TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #21
i_ride_fieroGT
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10595

My Ride:
Does not hit mivec anymore.(DD) 06 solstice 5 speed. 84 IMSA Fiero5 speed. 87 Fiero GT 5 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC View Post
Iride... spell check please.

People have been told to slow down a few times, when doing the limit, meh its annoying. I'm the city 25MPH can be too fast thought, so many kids, tight streets, people opening doors and doing rolling stops. Nobody has ever ran out to stop me. Once there was a drunk lady who almost had her life ended by my bumper. I asked what her problem she slurred, walked a few feet and tripped over the curb.

I have also told someone to slow the F down. I was cross the street at the alley (on foot) and a car did a rolling turn at the stop sign and almost took me out. He got smart with me, but didn't get out of the car. Then flew down the street about 40mph with tons a kids playing, too bad I was carrying my tool bag and it would have been fun.

I'v told people to slow down to. just yesterday some dumb punk in a camrey (of all things) was speeding through a parking lot in the oaks expo center. he was doing at least 35MPH through a crowded parking lot full of people (and a young kids train convention) Theres nothing wrong with saying it when it needs to be said, But if your doing the speed limit and there still telling you to slow down than they deserve to be told where to shove it.
i_ride_fieroGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #22
morla
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16045

My Ride:
'06 Evo SE, '99 Integra, '97 Q45

After I had gotten my car I was at our hockey rink (my dad and uncle OWN this rink, mind you). So my brother wanted to drive it for a little bit. So it was in the middle of the day and it was a pretty slow that day. So we go down near the end of the parking lot so he can open it up a bit. After we got done we drove back to the main entrance and a guy was standing there waiting for us and tried to tell us we were speeding and he had called the cops. My brother and I proceed to tell the guy that it was in an open area and that nobody was around, and that it was our rink to begin with. So a cop shows up, and what do you know it's one of the cops that does security at the rink. So the guy who tried to call us out is continuing to try and get us in trouble, but to no avail. It bothers me a lot when people tell me to slow down just because my car is loud and they think I'm speeding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
morla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #23
Chopper17
Tri-State Addict

Member #7860

My Ride:
If it dont smoke black bring it back!

Whenever I'm in a neighbor hood I try to go slow everytime to avoid hurting someone and people respect that also if I see little kids out I drive way under the limit. It's maturity to do that even then some people still yell at you. Maybe they shod just keep their kids inside safe from the world.

What really ticks me off is young kids getting diesel trucks just to "soot" or "smoke" people out. I've done it to tailgaters but when I see people doing it to innocent people on the side of the rode it just sets me off because it makes the diesel community look bad.

There was a F350 dually crew cab full of young kids whipping around my neighborhood one night so I tried to flag the kids down because my little cousins were playing in my yard and if they ran out in the rode and didn't see the truck it would have easily killed them. I found the kid later that week and I told him next time I see him doing that I would kick his ass.

I know in my truck it's a 8800lb truck lifted with big tires so I don't like to speed normally just because I know my truck can easily kill someone and can't stop like a car.
Chopper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #24
RedBowTies88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16880

My Ride:
car?

thank god for the ability to leave massive clouds of black soot all over people... jackass pedestrians do this to me all the time.

i once get yelled at by the principal at my ex girlfriends school for using the creeper gear in my f-250... that gear runs out at all of 8 mph

Nobody On This Forum Cares About Real Performance

^If you disagree prove me wrong
RedBowTies88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #25
RedBowTies88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16880

My Ride:
car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper17 View Post
Whenever I'm in a neighbor hood I try to go slow everytime to avoid hurting someone and people respect that also if I see little kids out I drive way under the limit. It's maturity to do that even then some people still yell at you. Maybe they shod just keep their kids inside safe from the world.

What really ticks me off is young kids getting diesel trucks just to "soot" or "smoke" people out. I've done it to tailgaters but when I see people doing it to innocent people on the side of the rode it just sets me off because it makes the diesel community look bad.

There was a F350 dually crew cab full of young kids whipping around my neighborhood one night so I tried to flag the kids down because my little cousins were playing in my yard and if they ran out in the rode and didn't see the truck it would have easily killed them. I found the kid later that week and I told him next time I see him doing that I would kick his ass.

