TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #201
nismo300zxjdm
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23006

My Ride:
'90 Nissan 300zx NA, '90 300zx Twin Turbo, '08 Sentra Spec V

This weekend was a big step in the right direction! My buddy came over and installed the windshield, hatch and quarter glass. It's really starting to look like a car again! Once the glass was in, I finished installing all the rear trunk and hatch panels. Then I rebuilt the T-Tops. I am hoping to pick up the engine & MS3 Goldbox ECU this week.

Next up is reassembly of the doors and installing the new door glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

My Build Thread!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
nismo300zxjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #202
nismo300zxjdm
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23006

My Ride:

Started recovering the interior panels. It's slow, tedious work. I hope it turns out OK!

My Build Thread!

Old 03-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #203
mikedyk43
Noob-Jersey

Member #27224

My Ride:
92 300zx 2+2

Just wanted to say that this is a very nice project you have going. I really like the look of your taillights. Are they custom made or did you buy them?
mikedyk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #204
nismo300zxjdm
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23006

My Ride:

Thanks mikedyk43! My body shop wizard custom made the tails from a Nissan R32. He had over 40hrs of labor into them.

I finished up installing the new door glass, door gasket, handle, mirror. Next will be the driver side. Everything is going together quite nicely. I am picking up my MS3 Goldbox ECU and harness tomorrow. Engine should be done soon, and I should be getting my engine paint this week. Things are quickly coming together!

My Build Thread!

Old 03-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #205
nismo300zxjdm
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23006

My Ride:

Great service at EFI Source! The MS3 Goldbox is manufactured right in Pennsylvania about 10 miles from my house! Anyone looking for a universal standalone should definitely take a look at the Goldbox!

My Build Thread!

Old 05-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #206
nismo300zxjdm
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23006

My Ride:

I've been making some small progress with the Z. Have a few other spring projects going on at the moment.

I was able to install some gold foil tape from DEI on the hood and firewall to keep the heat out. It came out pretty good. The foil tape does not have any stretch at all and was a pain to install on the hood.

Next I need to get the steering rack modified for manual steering, and then the clutch & brake master cylinders installed along with the hard lines.

My Build Thread!

Old 08-07-2016, 09:31 PM   #207
nismo300zxjdm
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23006

My Ride:

Hey guys! Sorry for not keeping you all up to date! I made a career change and I don't sit in front of a computer all day anymore. So in the past few weeks I have made some very good progress on the car.

I put the engine back together and spray painted the block with 2K epoxy primer and 2K Titanium Metallic. Stuff works amazing! From now on that's how I am going to paint engines. It dries super hard and doesn't chip up when you tighten bolts down. Nasty stuff so make sure to use a respirator.

I Finally made a set of engine mounts for myself! Also modified the oil filter housing to accommodate -12AN fittings for the filter housing/thermostat.

Finally dropped the engine in!

I modified a Nissan Rogue manual steering rack to fit into the Z subframe. It works amazing! 255's on epoxy floors with the engine in and I can turn it with my left hand. It's tough but much easier than the Z32 steering rack with no P/S.

I found a Non-Cruise Control OEM 3spoke steering wheel center section. I couldn't be happier with how it looks!

Next I need to get the braking system in, then I can start to figure out how I am going to run the exhaust. I am going to have to run the steering shaft between the headers. Should be interesting!

My Build Thread!