly modified vehicles.

Price: $125 for vehicle and driver * $10.00 for each passenger * $5.00 per child 12 and under
  • Limited to the first 100 vehicles to register!
  • Camping is primitive and you must take out what you bring in. Portable toilets will be available
  • Open only to licensed and insured street legal 4WD vehicles.
  • Vehicles must have front and rear recovery points. Stock vehicles are permitted, but be aware that it may be difficult to get through some trails.
  • Bring your own recovery kit, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, tools, spare parts, etc. This is not a guided trail ride. If you break you will need to have parts, tools and/or a way out. If you need to get towed there may be a charge—so come prepared!
  • There must be at least 2 vehicles in a group.
  • There will be multiple people on the same trail so must be courteous and pull over and let others pass if you are traveling slower than them.
  • No alcohol permitted.
  • Please remember that this event will be held on PRIVATE PROPERTY. Under no circumstance is anyone to trespass on this property after this event.
Friday June 3, 2011
  • 3:00PM Gates Open
  • 3:00PM-7:00PM Setup Camp
  • 8:00PM-10:00PM Night Trail Ride (Approx. 2 Hours)
Participants are welcome to arrive and start setting up camp as early as 3:00PM on Friday. There will be a nighttime trail ride starting at 8:00PM and will last approximately 2 hours. This trail ride will be fairly easy, but may be more difficult for a vehicle that is not equipped with good lighting.

Saturday June 4, 2011
  • 8:00AM-10:30AM Expedition Begins (Approx. 20 Miles)
  • 5:00PM Everyone Must Be Off Trails. Trails Will Be Swept.
  • 5:00PM-7:00PM “Garbage Can” Chicken Dinner. Free To All Participants.
  • 7:00PM-? Bon Fire, Raffle Prizes, Live Music, and “Show-Off” Obstacles
Saturday’s trail ride will consist of approximately 20 miles of marked trails. There will be difficult obstacles for vehicles that are heavily modified and there will also be “go around” trails for stock or lightly modified vehicles. All vehicles must exit the trails by 5:00PM.

Sunday June 5, 2011
  • 8:00PM-10:30AM Expedition Begins (Approx. 20 Miles)
  • 4:00PM Everyone Must Be Off Trails and Clean Up Campsite
Sunday’s trail ride will have an exit approximately half way, so if you would like to exit the trail early to clean up your campsite and head home early, you may do so. All vehicles must exit the trails by 4:00PM.

On a side note, I figured I would post this here since there are a few trail warriors on the forum. My work is putting on the event and there has been a lot of interest in it from customers and enthusiast. Its filling up really quick so I figured I'd let people know about it who don't check my works website for events. I personally won't be attending (I'll be in Wellsboro, PA at a rally!) but I'll do my best to answer anyone's questions. TROLL - if you feel this steps on any toes, please feel free to remove it.

Last edited by R22B; 03-12-2011 at 01:59 AM.
R22B is offline   Reply With Quote