TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #141
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Ahh the cost penalty of hitting 1.6g's :D

Looks amazing like always, really love your car. What was your top speed at this recent event? Is it the 126.5 from the screenshot?
Yeah, gotta pay to play...

That was probably my top speed, I didn't check every lap in the logger.

I chatted with a guy with the DSC tuner on his GT350 at autocross yesterday. Dangerous conversation
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:42 PM   #142
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Yeah, gotta pay to play...

That was probably my top speed, I didn't check every lap in the logger.

I chatted with a guy with the DSC tuner on his GT350 at autocross yesterday. Dangerous conversation
That's a nice run!

Uh oh, what'd he tell you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:50 AM   #143
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Essentially "blah blah blah, makes the car faster and more comfortable, blah blah blah"
Old 06-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #144
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Some of the 'murica action from A Street this weekend at Pocono. I finished up second in AS behind Simmons thanks to a lot of cone trouble for other drivers on Saturday. Heck, I wasn't a very clean driver either this weekend, here's my dirty Saturday & Sunday runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeziIBnU-E8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhNRAcsd6NA
Old 06-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #145
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Some of the 'murica action from A Street this weekend at Pocono. I finished up second in AS behind Simmons thanks to a lot of cone trouble for other drivers on Saturday. Heck, I wasn't a very clean driver either this weekend, here's my dirty Saturday & Sunday runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeziIBnU-E8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhNRAcsd6NA

I tend not to watch drivers videos but I always enjoy yours. Great driving!

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-19-2018, 07:56 PM   #146
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Haha, thanks! Glad it's worth a watch! I try
Old 06-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #147
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

I know its late but congrats on the finger lakes win.

I had a blast at both Pocono and fingerlakes and noticed you were fast at both. That mustang is awesome. My work assignment ran into your heat a little and I have to say that you were the only person I saw take the "box" (or whatever its called) on the back stretch on Saturday the way I thought it should be. I knew that it was possible to keep your speed up and just kinda poke threw it but I just couldn't do it. To bad you couldn't catch that Simmons guy.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #148
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
I know its late but congrats on the finger lakes win.

I had a blast at both Pocono and fingerlakes and noticed you were fast at both. That mustang is awesome. My work assignment ran into your heat a little and I have to say that you were the only person I saw take the "box" (or whatever its called) on the back stretch on Saturday the way I thought it should be. I knew that it was possible to keep your speed up and just kinda poke threw it but I just couldn't do it. To bad you couldn't catch that Simmons guy.
Thanks dude!

Yeah I'm not sure what to call that, we were calling it the wiggle or the chicago box or the drive-thru... Whatever it was, I had a blast there. Track experience definitely helped judging the braking and nailing the heel-toe.

On Saturday you were hitting all of the cones in the walloms, Sunday you were cleaner and were you really getting away with zero braking for the box thing? I didn't see brake lights

lol that Simmons guy.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #149
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
Thanks dude!

Yeah I'm not sure what to call that, we were calling it the wiggle or the chicago box or the drive-thru... Whatever it was, I had a blast there. Track experience definitely helped judging the braking and nailing the heel-toe.

On Saturday you were hitting all of the cones in the walloms, Sunday you were cleaner and were you really getting away with zero braking for the box thing? I didn't see brake lights

lol that Simmons guy.
On Saturday, I pretty much completely misread the box and kept trying to go much faster than I should've killing my slalom. Watching your video looks like I had the approach all wrong as well. I was attempting a quick left>right>left turn. You seemed to approach at an angle where all you needed was a right>left

Sunday, Just a quick let off for the box. My sunday times were slow because of a lack of third gear.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #150
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Had fun in the rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95bSE-br2A0

Dried up and I went 7 seconds faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEhSlzgJf3I
Old 10-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #151
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Autocross fun yesterday. Ran my street wheels/tires (R-spec 6GR wheels with Hankook RS4s) so I ran CAM-C class instead of AS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c07U_XdLts

Shared the car with a friend of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAG9e4fad1o

I made a stupid cold tire mistake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIbTe5xCXlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sItfchhryIw
Old 11-29-2018, 11:31 PM   #152
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Always wanted to take a pic like this...

Old 12-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #153
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

^^ awesome, I bet it sounded amazing too

/
/
/
/
/