TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #21
gotvtec?
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16013

My Ride:
2012 AUDI S4 3.0T 6SPD

Bay area racing is where its at though any one seen their videos on youtube
Sounds like your on track to blow motor #2 already.
gotvtec? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #22
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Quoted for the truth.

The problem is that it's a lot easier to stop a bunch of kids who probably won't be armed or get violent, than it is to stop someone and risk your life.Though, in recent years it seems that the people who go to the races have gotten a bit more... "Forceful" shall we say. But, usually those people only come out when money's involved.
I agree with you but a killer or street racer shouldn't matter. Thats the assumed risk of the job. To service and protect... not just when it is safe.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #23
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

i see one of these articles atleast once a year and it only accomplishes 1 thing....makes the politicians happy cause they think they're actually getting somewhere to stop this. once again i say...goodluck.

yeah id like to see the helicopter come down onto a populated street with power wires and stuff in the way and risk hundreds of lives just to stop someone from racing...lol...funny.

this is about a big a joke as the street racing scene itself has become in the last few years. they'll never stop it so all they are doin is wasting money. they need to spend a little more time in west philly chasing Jerome with his sawed off shotgun down his pants and stop worrying about a speeding car.
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 AM   #24
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Send a message via AIM to ThePrimerSuspect
its easier to prosecute someone who was seen street racing than it is to prosecute some critter who shot up a block when "no one seen nothing." stop blaming the cops for not stopping violent crime. and if those 135 deaths were people racing and not innocent bystanders, then i, for one, dont really give a ****.
ThePrimerSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #25
VERTZX
Tri-State Addict

Member #15874

My Ride:
Whines..

Send a message via AIM to VERTZX
anyone wanna go racing tonight!? nah jk.. street racing isnt going anywhere. if philly wants to eliminate it completely(which isnt possible) they would have to make "illegal mod" laws. like cali, ride height, modified intake/exhaust nitrous etc etc etc. and pull any1 over that has any of the above. thats the only way 2 slow it down.. u get pulled over 3 times 4 an illegal mod impounded car. that would end it REAL quick. although 98% of this forum would be ticketed.. not that i agree with it, but thats how you WOULD slow it..
Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC- BLEW & SOLD
2003 Hyundai elantra, STI clone.
VERTZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #26
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrimerSuspect View Post
its easier to prosecute someone who was seen street racing than it is to prosecute some critter who shot up a block when "no one seen nothing." stop blaming the cops for not stopping violent crime. and if those 135 deaths were people racing and not innocent bystanders, then i, for one, dont really give a ****.
chill killer...no one's blaming the Police for anything..atleast not in my post. it just seems that their attention could be better served in other areas...thats all im trying to say. and ive been saying it since early 2000 when they started the "drag racing court". its a joke.
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #27
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

As lame as I think street racing is, I think there are more important things to worry about in Philadelphia...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #28
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
chill killer...no one's blaming the Police for anything..atleast not in my post. it just seems that their attention could be better served in other areas...thats all im trying to say. and ive been saying it since early 2000 when they started the "drag racing court". its a joke.
i wasnt attacking you. thats just the way i see this thread going. we all know TST needs ANOTHER cop hating thread.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #29
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL View Post
As lame as I think street racing is, I think there are more important things to worry about in Philadelphia...
you got 6 million people vs 6500 cops. id say theyre doing a pretty good job at keeping it safe.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #30
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrimerSuspect View Post
you got 6 million people vs 6500 cops. id say theyre doing a pretty good job at keeping it safe.
LOL. K... Cause that's what my post was about. Orrrrrrrr I meant that street racing isn't going to stop and there are bigger fish to fry. I have nothing but respect for cops, and being as I have cop friends, my post meant no disrespect. Thanks for playing, though.
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #31
gotvtec?
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16013

My Ride:
2012 AUDI S4 3.0T 6SPD

I think the crime rate in philly is more than ny. But then again ny has 200 cops for every 5000 ny resident or somethin like that
Sounds like your on track to blow motor #2 already.
gotvtec? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #32
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujito View Post
$300 is a lot but isn't a lot.

If they want to end street racing then take the racer's car and decimate it.
thought they did that.

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #33
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
what they need to focus on are the ****ing streets in philly... holy **** pot holes that go across the whole road...

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #34
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:
Drives on the wrong side ;) Bye RSX w/pink wheels....RIP-2003 Mazda 6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERTZX View Post
anyone wanna go racing tonight!? nah jk.. street racing isnt going anywhere. if philly wants to eliminate it completely(which isnt possible) they would have to make "illegal mod" laws. like cali, ride height, modified intake/exhaust nitrous etc etc etc. and pull any1 over that has any of the above. thats the only way 2 slow it down.. u get pulled over 3 times 4 an illegal mod impounded car. that would end it REAL quick. although 98% of this forum would be ticketed.. not that i agree with it, but thats how you WOULD slow it..
id move to a diffrent state, or get out of state tags.

But no matter what they do they cant stop it.

