TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > Delaware
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-04-2007, 01:44 AM   #1
Padge
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #79

Send a message via AIM to Padge
Anyone know how to wire a remote start into a manual car?

I have a 2002 accord to replace my STi and I would love to wire in a remote start.

I know it can be done safely with some sort of hood diode (???)... but I do not have any experience with this kind of stuff and would prefer to leave it to someone with more knowledge.

Does anyone have a clue and would you be willing to do it?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
SUB2.5RS
Tri-State Addict

Member #697

My Ride:
2.5RS , 89 Supra turbo , 93 240SX coupe (SOLD), 96 Legacy

I dont know how but I think you have to bypass the clutch. If that helps you.
SUB2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
martang
Tri-State Addict

Member #2574

Send a message via AIM to martang
Yes you need a clutch bypass.
martang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
Twinz
Tri-State Addict

Member #2189

My Ride:
1990 Skyline GT-R

Send a message via ICQ to Twinz
my friend did this on his gli...it didnt seem like too much work but if u dont know what ur doing deff take it to a shop or somethin...also make sure u dont leave it in gear when u park it...its kinda funny when u push the remote start and car starts driving it self down the road...its been done lol...dumbass had it in first and e-brake barely on and it started moving it self till he jumped in and grabbed the break
Twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
gpzjack
Tri-State Addict

Member #3422

My Ride:
07 Legacy 06 Mazda5 96 Dakota 78 Firebird 03 Kawasaki

My brother did it on his honda....he went to show me and forgot it was in gear and it drove up the driveway....LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
gpzjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:27 AM   #6
Danronian
Tri-State Addict

Member #1826

My Ride:
1995 Honda Civic Vx, 1975 Malibu

I saw one carnage pic on HT about someone doing this...wish I still had it saved. The kid's parents moved his car, and left it in gear. He starts it, and it rams the garage and totalled the integra...greatness.

Please make sure you have it wired up 100% correct...I would go as far as don't do it, b/c why do you really need it anyhow? It seems to be someone that if you mess it up once, you could harm someone else, destory your own car, and make your insurance rates go up for a while...really not worth the inevitable walk to your car.
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
subarus have neutral safety switches, meaning it knows when the car is in neutral and it will only start if it is, meaning you cant eff it up. most manuals dont have that and thats what makes them dangerous. of course unless its an automatic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #8
95s10
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #2687

My Ride:
1995 S10

you have to find the wire at the clutch pedal that shows its depressed, run a relay from there to the wire to the ground when start wire on the remote start. hard to explain lol, if u dont understand this pm me
95s10 is offline   Reply With Quote