I know in my truck it's a 8800lb truck lifted with big tires so I don't like to speed normally just because I know my truck can easily kill someone and can't stop like a car.
wow, kudo's to you sir never hear cummins drivers talking like that. every kid i know tried to put a f-in paper bag over their air filter just so it will smoke more.

i have a smoke tune, i user it for tailgaters or jerkoff pedestrians.. or to mess with the occasional diesel on the highway

Nobody On This Forum Cares About Real Performance

^If you disagree prove me wrong
RedBowTies88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #26
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

When I was in my car accident I had a dunkin donuts worker come out and tell the police that he recognized me as a frequent customer who is always seen speeding in and out of the parking lot... I had never been there in my life.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #27
Chopper17
Tri-State Addict

Member #7860

My Ride:
If it dont smoke black bring it back!

lol thanks I've matured alot since owning my first diesel a few years ago and the cops hate diesels already and I don't want to create anymore bad heat for our hobby. My friends just all like soot but its just unburned power. I smoke like a dam train but I try not to do everywhere I go because others don't like it and I decided to do fuel mods before bigger turbos. It's fun when messing with another diesel guru or tailgaters but not like some kids including some of mine who do it every chance they get. I hate everytime that my friends are in my truck with me they are always like " blow smoke all over these cars or black out this intersection " because if I get caught its just more bad heat and I'm the one getting a huge ticket. My buddy in his 01 cummins thinks that its so cool to always blow a **** load of smoke and used to smoke every person walking on the side of the rode till I told him to cut that **** out. Its fun to have lots of smoke but there is also a time and place to do it. I guess it's maturity and growing up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBowTies88 View Post
wow, kudo's to you sir never hear cummins drivers talking like that. every kid i know tried to put a f-in paper bag over their air filter just so it will smoke more.

i have a smoke tune, i user it for tailgaters or jerkoff pedestrians.. or to mess with the occasional diesel on the highway

Last edited by Chopper17; 12-13-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Chopper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #28
jnr5005
Tri-State Addict

Member #14147

My Ride:
'12 Jetta TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
Funny, the drug dealers just throw rocks at your car if you are speeding threw the hood
Had this happen to my trans am in the West Chester "hood" a few years back...haters. They nailed my door like 2in from my face. They all ran like girls thow when I slammed the brake and got out of the car.

I yell when the diesels fly down my g/fs st. but they prolly can't hear me anyway. It's only cuz there are little kids and cats runnin around speed limit should be 15 there imo.
jnr5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #29
92awdtsi
Tri-State Addict

Member #8248

My Ride:
92 talon tsi awd

i've only been told to slow down twice... both times by soccer/stay at home moms. I was going approx. 15mph give or take a mph or 2. I hear a loud marlboro/vodka/pbr effected scream, "YEEEOOOOOOO... SLOW THE **** DOWN" ..you know, because 3-4 yr old kids who are 2ft away from her need to hear language like that. So what do I do? I LOCK the brakes up and proceed to drive slow enough that the speedometer doesn't even read how fast im going. Meanwhile rolling my window down and thanking her for reminding me to travel at a safe speed.
92awdtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #30
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92awdtsi View Post
i've only been told to slow down twice... both times by soccer/stay at home moms. I was going approx. 15mph give or take a mph or 2. I hear a loud marlboro/vodka/pbr effected scream, "YEEEOOOOOOO... SLOW THE **** DOWN" ..you know, because 3-4 yr old kids who are 2ft away from her need to hear language like that. So what do I do? I LOCK the brakes up and proceed to drive slow enough that the speedometer doesn't even read how fast im going. Meanwhile rolling my window down and thanking her for reminding me to travel at a safe speed.
did this thank you happen to be a certain finger?

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #31
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

i had an older woman yell at me to slow down when i was in my srt-4... approaching a speed bump. Limit in the development was 15, so naturally an srt going that slow likes to gurgle and pop.

she yelled at me to slow down, i flipped her off.

next time she did it my window was down and she very rudely yelled to me to slow down and that the speed limit was 15 and i very rudely yelled back that i was doing 15.

she thought she was the shabang because she was part of the townhouse's social committee or some ****
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #32
92awdtsi
Tri-State Addict

Member #8248

My Ride:
92 talon tsi awd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott18t View Post
did this thank you happen to be a certain finger?
nope, just me speaking very loudly (still be "polite") about how I am soooo lucky that a trailer trash mom like herself was their to remind me not to break the sound barrier in a 15mph zone.

*note* there is a HUGE difference between "trailer trash" and someone who lives in a mobile home.
92awdtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #33
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
I had some lady tell me to slow down in a 35. I was doing the speed limit in 3rd gear. Sooo... I slowed down, put it in first gear, and rode first gear at around 7K (20mph?) until I was at the end of the street. She appreciated that.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #34
fitftw
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15351

My Ride:
96 Miata 2,040lbs full tank, hardtop, half-cage

hasn't happened in a while, but I do get those dirty scowls from people most of the time driving through a heavy pedestrian area. I don't know why, it's like people hate me or my car instantly. Maybe I'm imagining things.

fitftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #35
92accordex
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15702

My Ride:
euryoo

Haha, i love when people just walk through and cross the street in front of oncoming traffic and they think nothing is wrong. Also one day i was driving in my neighborhood and a guy in a big lifted truck was reversing out and he wasn't looking where he was driving, so instead of me getting hit i went around him, still going like 15 in a 25 and he yells to me slow down as he's flying out of his driveway in reverse..love people
92accordex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:45 AM   #36
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:
MK5 TDI Cup Edition Jetta, MK5 GLI

When I had my avenger I used to pick up a bunch of my friends and I wold be doing 30 in a 25 (not the biggest deal) and this b**** would curse at me telling me to slow down or never drive through there again. I'm thinking I'm not really doing much harm so one day I purposely pissed her off by flying by her house. Then again, I made some stupid decisions back then 2 years ago and I haven't been back in forever

IG: @mike_perfectstance
Sublime1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:47 AM   #37
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:

Another instance, way before I could drive, I remember being with my dad and we were merging onto 95 (near Bristol) and some guy in a truck flies down the other lane and flips us off for absolutely no reason

Old 12-14-2010, 12:50 AM   #38
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Had a couple of ignorant individuals yell "Why'd you put that **** (hood scoop & wing, both stock mind you) on ya car homie that **** looks stupid" just had to smile at them that they said that about a stock car lol. Idiots...Also had someone yell at me for "speeding" through Reading....i was around2 k in 2nd gear ...you figure out how fast i was going....slammed on the Brembos, threw it in reverse, drove back to the lady that said it, window came down, leaned out, then yelled at the top of my lunges "Hows it taste mother****er!?!?!?" (From chappelles show "Samuel Jackson beer skit"). Still laughing to this day about the face she had lol

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #39
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:

Also in my avenger, during the winter, I was driving hartboro rd and a group of young kids threw a huge ball of snow mixed with ice at my car. I was like WTF and I'm driving away debating if I should turn back while watching them in my rear view mirror. I stop in the road and turn around and the kids booked it int the park. I basically cornered them from every angel and eventually got out. Just tried to scare them a bit. They ran away. Seriously thought it put a dent in my car. Hard impact

Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #40
05suby
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5738

My Ride:
2005 WRX

some dude in my neighborhood always yelled at me because my car was loud so he thought i was speeding. the limit is 25 and i would be around maybe 15-20 everytime i passed his house. so one time he jumped out in front of my car and proceeded to yell at me. i told him to walk his ass 5 ft away and look at the speed limit sign on his property that said 25mph. i said when you see me anywhere near that then you can ****ing yell. he kept trying to say it was 15mph. so i told him to go **** himself since he is always speeding in the neighborhood and runs stops signs. a week later he did it again so me being a young smart ass, i let the tires spin right in front of his house around 3am. never heard **** from him again. he only gave me dirty looks and got pissed when his kids and wife would wave to me because they liked both of my cars. thank god that asshole moved.
WFCrew #231
Form > Function
Static > Bagged

....GO
R.I.P. Sherwood "No Home"
05suby is offline   Reply With Quote