TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
The 5th Annual Sonic Meet, benefiting Make-A-Wish! Sunday, May 1st, Morgantown, PA

Everyone's favorite springtime event is back for the 5th year in a row. Come out to Sonic Drive-In in Morgantown, PA on May 1st from noon to 5pm for The 5th Annual Sonic Meet. There will be a huge variety of cars, a ton of great raffles, vendors on site, and it is all helping to raise money for Make-A-Wish.

Last year was an amazing turnout with over 1,000 cars in attendance and over $5,000 donated. We can't wait to do it all again this year, trying to top last year's awesome turnout.

RSVP to the event and invite your friends on Facebook
Please RSVP to the event on Facebook and then invite your friends by clicking 'share' on Facebook to post the event on your wall or message them directly.
You can also "Like" TST's Facebook Fan Page too while you're there!

All proceeds from the event are being donated to Make A Wish, please take a minute to visit their site here: www.makeawish.com
There will be many worthwhile and fun ways to donate at the event so please keep that in mind so we can raise as much money as possible.

Who we are benefiting
This year we have again chosen to benefit the local region of Make-A-Wish. This year they have done something special and matched us up directly with Tia, a 5 year old girl right in our area who has Cystic Fibrosis. Tia wants nothing more than to be able to go to Disney World and we are going to help her make that happen! Its a great feeling to know that as a community we can come together to help someone out in this way.
Tia will be at The Sonic Meet with her family! Please say hello with a smile if you see them walking around as they are our guests for the day. Below is a photo of Tia.

The Sonic Meet Website
Please check out www.thesonicmeet.com for a quick reference of everything you need to know about the event. Here you can see the event flyer, sponsors, raffle donations, ways to donate, directions, parking info, caravan info, and more. Of course you can also check this thread on TST for info about the event.

How to Donate

*Donate by buying a Sonic Meet t-shirt: For the first time ever we are offering Sonic Meet t-shirts for sale at the event. They came out great and will be a perfect keepsake from the event. The shirts are $15 each and will be available from XS up to XXXL, but make sure to get yours at the beginning of the day to make sure to get the size you want. See below for a picture of the shirt design. All proceeds from Sonic Meet shirt sales will be donated to Make-A-Wish.

*Donate by getting VIP Reserved Parking: We have made VIP Reserved Parking at the front of the main lot available to those who are willing to make a $25 donation prepaid via Paypal. This will ensure your car is close to all the action. We may have a limited amount of spots for people at the gate, but when they fill up they're gone, so we recommend prepaying for this if you are interested. Those who choose this option will also receive $10 worth of raffle tickets as a bonus. Click This Link to reserve your spot now! All proceeds will be donated to Make-A Wish.

*Donate just by buying food at Sonic during the meet: 10% of all sales from Sonic Drive-In during the meet will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish.

*Donate by buying TST Merchandise during the meet: 25% of all TST Merchandise sales at the event will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish.

*Donate by buying raffle tickets for a chance to win great prizes: Enter to win some incredible prizes we've managed to collect... we will announce these prizes soon so you can look forward to them at the meet. All proceeds from raffle ticket sales will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish.

*Donate by being on the lookout for the donation jars around the event to just drop a couple bucks in: it all adds up, especially with the number of people who will be at the event so please consider dropping a dollar or five into the donation jar! All money collected will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish.

Sonic Meet T-Shirts
For the first time ever, we are offering Sonic Meet T-Shirts available for purchase at the meet. These shirts will be available for $15 each so grab one while they last! All proceeds from Sonic Meet t-shirt sales will be donated to Make A Wish.

Raffle Prizes
Thanks to our great sponsors, we have a ton of amazing raffle prizes available this year with some really unique prizes. Raffle tickets will be sold at the meet for $2 each, or 7 tickets for $10. See the complete list of raffle prizes available here: http://thesonicmeet.com/raffle-prizes

Caravans
Many very large caravans are organized for this event each year, so be on the look out for one that originates in your area to join in on the fun.
If you have organized a caravan and would like it added to this list, please post in the thread with a link to your caravan thread for it to be added.
King of Prussia, PA Caravan
Bensalem, PA Caravan
Montgomeryville, PA Caravan
Lehigh Valley, PA Caravan
State College, PA Caravan
York, PA Caravan
Delaware County, PA Caravan
Harrisburg, PA Caravan
Lancaster, PA Caravan
Reading, PA Caravan
Northeast PA Caravan
New York Caravan
Maple Shade, NJ Caravan
North Jersey Caravan

Parking
Please see the map below for parking info. As these parking areas fill up you can park down the parking lot (to the left of the image) but please leave the lots market in red open!

