TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
Rally-America: STPR12 Rally in Wellsboro, PA June 1-2. Come support us!

I'm making this post to invite everyone to come out and spectate/support us and the sport of rally the weekend of June 1-2, 2012 in Wellsboro, PA. Wellsboro is about 4 and a half hours and about 230 miles from NE Philly. If anyone has been there before, they can tell you it is well worth the time and drive to come out.

As some of you may know my family and myself have been involved in racing locally for the past couple years and last year my brother "TUNINGVELOCITY" made his stage rally debut at STPR, however DNF'd after having transmission issues on the SS of day 1 www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-MSU4gug0, however the car is running now and we might have 2 cars from Philly at STPR this year. (Concha brothers)

After seeing how much fun and emotional stage rally events are, I decided to buy a Ford Fiesta and prepare it for this years STPR.

This is how the car looked like prior to taking it to Team O'neil in Dalton, NH.

And here it is in the process of getting stripped and caged. Sorry for the diff size pics, they came from different people.

We were planning on having both cars, the Focus and the Fiesta at the TST Spring Meet, however the Fiesta will not be done in time so we will only have the Focus there.

That being said, we are looking for volunteers who are willing to give a hand and help out during the race weekend. We cannot pay you as we are a new team with a low budget, however if you love racing and you love the sport, this will be a great experience for you.

We don't have any current sponsors, however we will be representing Philadelphia and we will be rocking the tristatetuners decal on our race car. If interested, we have sponsorship opportunities available, email me at jcr57rt@aol.com

So much hard work has gone into this, and some publicity has been there for us. Check out these articles:
http://rally-america.com/news/1139/
http://news.stpr.org/2012/04/john-co...-debut-at.html

Here's some more info on the event:
http://rally-america.com/events/2012/STPR/

And last years recap:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxgy7nsZC2o

WHAT IS RALLY RACING
RALLYING: A SPORT LIKE NO OTHER!
There are no ovals, pace cars or rain delays. Rally racing features real cars racing against the clock on closed-off sections of real roads that are usually unpaved and unforgiving. Events can last several days and cover hundreds of miles through rain, snow, day or night. This extreme test of skill, speed and endurance is what makes rally racing the world’s premiere and most exciting motor sport, one that is quickly growing in North America.

DRIVERS
Insiders and even casual fans consider rally drivers to be the best all around drivers on the planet. They must master every road surface and every weather condition while possessing the endurance and stamina needed to make it through long hours and hundreds of miles. As the old saying goes, "Circuit racers see 10 turns 1000 times while rally drivers see 1000 turns 1 time!"

CO-DRIVERS
The key to rally drivers’ success are their co-drivers. Rally drivers cannot practice the course and must rely on their navigators (or co-driver) to survive. The co-driver uses a computerized odometer along with a supplied route book to communicate to the driver what lies ahead on the road. The route book describes in detail the road ahead and includes warnings for hazards such as cliffs, trees and junctions. Rally drivers determine what speed and angle to enter each turn or crest in the road by listening to their co-drivers' constant instructions.

EVENTS
Gravel logging roads, mountain passes, well groomed forest roads - these are what make up the tracks for rally drivers. They are temporarily closed, actual public roads on which rally drivers can go flat out. With nine events held across the country, the Rally America Championship has a mix of everything from ice and snow in Michigan to super fast, smooth gravel in Pennsylvania. A typical Rally America Championship event will last two days and feature over 250 miles of roads split up into competitive stages and transit sections. The competitive stages, or “special stages” are where the action lies; these are timed sprints on roads that vary from 5 to 30 miles in length. The lowest cumulative time wins.

THE CARS
A rally car is the ultimate real world sports car: one that is capable of high speed and incredible handling on any road surface and in every weather condition. Fast yet strong, they must survive hundred of miles and several days of torture. As an additional challenge, all rally cars must be street legal, since they must traverse public roads with traffic between the competitive timed sections. The Rally America Championship features a lineup of cars that average fans could buy from their local dealers, including Subaru WRX STis, Mitsubishi Evos, Ford Focuses and VW Golfs!

FANS
Watching rally on TV is a spectacle, but seeing it in person is an awe inspiring experience. Fans get to line the road, mere feet from the sliding, jumping and gravel spraying action. Fans can also freely check out the service areas where drivers and their teams repair the cars. Meeting your favorite driver and touching your favorite rally car are guaranteed. Tickets? Most rally events are totally free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by jcr557; 04-28-2012 at 04:03 PM.
jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
redlegacygt
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #17750

My Ride:
97 subaru legacy gt

That's awesome man. I've been up there the last few years and Stpr is just amazing. I was able to make it to the super special on sat. last year, and i hope to do the same this year. Goodluck and hope to see you there!
redlegacygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Me and a bunch of people are going to try and make it up this year. Been there before and it is pretty awesome. What kind of help do you need for this event?

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote