TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
sfd
Tri-State Addict

Member #405

My Ride:
2014 Jeep Cherokee

New Jeep Cherokee

A3 is gone. Bring on the Jeep. Picked up a new Jeep Cherokee. White on Black Leather.

Will get more pictures later. In a rush today and snapped these really quickly at the dealership. The interior is insanely nice. It murders my A3 and honestly rivals what other premium brands are doing. Jeep got this one right from a design perspective. I know the whole XJ vs KL naming and function is still up for grabs but the Trailhawk version has proven it can be a point and shoot off roader. Honestly, once you look at the front in person it looks much better than pictures.

I got the Luxury Package (Bi-Xenon HIDs, Nappa Leather, Cooled Seats, Power lift gate), Panoramic Moon Roof which is awesome, Navigation/Unconnect which is a fairly nice system, V6, Active Drive II (adds a low range), and ADII adds the factory off road suspension from the Trailhawk. Gives it about an inch lift. Comes standard with Heated Seats and Steering Wheel, Backup Camera, power seat, mirrors, memory settings, etc etc etc. It's a Grand Cherokee Overland feature wise.

It does not have the most massive rear cargo area but it is functional and the seats can be slid forward and folded flat which immediately expands the space.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Congrats on the purchase but I have to say its not my cup of tea. I feel like Jeep had the best design with the 09 SRT8 body style and theyve just been getting further away from that as they go. I really dont like the grille and headlights.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
Does look better in person. Congrats
Old 12-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
ghostRS
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14983

My Ride:
1997 Buick Regal GS (GSX Clone)

Ive loved them since i saw the concept model. Good buy.
ghostRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
Steve-Oh
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #25806

Really starting to like these. I hated them when first released but they've grown on me. Congrats on the buy!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
Mosheh1am
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #22648

My Ride:
2004 Infiniti G35

It still looks a bit awkward but not as bad as I initially thought.

Good upgrade
1994 Volkswagen Jetta-
2004 Infiniti G35 6MT-
Mosheh1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

Sorry but I cringe every time I see one of those on the road. Its just the headlights that I dont like. I'd rather be homo and drive an evoque...

Anyway Gratz on the purchase... It looks good on the inside...
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #8
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
I don't like the looks of these at all. But to each their own.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
JST2KWIK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6855

My Ride:
2021 Ram TRX, 2014 Camaro Z/28, 2017 Shelby GT350, 1991 Mercedes 350SDL

Drove a trailhawk a week or two ago and was impressed. Front end looks much better in person than in pictures. It definitiely is NOT photogenic. Congrats and good luck with it
JST2KWIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

My friend just picked up the exact car. I love it! I had a white XJ so im biased. She showed me all the electronic bells and whistles too, which all worked well. My mom is going to trade her CRV in for one, but shes biased too, since I got my XJ from her!

Are these turbo or NA?

They are FWD 4x4 right?
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

Do not want.

Already defending the front end? You're in early stages of denial
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
sfd
Tri-State Addict

Member #405

My Ride:
2014 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
My friend just picked up the exact car. I love it! I had a white XJ so im biased. She showed me all the electronic bells and whistles too, which all worked well. My mom is going to trade her CRV in for one, but shes biased too, since I got my XJ from her!

Are these turbo or NA?

They are FWD 4x4 right?
Yea the amount of tech they pumped into these is crazy. The interior is outstanding. I recently had a 2013 Audi Allroad as a renter loaded up and I'd easily put this interior on par with it or better with most of your 40-60k luxury car interiors. This is as Jeep pointed out, everything from the GC or same materials.

They are N/A. There is a tigershark i4 with 184 HP. I opted for the Pentastar V6. It is the same as the 3.6 found in all the other Chrysler products but the bore on this is only 3.2. Good for 271HP and 239tq. So far reviews are the i4 is not worth the gas savings unless you're also getting a FWD model.

They can be purchased in FWD or 4x4 that is FWD bias unless power is needed at the rear or certain wheel. There are 3 systems. Active Drive I is a one speed PTU. ADII adds a low range and hill descent. Active Drive Lock on the trailhawk adds a rear e-locker, hill climb mode, and a rock crawl mode. I got ADII for the low range as it also adds a 1inch lift factory off road suspension. I also wanted a low range for snow/mud.

You can select a terrain setting as well. There is a sport mode that creates a 30/70 front to rear split for a more RWD bias feel. The other modes split the torque or manage braking as needed (such as snow starting in second gear and forcing a more 50/50 split).

The design is polarizing. I was one of the biggest critics when they first launched photos. But it grows on you. The Trailhawk is the better looking of the two but you can't get the Xenon HIDs or Cooled Seats on the TH; two features I really wanted. I would have considered a GC Limited with the same features but to spec out a Limited to match the KL Limited the price premium is almost $10,000 unless you buy used.

There's always going to be people who dislike how a car looks or love it. Especially something so dramatic like this especially with a nameplate of the XJ where the design is so classic and well known. You can't hear the word Cherokee and not think a boxy green Jeep plowing through whatever mother nature put in its way.

When the weather clears up I'll take more photos.

Last edited by sfd; 12-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.
sfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:
Zenki S14 - Sold the SRT4

I kinda dig the front end, black vinyl around the chrome would make it look mean as ****.

no thread for current s2000.
mr_eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
sfd
Tri-State Addict

Member #405

My Ride:
2014 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_eh View Post
I kinda dig the front end, black vinyl around the chrome would make it look mean as ****.
Yea the Trailhawk muted the chrome trim to a grey color like the orignial GC Trailhawk. So all window trim, grill trim, roof rails, etc. get a flat grey applied. It's def better looking than the chrome trim but something that can be changed. Someone posted a picture of a Silver TH next to a Silver Limited.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #15
sfd
Tri-State Addict

Member #405

My Ride:
2014 Jeep Cherokee

More Iphone pics of the Jeep. Eventually I will get out the real camera. It's super dirty because Jeep and with the weather/putting it to use for all the holiday travel haven't had time to clean it. The center screen for the cluster has a configurable screen. Can show all kinds of info. The moon roof's glass only opens in the front and not the full length. They did this because the Trailhawk will have a skyview soft top like the Liberty and Wrangler next year. The leather is the upgraded, premium Nappa perforated. To be honest, it's really soft and really nice but 90% of people will love the regular leather in the Trailhawk or the leather trimmed cloth in the lower models. There is no straight cloth option yet. Next year the Trailhawk gets one.

Rear hatch area. The rear seats slide forward another 6 inches (and still can be 60/40 split so only one side can slide if needed). The left side has a bar to mount all kinds of Mopar accessories. I plan to get the cooler. There's a tray underneath the rear cover with more storage and then beneath that is the spare.

Tried to get the full roof but it's tough. No good angles. I love the roof. It makes the car sooooooo much brighter.

Interior. I waited to get black. There's brown, black/silver, and a blue/brown. There's a dial next to the shifter to control the 4wd. Car is normally in FWD and literally disconnects the entire rear so there is no parasitic loss. It'll shift power to the rear when it slips. You then have Snow, Sport, and Sand/Mud mode. Low gear and Hill descent as well.

As I said has a factory 1inch lift with off road suspension. Jeep hasn't really clarified what that means except we know most of the hardware is a little more heavy duty and assume the shocks may be different. Luxury packages adds Bi-Xenon HIDs. The fog lights need matching bulbs. The top light housing is the turn signals and the LED DRLs.

Last edited by sfd; 12-26-2013 at 05:40 PM.
sfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #16
chad4
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #22782

My Ride:
05 subaru sti

people must like them because i see them on the road everywhere now...
chad4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #17
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad4 View Post
people must like them because i see them on the road everywhere now...
Kind of like we see you on the forum spamming everywhere now?

Just because we do... doesn't mean it's a good thing.

yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #18
sfd
Tri-State Addict

Member #405

My Ride:
2014 Jeep Cherokee

It's Jeep's second biggest seller right now. They moved 10,500 units in January. The Wrangler had its best January month ever and the Cherokee still beat it. Only the Grand Cherokee did better. In Dec they sold over 15,000 units again beating the Wrangler and only being beat by the GC.

As much as the design is polarizing and every Jeep forum out there thinks it is not a real Jeep/worst thing ever/Devil's spawn/cannot off road it is sure selling like crazy.

Couple of people have taken the Trailhawk model off road. As we all guessed the biggest problem is ground clearance. It's just too low even with the factory lift. 2-3inches of lift and some bigger tires will do wonders.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:43 AM   #19
2g Talon
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #23531

My Ride:
2014 Focus ST

Def. Not for me. I could think of 1,000 other things to buy for between 30-60k lol. You sure did pick the right time for it with all the weather weve had lately. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #20
tristatesentra
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5347

My Ride:
2010 Honda Civic EX

Send a message via AIM to tristatesentra Send a message via MSN to tristatesentra Send a message via Yahoo to tristatesentra
not as bad as I thought still not crazy about the front end but its got some nice state of the art stuff in it enjoy the new car

You Tuneit.com

Quote:
I want to gouge out my eyes with a hot spoon
tristatesentra is offline   Reply With Quote