And cops use things like these to target areas that people hang out at, for instance, we hang out at the wawa in WC, cops drive by every half hour, sometimes their nice and stop and talk, but then sometimes their assholes and tell us to leave...then we go to wendys.

But we just hang out there, we arent racing, we arent doing burnouts, we arent drinking, we arent doing drugs. we are chillin infront of our cars in a group, eating the food of whereever we are at the time. Most of us go into wawa 2-3 times a night if we are there for a few hours.

And then when you get pulled over or something like that , or get in an accident, cops bust your balls for this and that, oh those arent the wheels that came with the car are they, oh that car is too low, oh its too loud, blah blah blah.

Try as they might they will not be able to stop it, unless they do that cali thing with the impounding of cars, and they would need to get those guns from 2f2f and arm every cop in the city with them, the ones they shoot at the car and it shuts everything down..lol

That being said, i do not race, nor do i think it is the smartest thing in the world. And if your gonnna, why the hell would you go somewhere the cops are prob ready to nail? go somewhere far far away from anyone else, get your speed, prove ur point, you have the faster car, dont crash into anyone, dont kill anyone, and its not that big of a deal IMO.
i love how all you guys actually care about the opinion of a girl when it comes to your car. if the bitch is complaining about it, rev it up and shift hard, throw her back in her seat. if she persists, just drive faster till shes scared. she'll respect it once shes afraid of it
Quote:
Driving a nice honda around is like parading a hot chick in a prison yard.
Maxxdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #35
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxdsix View Post
And cops use things like these to target areas that people hang out at, for instance, we hang out at the wawa in WC, cops drive by every half hour, sometimes their nice and stop and talk, but then sometimes their assholes and tell us to leave...then we go to wendys.

But we just hang out there, we arent racing, we arent doing burnouts, we arent drinking, we arent doing drugs. we are chillin infront of our cars in a group, eating the food of whereever we are at the time. Most of us go into wawa 2-3 times a night if we are there for a few hours.
I used to love hanging out at the Wawa in town. I'd never go there looking for a race, or even thinking about that. I take my Interceptor, hang out, BS with some friends, meet new people, make fun of all the idiot drunks from the bars, and provide Wawa with $$$ for the foods and drinks I buy. The longer I am there, the more I buy... so what's wrong with that? It pisses me off when the LEO's make the "rounds" and kick us out. I know it's not every time, but on my bike I can't ride and eat.
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #36
Proven
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1547

My Ride:
99 RS-WRX

Send a message via AIM to Proven
There's more money in giving tickets then stopping murders, I think its as simple as that.

As for this being a new story its most likely just another case of "we need some new stories, pull out some old files and lets make one". The tactics they described have been in use for years! Nothing new here and stop thinking that Philadelphia is now spending MORE money on the issue ..

Stop letting media control your thoughts, Its a business trying to keep the attention of its viewers... THAT'S IT!

Now lets all start a Tea Party from what the new's said!!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #37
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:
96 Ford Explorer Sport - 4x4

Send a message via AIM to Gabe4AFE
I personally think anyone who street races deserves to have their car crushed...

They have open nights at the track for a reason.

HELL, YOU EVEN GET A TIME SLIP WHEN YOU GOTO THE TRACK.

Lets see... Race on the street, place a bet against other racer, most likely have the other racer beat you out of money for winning.

OR goto the track, place a bet and actually get paid, AND GET A TIME SLIP.

HRMMM
Old 05-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #38
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
3X as many murders in Philly alone as street racing deaths in the entire U.S.. Maybe they should set some priorities a little better.
Just thought I'd make that point stand out a little more.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #39
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Nothing but love for Philly, but I ain't going there.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 AM   #40
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:
Drives on the wrong side ;) Bye RSX w/pink wheels....RIP-2003 Mazda 6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
I used to love hanging out at the Wawa in town. I'd never go there looking for a race, or even thinking about that. I take my Interceptor, hang out, BS with some friends, meet new people, make fun of all the idiot drunks from the bars, and provide Wawa with $$$ for the foods and drinks I buy. The longer I am there, the more I buy... so what's wrong with that? It pisses me off when the LEO's make the "rounds" and kick us out. I know it's not every time, but on my bike I can't ride and eat.
exactly, they must not realize that we spend crazy amounts of money when we're there.

Like the amount of cigs, and food that people buy when we're there is crazy.

15-30 people buying food in exchange for like 10 parking spots that are unused and out of the way seems like a pretty good ****in deal to me.

We're friends with alot of the people that work there, but when we see certain people come out and start looking around we just all get in our cars and go to wendys next door...and then we all buy wendys food, so nobody can tell us we're loitering..etc because we are eating their food, and they put picnic tables outside for their food to be eaten at.

We bring them money, they kick us out.

make sence? no, do they still do it? yes.
i love how all you guys actually care about the opinion of a girl when it comes to your car. if the bitch is complaining about it, rev it up and shift hard, throw her back in her seat. if she persists, just drive faster till shes scared. she'll respect it once shes afraid of it
Quote:
Driving a nice honda around is like parading a hot chick in a prison yard.
Maxxdsix is offline   Reply With Quote