TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #21
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
.......Ya ya the harness bar and powder coating it was super cheap so its in the car. And i didn't like hooking all the harness points to only 2 anchors per seat, as it was not possible to get all four to work correctly. So the rear points where the answer.

If I knew the color of retard I'd send it to you in rattle can

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #22
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Woo-hoo!

JDM STi EJ207 long block with 15k & JDM ECU is on its way!

Last edited by dangerousatom; 11-25-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #23
schaffer
Tri-State Addict

Member #16147

My Ride:
2015 Tacoma.

I hate that your beater car is something I've wanted to build for a long time.

Love it!
schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #24
VarsityDetail
Former Vendor

Member #21632

My Ride:
2005 BMW E46 M3

That looks soo sick. Nice job on the powder coating the green is perfect.

-Connor
VarsityDetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #25
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

Rear End Surgery has commenced!

The rust in the tail end of this thing is redonklious!!

Reasons for the overhaul: I have to bad rear hub barrings, and the long bolts holding the rear later links are seized so it all has to come off to swap in 07 rear hubs. I figured while Im in there take care of the un-adjustable camber and narrower rear stance. Since I installed the coilovers and front STi sedan lower control arms the front of the car is 10cm wider on each side. Now with the new adjustable lateral links this can be remedied.

Progress was slow, after not turning a single main bolt and stripping most of them due to massive rust. Its taken the past 5 hours of cutting basically all the bolts holding the rear lateral links to the hubs and to the rear cross member...OMG!! along with the trailing arms. All the bushings were shot so it made sense to just do it all at once. Everything is now off and the new Truhart Suspension bits are getting modified before install. Im installing zerk grease fittings in all the bushing tonight so i can keep things loose and the rust to a minimum. Being a daily driver and living in PA the winter here are wet and salty so grease-able bushing IMO are the way to go.

As you can see my rear backing plates where shot too!! Soo much that one of the ABS sensors is rusted fast and not coming out of the old hub.

I'll take more pics tomorrow of the progress, I think I lost 4-5 lbs of weight in rust falling off the backing plates and other areas from all the saw-zawing and hammering....??!!

Off to bed and then to the dealer for new rear lateral link hardware as my stuff is toast!

Last edited by dangerousatom; 02-24-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #26
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

Grumble!......no suspension hardware from SUBARU till tomorrow

Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #27
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

Always waiting on parts. :D
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #28
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

Well while waiting on parts from the dealer, I kept busy doing other things.....

First off I drilled and taped all the bushings for Greaseable Zerk Fittings.

Also I pulled off my Morette Headlights and cleaned the projectors along with installing red LEDs that will back light the lenses during Day Time Driving. The aluminum tape was put in because the gap in the lens was letting the red lighting bleed through around the edges of the exterior of the lens......looked bad.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #29
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

Good stuff Adam.
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #30
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

Finally got this wrapped up........

After numerous setbacks the rear end is finally finished and aligned, and this all started because of a wheel barring...? The first issue was the massive amount of rust on all the trailing and latter arm bolts, so they all had to be cut off and replaced. After removal of OEM arms that was one day of waiting on parts. The next issue was finding my backing plates to be basically rusted away to nothing, so I have to either get new plates or get new complete hubs with plates, luckily I had both options sitting in the garage. ( backing plates were bought for this car a month after I got it because I saw the bad BP then. The hubs were for my show car, as it needs new wheel barrings an all for corners ) I figures I just swap the whole hub and be done with it, well that was not as easily done as expected. After swapping the hubs and getting all the new suspension bits bolted on, I had forgotten the caliper mounts where a different spacing . So now everything has to come off again and the hubs had to be pressed apart and the backing plates swapped off the 06 hubs to 05 and older backing plates so my 03 calipers would bolt on......did I mention That was another day of waiting to have the barrings pressed apart, and them being told that would destroy them and new ones need to go in before pressing together. Luckily, I had not considered the 06 hubs where the better STi type barrings, so that was an unforeseen upgrade
All this happened 48 hours before my scheduled alignment at R/T Tuning.

I cant say i feel a ton of difference but that is more than likely due to the large suspension upgrades done to the wagon already.

A BIG THANKS to R/T Tuning and Andy for for squeezing me in the day before alignment to get the hubs pressed apart and back together!

Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
sleeperSL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8422

Send a message via AIM to sleeperSL2
Very nice update!

Kyle
sleeperSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #32
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

Progress:

Finally got around to starting multiple projects on the Wagon again......

Gauge Pod for the Drivers side of the dash

I had made one of these for my GC Wagon a few years ago and really liked the position of the 3 gauges compared to the center dash or the Pillar, so here we go again!!

Spec C Roof Scoop

Got this on ebay from a guy who drives rally's in Poland......for a steal! It was pretty filthy with green tree mold and bug guts plaster all on the under side. Few passes of lacquer thinner and it was cleaned up and ready for primer.

STi 04^ rear fender flairs

Im sick or the rust starting to form in the usual spots just above the rear bumper and quarter panel area. In addition to the rust Im slicing the rear tires on the inner fender lip, so it will be easier to flair it the pull and roll it.

...........more pic's to follow

Last edited by dangerousatom; 04-27-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #33
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
I want to see some more pics of these red LED lights! Do you have any photos of the car with them on?
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean
Khellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #34
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

My last pod in the GC8 wagon did not fit quite as tight into the dash lines as I would have liked so I molded out the A-pillar/dash area. Hopefully I will be able to get the current pod and the dash mold to marry up in a way that will a nice tight fit.....?

Old 04-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #35
sleeperSL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8422

Send a message via AIM to sleeperSL2
Looks good! Do you have any pictures of the 97 OBS before it was totaled?

Kyle
sleeperSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #36
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

Nice! very good job on the custom work!

sure!
Ej6Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #37
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej6Mike View Post
Nice! very good job on the custom work!
Thanks

Nabraska!?! That's not even near the "Tri State"

Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #38
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
Your car sucks

RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #39
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
Your car sucks
Heh...you suck till you get a new shop!

Old 05-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #40
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

After glassing the dash cast to the pod

Covered and Trimmed just before wetting

Fully wetted out.... hopefully this is on the money and it will be on to bondo?