TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Speednby
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1042

Send a message via AIM to Speednby
Winter Autox Series at New Jersey Motorsports Park

Hello All,

South Jersey SCCA has partnered with NJMP to present a 4 event winter series on the skid pad at the Lightning circuit. These will be NJMP sanctioned events, organized and equipped by SJR SCCA.

Event Dates:

Saturday, December 5th
Saturday, January 9th
Saturday, February 6th
Saturday, March 6th

Who can participate?

Anyone 17 and older with a valid drivers license. While NJMP's goal is to keep their members busy during the off season, they also whole heartedly welcome any and all to participate.

How much does it cost?

$35.00 per event for everyone. Since these are not SCCA events, non-SCCA members do not need to spend an extra $15.00 for a weekend membership.

More Info:

The cool thing about this series is that a portion of the proceeds from each event will go to charity. For the first event (Dec. 5th), NJMP is hosting a Coats for Kids charity drive. Select local school children, chosen from the school based on need, will visit New Jersey Motorsports Park on December 11 to choose a new winter coat, a pair of gloves or mittens, a hat or a scarf, a book, and enjoy a hot, healthy lunch. Anyone that arrives at the Dec. 5th event with the donation of a new coat will receive a $5.00 discount on your entry fee for that event. (Please note that the coats must be new, with tags attached.) More information about the Coats for Kids program can be found on the NJMP site here:

http://njmp.com/news/news.php?newsID=110

For the remaining events, NJMP will donate a portion of each entry fee to Laps to Conquer MS. More info about LCMS can be found here:

http://www.lapstoconquerms.org/

After each event, there will be a buffet dinner at the Officer's Club (which is over at the Thunderbolt track) so everyone can get together to warm up and enjoy some chatting about the day's event. Price will be $15.95 per person for all you can eat with a cash bar. The track has requested reservations for the buffet so they can have an idea of those attending. Reservations can be made at: fgruber@njmp.com or 856-327-7204. There will also be an indoor concession stand set up in the classroom for the day.

I don't have full details yet, but there will be an awards ceremony at the end of the series.

Registration is now open at AXWare here:

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/cale...curyearindex=3

Come on out and have some winter autox fun!

Last edited by Speednby; 11-13-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Speednby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Speednby

Member #1042

The original post has been edited. The price for the buffet is $15.95, not $17.00 as originally posted.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
I just saw this on their website njmp.com last night. If I'm off on weekends, I'll probably be doing all 4. NJMP is my 2nd home

Any discounts for SCCA members though?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Speednby

Member #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
I just saw this on their website njmp.com last night. If I'm off on weekends, I'll probably be doing all 4. NJMP is my 2nd home

Any discounts for SCCA members though?

Sorry, no discounts. Not even for us poor schleps that are organizing everything. This is all NJMP's deal. But if attendance is good, they will be donating a generous amount to charity.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
JB'sLGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #10156

My Ride:
05 Legacy GT, 97 M3

I noticed on the NJMP website it said "all you need is a car and a helmet". SJR is bringing the usual loaner helmets correct?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
ej06WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #8511

My Ride:
2006 WRX TR

may be a dumb question, but do you need to pay to spectate? im interested trying this out but would like to see what its like first.
ej06WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
Speednby

Member #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sLGT View Post
I noticed on the NJMP website it said "all you need is a car and a helmet". SJR is bringing the usual loaner helmets correct?

Yes, SJR loaner helmets will be present.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
Speednby

Member #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej06WRX View Post
may be a dumb question, but do you need to pay to spectate? im interested trying this out but would like to see what its like first.

There is no cost to spectate at a normal SCCA sanctioned event. I assume NJMP will hold this same policy as I expect several participants will be arriving with friends, wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends, children, etc.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
Speednby

Member #1042

UPDATE!

NJMP has just received from the State Police approval to run karts for the winter series events! All karts and participants must comply with World Karting Association Rules. What does this mean? Basically, we will be following SCCA Solo kart rules (including Jr. classes), with the following exceptions:

1) All drivers must wear full karting gear, including current helmet, neck brace, a full abrasion resistant suit, gloves and shoes.