Promote this event on your favorite forums
HERE is a separate thread to organize info about posting about this event on as many other forums as possible to spread the word. Please view that thread and take a few minutes to help spread the word on your favorite forums.

Event Sponsors and Donors Wanted!
We're still looking for sponsors for the event to make a donation and/or provide items to raffle off so if anyone reading this is interested or knows someone who might be, please email TheSonicMeet@TriStateTuners.com for more info. All proceeds are going to Make A Wish, and this is a great opportunity to give back to the community in a fun way!

We hope everyone can make it, but for those who aren't able to you can still donate by mailing a check or via Paypal at TheSonicMeet@TriStateTuners.com

Please contact me at TheSonicMeet@TriStateTuners.com if you have any questions, suggestions, or interest in getting involved.
Looking forward to it, and hoping everyone comes out to enjoy the day with us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 04-29-2011 at 06:22 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

i'll mark my calendar.

already posted this on Scionlife.com

Last edited by Big_Jim; 03-10-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Big_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
All right!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

Woohoo! It's official people!

Ill be present in the South Jersey Caravan.

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Liberta you are the SJ meet president. You're supposed to be at every meet. No excuses.
Quote:
someone comes up to you at a meet, you think he's gonna talk about your car but then he's like "this is your car right? i saw your car in traffic one day and some blonde bitch was sucking your dick....*high five*"
liberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #5
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Finally upp, sweet!! KOP Caravan Thread is up and looking good. Let's make this years Sonic Meet the biggest one yet and most importantly to help raise some major funds for Make-A-Wish Foundation!

Spread the word, tell your friend, family, other forums. Let's have a good and safe time and not forget that this is for a good cause!

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 03-10-2011 at 02:51 AM.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:45 AM   #6
Vinny
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2979

My Ride:
'95 Lexus SC300

I'm in as always!

You can Try and Fail, but never Fail at Trying.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #7
97slocav
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11880

My Ride:
01 blazer xtreme

ill be there
JBA MAGNAFLOW JET DEI ACCEL VETTE SERVO SUMMIT D/S/Z ROTORS ON FRONT BRAZILIAN TAILS envoy front molded and shaved xtreme valence with envoy bumper molded on top of stock blazer bumper. FRONT 3.5/3 drop cowl hood
97slocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #8
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Will def try to make this! Only problem will be my final exams that week...
Old 03-10-2011, 02:53 AM   #9
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

I'm in! I already have a King of Prussia caravan set up

OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 AM   #10
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
whoot!!!
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #11
chaz01gt
Tri-State Addict

Member #10355

My Ride:
95 Eclipse GS-? - 04 Avalanche

Cant Wait! Should be a Great Day for a Good Cause!
chaz01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:07 AM   #12
JSpecV03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6345

My Ride:
2006 Acura TSX,1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0, and cammed out Spec V with a blown motor.

Send a message via AIM to JSpecV03
sooooo much fun! cant wait. lets hope for awesome weather this year and not so super humid.
posted this on b15u.com, one of the other forums I use.
Every Nasty Vehical Illustrates Our Useless Spending

Last edited by JSpecV03; 03-10-2011 at 04:28 AM.
JSpecV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:47 AM   #13
Burnt2Death
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #17935

My Ride:
Whatever I feel like.

Looking forward to it and Ill be there for sure!
Burnt2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:48 AM   #14
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
I'm excited for this. Never made it last year.

Last edited by lownslow95; 03-10-2011 at 04:52 AM.
lownslow95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #15
JDLUDE99
Tri-State Addict

Member #1687

My Ride:
1999 Honda Prelude

Send a message via AIM to JDLUDE99
All right!! you know I'll be there
-99 Honda Prelude!
-
JDLUDE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #16
l337fpc
Tri-State Addict

Member #9093

My Ride:
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT

Send a message via AIM to l337fpc
im so there again, posted on the rx8club...hopefully i won't be the only one again, lol.

l337fpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #17
93rx7r1
Tri-State Addict

Member #7582

Officially on my calendar now & I will be there.
93rx7r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #18
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

YES!!! Was wondering when it would be this year. Already posted on another forum I'm on.
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #19
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

I also plan to be there.

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #20
phsdrummer2
Tri-State Addict

Member #4697

My Ride:
'90 300zx 2+2 TT, '07 Yamaha R6S, '05 Ram 2500

Send a message via AIM to phsdrummer2
I'll be there this year. Had to miss it last year because of the reschedule. Won't happen again.