TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #21
Evil M
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #15408

My Ride:
///M3

I didnt even know there was a track at wall.. thats exciting >:D
Evil M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #22
Vinny
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2979

My Ride:
'95 Lexus SC300

It's not a track, it's a oval stadium and then do figure 8's. Youtube it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

You can Try and Fail, but never Fail at Trying.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #23
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:
1996 240sx & 1989 240sx Coupe

Send a message via AIM to thefro526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It's not a track, it's a oval stadium and then do figure 8's. Youtube it.
VinnyMac, What's up with all of the Wall hate?

You forgot how awesome it is to see tandem on the bank.

Btw, here's a pretty good video of some of JTP's runs at Wall Last year to give people an idea of what the venue is like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JqfJbk4nWA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Also do some things with it, with fro boy's whip.
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #24
Vinny
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2979

My Ride:
'95 Lexus SC300

I was more of a fan of this tandem run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoCygfOyjUE\

and may they PLEASE do it again.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #25
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

Quote:
I was more of a fan of this tandem run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoCygfOyjUE\

and may they PLEASE do it again.
I forgot that Wall 2009 was where Darren McNamara established himself as one of the nastiest tandem chase drivers.

Ever.

If I remember correctly, he bested Vaughn Gitton Jr. to win the event.

Also, I think D-Mac was rated like the Best Drifter in Europe for a while.

Thanks for the Video VinnyMac. That made my day.

Quote:
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #26
Vinny
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2979

My Ride:
'95 Lexus SC300

haha, no problem fro bro!

Ya, D-Mac def threw it down last year at Wall and a tandem battle I'll never forget. It was literally wheel to fender chasing.
People actually think this track is easy, but it's actually not. Going from the bank entry to bumpy elevations, alot of drivers have difficulty there.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #27
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

Quote:
People actually think this track is easy, but it's actually not. Going from the bank entry to bumpy elevations, alot of drivers have difficulty there.
Well said.

Everyone thinks that wall is "Just a Figure 8".

It's not. Suspension setup plays a huge part in success or lack thereof.

If I remember correctly, the difference in angle between the infield and the bank is approximately 20* at the point where the cars make the first transition. That's enough to make cars do some interesting things...

I'd venture to say that a few of the lower (properly stanced) cars like Matt Powers' S14 and Mike Whiddet's Rx-8 are going to struggle a lot with this track.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by thefro526; 05-20-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #28
Vinny
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2979

My Ride:
'95 Lexus SC300

Powers is one of the few that I'd like to finally see in person and along with Jr's new Monster/Falken mustang.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #29
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

Quote:
Powers is one of the few that I'd like to finally see in person and along with Jr's new Monster/Falken mustang.
Definitely.

I just kinda want to talk to Matt Powers, and see what goes on in his head. I'd like to think that he and I would be somewhat alike, and by alike I mean pointlessly random.

I really want to see Madd Mike's car up close too, and see how low it really is. I'm curious about how much modification was done to his Rx-8 to allow for proper suspension travel and all that fun crap.

JR's new Mustang is pretty rad, but I'll try to look at it at ECB so I can spend my time at FD looking at cars I might not be able to look at otherwise.

I also want to check out Mike Essa's BMW, that thing is so awesome, it just needs a bit more low and some more fine tuning and it'll definitely be a vehicle capable of winning an event.

Oh, and I want to look at Robbie Na****a's GT-R and see if it's what I think it is. (I'm pretty sure that it's just a 350z Drive-train dropped in a GTR shell with all of the AWD crap removed aka - the way an American company would tackle a difficult problem - the easy way.)

I really wish that Tommy Roberts was up to driving the whole FD season, his car is so awesome, and one of the last cars in FD with TRUE street style.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 AM   #30
JST2KWIK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6855

My Ride:
2021 Ram TRX, 2014 Camaro Z/28, 2017 Shelby GT350, 1991 Mercedes 350SDL

I can't wait for this! I am definately down for a cruise up there also
JST2KWIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #31
98GSXdude
Tri-State Addict

Member #155

I'll be there, can't wait actually. This event is awesome at Wall compared to the haggard thing they threw together at Etown where you could only see 2 damn turns.
E36 M3
Ex's: E46 M3, 350Z, 300ZX TT, E39 M5, 1G GSX, 2G GSX

Last edited by 98GSXdude; 05-23-2010 at 12:35 PM.
98GSXdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #32
rskylinej
Tri-State Addict

Member #3390

My Ride:
04 z33 6MT

ill be thereee

~

~

~
rskylinej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #33
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Keep an eye out for the TST tent in the vendor area of Formula D at Wall!
We'll be spreading the word about the forum and will have hoodies, women's thongs, and stickers for sale if anyone wants to check them out and pick them up. We'll have both the original style TST logo sticker as well as the new angry piston sticker which is just the piston itself!
Definitely come say whats up if you see us, always good to put some faces to some screennames...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 05-23-2010 at 07:27 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #34
Vinny
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2979

My Ride:
'95 Lexus SC300

Troll, save me a piston sticker!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #35
98GSXdude
Tri-State Addict

Member #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Keep an eye out for the TST tent in the vendor area of Formula D at Wall!
We'll be spreading the word about the forum and will have hoodies, women's thongs, and stickers for sale if anyone wants to check them out and pick them up. We'll have both the original style TST logo sticker as well as the new angry piston sticker which is just the piston itself!
Definitely come say whats up if you see us, always good to put some faces to some screennames...
I will stop by and introduce myself I feel like I've been on here so long and haven't met many of the regulars in person.
E36 M3
Old 05-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #36
98GSXdude
Tri-State Addict

Member #155

Was just checking the weather, its not looking to great. What happens if its rained out? Do they reschedule or just not have a round 3 this year?
E36 M3
Old 06-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #37
jdm mike
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #7673

Rain or shine!..this weekend
jdm mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #38
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
rain or shine ... think positive. so many people looking forward to the event, its going to be big!

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #39
rskylinej
Tri-State Addict

Member #3390

My Ride:
04 z33 6MT

cant waitttttt

~

~

~
rskylinej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #40
howielong
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #586

My Ride:
Grandpa Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to howielong Send a message via MSN to howielong
I'll be there, unsure if I'm going Friday yet or not. I'll be on the track all day Saturday.

howielong is offline   Reply With Quote