2) Bolts on all the following components must be safety wired: All moving throttle and brake pedal parts; steering shaft & steering wheel; tie rods; steering links; brake rotors & calipers; front wheels.

3) Karts may not be driven anywhere in the paddock. All karts must be pushed to the starting line, stopped immediately after crossing the finish line, and pushed back to your paddock space. (I know this is a current SCCA rule, but I want to stress this. Karts may not be driven anywhere except on the solo course.)

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #10
mikedefusco54
Tri-State Addict

Member #14105

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Camry 1989 Chevy Blazer K5 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT

are there rules/regs for the cars?
i might be interested in trying this out.

1992 3000GT / 1991 Camry / 1989 Blazer K5
Quote:
I'm sorry but I think those look terrible. Not only that, you'll curb check those rims every time you parallel park.
mikedefusco54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #11
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Here's a different thread with a bunch more info...

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=90607

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #12
boostinsidewayz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1660

My Ride:
2000 hawkula, 99 JDM Saturn

Send a message via AIM to boostinsidewayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefusco54 View Post
here is a checklist you can look over

http://www.autox4u.com/check.htm
Anyway. I just wanted to man up and apologize for what I did. I was a complete @$$hole. I talked to John today, and told him I was WAY out of line. He and you guys had every right to be mad at me, and what I did/said. Truth be told, I feel really bad about it; as I should. Again man, im sorry for what I said. Just uncalled for, and plain out wrong.
boostinsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #13
Speednby

Member #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefusco54 View Post
Cars fall into different classes depending on the make & model plus any modifications you have made to the car. The full rule set can be found here:

http://cms.scca.com/documents/Solo_R...Solo_Rules.pdf

Car classifications start on page 59. But let's get you close first. What year, make and model car are you planning to run? And, what modifications, if any, have you performed on the car?

Furthermore, here is a link to the schedule / logistics for the day:

http://www.njmp.com/pdf/NJMPAutocrossLogistics.pdf

Also, hit the link that boostinsidewayz posted above. There is a lot of good info for the beginner there.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
Speednby

Member #1042

Thanks to all that braved the weather on Saturday. It was a long, cold, and very wet day, but we all got seven runs in on a really fun course. (Would have got more if not for a delay caused by a damp timing light.) Don't forget, the next event is Jan. 9th. I'll bump this thread as we get closer.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited by Speednby; 12-07-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #15
bmwidmer
Noob-Jersey

Member #15193

My Ride:
2000 Subaru RSTI

Im going to try and shoot down for the Jan 9th event. Will this event still run if snow occurs, it would make it interesting for the awd guys!
bmwidmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #16
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

i believe so. last year, we ran with snow on the grounds.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #17
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

We sure did

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #18
Speednby

Member #1042

Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to bump this up. The next event is this Saturday, the 9th. All the info in the original post on this thread still applies.

Once again, there will be a food concession available in the classroom adjacent to the lot. General fare of sandwiches, chips, cold drinks. And I'm sure there will be plenty of hot coffee and hot chocolate available.

Also, after the event, there will again be a buffet dinner at the Officer's Club (which is over at the Thunderbolt track) so everyone can get together to warm up and enjoy some chatting about the day's event. Price will be $15.95 per person for all you can eat with a cash bar. The track has requested reservations for the buffet so they can have an idea of those attending. Reservations can be made at: fgruber@njmp.comor 856-327-7204. Those of us that stayed for the buffet after event one can attest that it was $15.95 well spent! (The London broil was outstanding!)

It might be a little chilly, but so far, it looks like there is little chance for precipitation Saturday. So gather your friends & family, and come out to play!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #19
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

see you all there later on today

Last edited by jcr557; 01-09-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #20
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

update:

i was there this morning but around 9am my girlfriends mom called her (she was with me) to inform her that her grandmom passed away ealier in the morning so we left the track asap.

hope everyone had a blast and ill see yous there in february