TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #1
Racersky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1349

My Ride:
Mr. Septa Bus

Has anyone have problems with EZ-Pass?

I just got a letter in the mail with a picture of my plates saying that I went through the EZ-Pass lane without carrying an EZ-Pass device or something. It was on my way to Atlantic City where the EZ-Pass Lane is like the drive through where the speed limit is 45 MPH. How would I know if my transponder is even working properly? EZ-Pass is Penalizing me by charging me every single toll which totals up to $56.12...Has anyone ever had any type of problem like this? Cause this is just outrageous...it's not like I drove through the EZ-Pass and not pay on purpose I just didn't know my transponder was acting up.
Racersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
1gmfanatik
Tri-State Addict

Member #4040

My Ride:
07 Saab 9-3 Aero

I'd like to know this also. I'm thinking about getting E-Z Pass, and wanna make sure I know what I'm getting myself into.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote: Originally Posted by ME:
Quote:
Your car's potential is only limited by your imagination, and the size of your wallet.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
1gmfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict

Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racersky View Post
I just got a letter in the mail with a picture of my plates saying that I went through the EZ-Pass lane without carrying an EZ-Pass device or something. It was on my way to Atlantic City where the EZ-Pass Lane is like the drive through where the speed limit is 45 MPH. How would I know if my transponder is even working properly? EZ-Pass is Penalizing me by charging me every single toll which totals up to $56.12...Has anyone ever had any type of problem like this? Cause this is just outrageous...it's not like I drove through the EZ-Pass and not pay on purpose I just didn't know my transponder was acting up.
You should call them and let them know you do have ez pass and it must have been some kind of mistake, let them review your ez pass account. tell them that is non sense and you want the situation resolved immediately or you will be cancelling service along with your entire family. that usually makes them wise up.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
1gmfanatik
Tri-State Addict

Member #4040

My Ride:
07 Saab 9-3 Aero

Not tryin to thread steal but, how would I go about getting EZ Pass?

Quote: Originally Posted by ME:
Quote:
Your car's potential is only limited by your imagination, and the size of your wallet.
1gmfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
TTsupra911
Tri-State Addict

Member #2511

My Ride:
05 SRT-4

Send a message via AIM to TTsupra911
I've never had an issue with mine...

as far as getting easy pass go to the turnpike website and you should see ads/ links to it
Old 08-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
I thought you had to slow down to 15-20 mph for EZ-Pass.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #7
TTsupra911
Tri-State Addict

Member #2511

My Ride:
05 SRT-4

Send a message via AIM to TTsupra911
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEJ20x View Post
I thought you had to slow down to 15-20 mph for EZ-Pass.
not for the express lanes. On some exits there is strictly an area for EZ pass customers off to the side. Basically they go through full speed and do not have to slow down. There is only a handful of plaza's like that though in PA currently, but the AC expressway is set up like that.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #8
TrboChicsRock
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #152

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX, 2012 WRX Premium

Send a message via AIM to TrboChicsRock
If you have EZ Pass, you don't have to pay the ticket. There should be a spot on the back of the ticket where you can put your EZ Pass information and send it back in and you'll obviously just be charged for the toll.

Were you in a car with a plate number that's not on your EZ Pass account? Normally what EZ Pass does, is if you went through the toll and your transponder did not work, they run your plate through their system and see if you have an account and just charge the toll to you without sending you a ticket. I guess mistakes happen though and some slip through. I've definitely gone through a toll where it didn't register and never got a ticket. They would just charge my account for just the toll.

If that keeps happening a lot I would just call EZ Pass and have them send you a new transponder. Maybe yours just went bad.

A little known fact.. if you ever get an EZ Pass ticket and don't have EZ Pass, you can use your friends account number and just have to pay the toll, not the ticket. You're allowed to use your EZ Pass in other cars besides your own, so how are they supposed to know that you weren't driving that car?

And for the person asking about getting it.... http://ezpass.com/

TrboChicsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
mine was consistently not registering so i sent it in and they either replaced the whole unit or maybe just the battery... i dont know but i havent had a problem since.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #10
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

ive gotten so many fines last summer i was gonna shoot someone. sometimes the transponder doesnt send the signal or some bs and they take a pic of ur mug and the rear of the car and send u a bill / ticket.

i dont have the velcro on my windshield (dont ask why) and so i have to hold it up while driving thru the lane...they took one shot of me claimin i didnt have the ex pass and the pic is OF ME....HOLDING THE EZ PASS IN MY HAND AND HIGH UP NEAR THE REAR VIEW MIRROR.

last i recall all i did was call them and explain and they canceled the fine and told me to just send the $ for the toll and i was fine.....

just call em
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:43 AM   #11
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

For EZ PASS you can take your transponder into an EZ Pass station (like the one on the NJ side right before crossing the Ben Franklin bridge) and they will test it right there for you. Make sure that you have the license plater numbers of all vehicle you commonly use EZ Pass in registered with EZ Pass (you can do this right on there website if you already have EZ Pass) because when they take you car's picture, they first try to match the plate up to one in the EZ Pass database and automatically deduct the toll there if the transponder doesn't function correctly in an EZ Pass lane. It saves you the paperwork hassle.

ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #12
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Send a message via AIM to ThePrimerSuspect
mine did this. it happens when the battery dies. i forget how i rectified this, but i think if you call then they'll send you a new one or replace your battery or something
ThePrimerSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:17 AM   #13
95TurboDC2
Tri-State Addict

Member #2472

My Ride:
06 civic si

Send a message via AIM to 95TurboDC2
i had trouble with it while going through on my bike. i would go through the regular ones and then go through an express lane at mid county and it would work. ont e way home from work i would go through the express and then get off at the exit and go through the regular one and it wouldnt register. as long as i went through the regular ones it would work fine.
95TurboDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote