TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
The Official 2005 Tri-State Tuners Super Meet Thread

Ok, so there has been a lot of talk about having a BIG meet in the spring/summer for ALL cars somewhere in the area. Last summer there was a WRX meet with about 100 cars and also an SRT meet with about 80 cars. With that said, there is a lot of potential for a meet with all cars. I just wanted to open a thread where everyone could throw out ideas to start heading in a direction with this.

So, first we need to find a place to do this. We should find somewhere that can accomodate 200+ cars on a weekend sometime around april/may/june. The problem that exists here is that if we are going to a desireable place, it may very well already have plenty of cars in it occupying the lot. We also will most likely need permission to have the meet. We were discussing a public park, or possibly renting out Atco/Englishtown. If we go with a park it will need a big lot, and will need to be in a spot that doesnt really fill up with other cars. BBQs, bathrooms, and fields to play some ultimate frisbee or whatever else are good too. If we go to Atco/Englishtown then there will be substantial cost involved with that, but definitely possible to cover with a maximum $10 per car fee.

Second, we need to pick a tentative date. Early spring? Late spring? Summer? Any dates we should definitely avoid? Thats all up to the group...

Third, what else do I need to be planning? What havent I thought of?

Ok, lets get the ideas flowing, and please stay on topic here...

Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #2
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
Well there is a MAJOR SRT meet being planned for Memorial Day in NY, so I would say not to have it in the month of May because many SRT owners may not be able to get off another day that month.

Also, I would have it on a sunday, that seems to work best.

I will help you with any planning needed. I am very good at this stuff!
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:41 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ok great, if its going to be as big as i'm thinking we'll need a few people putting it together. so are you thinking april or june then? and i agree about doing it on a sunday...
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 01-08-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
i think june would be great. all the youngins like me will be outa school so that wont interfere with anything. Even though you are having it on a sunday, college kids need to study (cram on sunday before the monday test). I suggest June 18th.....two days after me b-day.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #5
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

June works for me!

I want to find sponsors though! Maybe have some raffles? Help defer our costs?
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #6
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
we will most definitly have things like that. 50/50's, raffles, and hopefully we will be able to get some shops to come out. we have plenty of time
Old 01-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #7
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Yeh. So lets start the planning now, and shoot for June.

FIRST - Find a willing place which is large enough.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ok so what we need to do now is find a good location. if anyone reading this has any ideas please suggest them. are you guys still thinking that ETown would be a good spot, or do you have any ideas on a park somewhere? we should try to keep the location relatively halfway between NYC and Philly just so its somewhat central to the 'tristate'.
bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 01-08-2005, 10:51 PM   #9
WKderF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #30

My Ride:
Taste The Beast

Send a message via AIM to WKderF
ill try to find a list of all state parks in that area & see what i can find.
WKderF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:02 AM   #10
criz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5

My Ride:
2008 Subaru WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to criz Send a message via MSN to criz
maybe we can find a park by a beach or something?

it'd be cool to mix a meet up with the shore!

count me in on the comitee
criz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:35 AM   #11
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Traffic in June though....
Old 01-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #12
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Traffic in June going to the Jersey shore on the weekend is horrible. I think that we might be able to get Phila Park Racetrack's permission. It is a huge lot that some of you already know.

Toyota, Jeep, Mazda, and I think Mercedes have manufacturer test drive shows there.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #13
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

I also know of another fairground/park where there is a corvette show every year. They have probably 200-300 vette's there, and then there are probably another 300-400 cars parked looking at the vettes!

It is in Penns Park, which is Right next to Richboro/New Hope/Peddler's Village.

I will see if I can find any info on this park.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:01 PM   #14
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
I think we would need to be closer to North Jersey. Kind of in the middle of our area.
I would love to get a huge meet together though.
Maybe E-town? Get some racing done at the same time. I should be ready to run hard by then.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #15
jigga_x
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #62

Send a message via AIM to jigga_x
E-Town sounds good...I'm down to help plan. June sounds good, maybe the last Sunday in June.

Vypurr,
Did u talk to Ray or Psi Fi yet about coming out? Also Forward Motion in Delaware. They might have days that aren't good for them.

jigga_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:13 PM   #16
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

I will ask them both, but things have been pretty heated between them lately!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:19 AM   #17
impreza_rs_2004
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #57

Send a message via Yahoo to impreza_rs_2004
I'm in

Might have some other rides tag along if thats ok. The only thing is I'm out for this May getting married. . I could also look around CT if there are any spots to hold 200 to 300 cars if you want me to.
impreza_rs_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #18
impreza_rs_2004
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #57

Send a message via Yahoo to impreza_rs_2004
almost forgot

Just watch my Avatar bounce it's mezmerizing isn't it
impreza_rs_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #19
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

I can't stop looking. I think I have been watching it for 10 min!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #20
jigga_x
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #62

Send a message via AIM to jigga_x
bouncy bouncy bouncy...i forgot where i was for a minute...

Vypurr,
wat are they arguing bout now!? the AGP vs Psi-Fi thing is gettin old!!!

jigga_x is offline   Reply With Quote