TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #41
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC View Post
And how much off the top are you holding as expenses?
probbly $150 200 out of pocket

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
SHOdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #42
Dustin
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15242

My Ride:
1991 Nissan 240sx

Go read "A Long Way Gone" and some articles about the lost boys of sudan. It's nothing new, sure it's terrible but what is a "charity" like invisible children or whatever it's called going to do? There whole "movement" is on April 20th where everyone is supposed to put up posters and stickers illegally right? I won't support that. I will support written letters to politicians and even the UN if possible.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #43
Noodile
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21854

My Ride:
2010 Koup

http://jezebel.com/5891269/think-twi...e-meme-du-jour

One more link to add to the thread

Pictures and more info on the ride:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Noodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #44
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Go read "A Long Way Gone" and some articles about the lost boys of sudan. It's nothing new, sure it's terrible but what is a "charity" like invisible children or whatever it's called going to do? There whole "movement" is on April 20th where everyone is supposed to put up posters and stickers illegally right? I won't support that. I will support written letters to politicians and even the UN if possible.
That has already happened thats why there are US soldiers in uganda right now

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #45
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:

Quote:
And how much off the top are you holding as expenses?
Sorry I took this the wrong way, I wont hold any of the donations I will be paying for the stuff out of my own pocket, I'm not a shisty charity just someone helping out, I dont know to much about Invisible children but I do know what it costs to run a business/advertise and even 32% of that is almost 3 million dollars. Think of how many people benefited over there from that. I didnt say you have to support the charity and if some one has a better charity to donate to please voice your opinion.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #46
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Welcome to TST.... We're drama queens
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #47
AWD GS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8729

My Ride:
VIP Luxury, Dynaride & R6

Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #48
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwill View Post
thats why i dont attend any charity car meet. hell, i dont even go to meets anymore. unless its a beef and beer for a fellow enthusiast, police officer, fireman, stripper fund, etc.
No offense, but the definition of charity in simple terms is to give. There's nothing else to it... I don't see how wrong it is for someone on a car forum, who wants to help a specific group of people, to host a car meet.... Hes calling it a charity car meet, not an educational class on Kony himself. The only purpose is to collect money to be sent to them...

I don't know anything about IC, and aren't attending this meet, because I simply don't care.. (like most of you it seems). But I think its hysterical how many people are coming out of the woodwork to say what a bad idea this is. Its one thing to say its not the best idea because IC is shady, but to come in and just tell this guy off because you don't agree with the reasoning behind it? Give me a break.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #49
JerseyTuscani
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #968

My Ride:
Heron White G8 GT

I feel after this whole Street Wars thing alot of people are going to be alot less inclined to go to "charity" car meets. I guess the intent of your car meet is a good one and no one can knock you for trying to help what you believe is a good charity. Just be careful the way you word things and put it together. Don't want a repeat of Street Wars.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #50
Zaior
Tri-State Addict

Member #21850

My Ride:
2000 Toyota Solara SLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujito View Post
Lol. My English comprehension is better than yours, buddy.

"You sound like such a pretentious hipster making fun of someone who just started listening to some once-upon-a-time obscure band that just went semi mainstream."

Your "part a" is applicable to my analogy. He is criticizing people who are jumping on the bandwagon and will not care in a few months when it's not trending anymore. My analogy is of a pretentious music goer who criticizes a new listener because they started liking the band once it went mainstream (aka, jumping on the bandwagon). If you still disagree then you can PM me and tell me why.
Not trying to be an a** but if your trying to say that you understand the english language better than someone, then you would know that it should be written as "You sound like a pretentious hipster" not "such a pretentious hipster"
Zaior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #51
bmatyeah
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4478

My Ride:
1997 Ford Mustang

Send a message via AIM to bmatyeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
If some one has a better charity to donate to please voice your opinion.

http://water.org/
way better then anything Invisible Children is involved with.
bmatyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #52
Noodile
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21854

My Ride:
2010 Koup

someone inform a noob, what was "streets wars"?

Pictures and more info on the ride:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Noodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #53
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodile View Post
someone inform a noob, what was "streets wars"?
A mess? A rip off? A scam? A joke? A waste of money?

Something along those lines. There's a lot to get into when asking about Street Wars.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #54
itwillboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17521

My Ride:
GDE6, L30T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
No offense, but the definition of charity in simple terms is to give. There's nothing else to it... I don't see how wrong it is for someone on a car forum, who wants to help a specific group of people, to host a car meet.... Hes calling it a charity car meet, not an educational class on Kony himself. The only purpose is to collect money to be sent to them...

I don't know anything about IC, and aren't attending this meet, because I simply don't care.. (like most of you it seems). But I think its hysterical how many people are coming out of the woodwork to say what a bad idea this is. Its one thing to say its not the best idea because IC is shady, but to come in and just tell this guy off because you don't agree with the reasoning behind it? Give me a break.
I don't think anyone is trying to give the guy a hard time, I know that wasn't my intention. We are all simply stating facts. I know that I run 2 or 3 charity events every year and two things you must do are use a reputable charity and be transparent, and you must educate. Without educating you are missing out on a large part of what you need to do to see a change in anything which is share knowledge on the subject. And has far as being non-transparent we have seen all the trouble that can bring.

Some information.
http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/

5th annual Northeast Nissan Summer Meet
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #55
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:

How about this people people no charity, no donations just raising awareness. That's it, and it you wanna help out on your own buy the 10$ bracelet. I've realized since street wars no one trusts a charity meet and that's a damn shame.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #56
Philly03wagon
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8566

My Ride:
1995 Mazda Protege DX

Quote:
Welcome to TST.... We're drama queens
sig'd
Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #57
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
How about this people people no charity, no donations just raising awareness. That's it, and it you wanna help out on your own buy the 10$ bracelet. I've realized since street wars no one trusts a charity meet and that's a damn shame.
1. People are aware of the cause. FB has annoyingly taken care of that. Awareness is a fancy way of taking money and wasting it.

2. People trust charity meets, you just didn't do it right. Examples are A. shady charity you picked, B. Your kind of new so that’s a strike against you taking money from people C. Your original post is put together like a 6 year old wrote it.

3. People don't want to pay money to hang out in a parking lot when they could go to the same place on Sunday night for FREE. You want to have an event for charity, you have to do more then stand around.

4. Having a car meet for something that you are passionate about means doing it also when it isn't in the news spotlight as well.

Last edited by jpalamar; 03-08-2012 at 02:42 PM.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #58
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:

Haha alright people with all the bull**** on this forum to bash and people to **** with you really had to take something that could have been a fun time for a good cause and completely discourage it. /thread I quit

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #59
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:

My grammar was fine in my OP. Take that ish else where.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #60
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:

If anyone would like a poster PM me.

Quote: