TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drag Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Boosted08
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7377

My Ride:
08 Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Boosted08
took my car island dragway 4-24-09

hey took my 08 wrx to the track on friday and had my best time so far so thats good, the conditions were good was about 70-75 degrees out and not alot of people there.

ran a 13.8 with
-invidia catless dp
-spt exhaust
-cobb stage 2

heres a ****ty video with a regular camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6WmZCrUlo
Boosted08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I hear good things about that place. I'm hoping the whole world doesn't catch on

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

Send a message via AIM to driftingrx5.7 Send a message via Yahoo to driftingrx5.7
i live near there and work even closer to there. i like going there i usually go there about 3 time a years i enjoy it! good run man!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
driftingrx5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Bubba Ho-Tep
Tri-State Addict

Member #558

My Ride:
2014 Corvette Stingray

I miss the sound my STi used to make.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
I hear good things about that place. I'm hoping the whole world doesn't catch on
LOL.. everyone knows about Island dude ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
Boosted08
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7377

My Ride:
08 Legacy

hey area 1320 i got one of your cards while I was there ha, I guess one of your boys or someone there was handing them out and told me about your shop.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

1320 is the place to go
Once I get the center diff replaced (under warranty, YAY) I'm going to hit Island once just to see what the Baja can run.
Those are decent numbers man, congrats.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
Boosted08
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7377

My Ride:
08 Legacy

hey subie sleeper im pretty sure ive seen your car at the quakertown meets before i think thats where i live i just go to school at temple right now. but thanks for the comments
Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #9
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Any time. It sounds like you're well on your way to building a monster too. For the record, my ride wouldn't exist the way it does right now without Ryan (AREA1320) Every time I start the Baja and go ANYWHERE I have a blast driving it. Random people come up and ask me almost the same four questions on a fairly regular basis.
1)Q. What is it? A. Self explanitory
2)Q. Why did you modify THAT? A. It's what I had to work with and I'm crazy.
3)Q. Is it really that fast? A. For what it is.... HELL YES.
4)Q. Who did the work on it?.......
# 4 is the key. I always mention Ryan first because he made my mismatched and cross referenced parts list fit and work perfectly. I just need more of his buisness cards to hand out.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted08 View Post
hey area 1320 i got one of your cards while I was there ha, I guess one of your boys or someone there was handing them out and told me about your shop.
haha nice. then I guess they are doing their job of networking lol

RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
Shoolig
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5623

My Ride:
C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_sleeper View Post
Any time. It sounds like you're well on your way to building a monster too. For the record, my ride wouldn't exist the way it does right now without Ryan (AREA1320) Every time I start the Baja and go ANYWHERE I have a blast driving it. Random people come up and ask me almost the same four questions on a fairly regular basis.
1)Q. What is it? A. Self explanitory
2)Q. Why did you modify THAT? A. It's what I had to work with and I'm crazy.
3)Q. Is it really that fast? A. For what it is.... HELL YES.
4)Q. Who did the work on it?.......
# 4 is the key. I always mention Ryan first because he made my mismatched and cross referenced parts list fit and work perfectly. I just need more of his buisness cards to hand out.

I've seen you rip past me on 309 South before heading out of Coopersburg. It sounded rediculous. I was in the TT 3000GT, I would have played but traffic was too thick. I can't believe I don't see you around more often, I live right near DeSales and am always around the area.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREA1320 View Post
haha nice. then I guess they are doing their job of networking lol
haha dude i was parked in downtown easton one night when i was barhopping and came back to my car and it had an area1320 business card on it. i figured it was you or somebody that maybe didn't see the sticker on my rear window.

/
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
pinkarrowsnow
Tri-State Addict

Member #5596

My Ride:
1991 240sx

island is the best kept secret for awd cars. If they just prepped the ****ing track i could hook up haha im there every friday would like to see some more tsters there
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #14
93turbocx
Noob-Jersey

Member #13623

My Ride:
1993 civic cx hatch

nice run, i go to island too. i hope it doesnt get crowded its so nice. last time i went i ran 16 times in 2 hours.

BOOST!!
93turbocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoolig View Post
I've seen you rip past me on 309 South before heading out of Coopersburg. It sounded rediculous. I was in the TT 3000GT, I would have played but traffic was too thick. I can't believe I don't see you around more often, I live right near DeSales and am always around the area.
Thanks. I don't notice the exhaust volume so much anymore. It's nice to here that it sounds good. I'm in Center Valley. My wife works at Lutron in Coopersburg and I go that way every other weekend to get to the turnpike to pick up my daughter in philly. We also do most of our shopping down that way. You should come to the cedar crest applebees meet on wednesdays sometime.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #16
Shoolig
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5623

My Ride:
C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_sleeper View Post
Thanks. I don't notice the exhaust volume so much anymore. It's nice to here that it sounds good. I'm in Center Valley. My wife works at Lutron in Coopersburg and I go that way every other weekend to get to the turnpike to pick up my daughter in philly. We also do most of our shopping down that way. You should come to the cedar crest applebees meet on wednesdays sometime.
Interesting, I live literally a mile from Lutron and my uncle works there. I am at the Giant near there literally every day or night, depending if I take my grandmother out to CVS and Giant.

I work at the Promenades for the time being so I'm always there.

Have you seen a Red 3000GT or Black 3000GT w/ FMIC around? If so that's probably me since my Talon is broken and try not to drive my truck since it sucks on gas.

As soon as my Talon's back on the road (trans is done finally, just too lazy to pick it up and install it) I'll make it up to the meet, I usually go to the Qtown meets on Wed. but Cedarcrest is near where I get E85 so I'll make it point to stop by.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 AM   #17
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoolig View Post
Interesting, I live literally a mile from Lutron and my uncle works there. I am at the Giant near there literally every day or night, depending if I take my grandmother out to CVS and Giant.

I work at the Promenades for the time being so I'm always there.

Have you seen a Red 3000GT or Black 3000GT w/ FMIC around? If so that's probably me since my Talon is broken and try not to drive my truck since it sucks on gas.

As soon as my Talon's back on the road (trans is done finally, just too lazy to pick it up and install it) I'll make it up to the meet, I usually go to the Qtown meets on Wed. but Cedarcrest is near where I get E85 so I'll make it point to stop by.
Are you getting E85 from somewhere other then the service plaza?? If not how are you getting in and out without going to quakertown?

peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
misterhom
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #13511

My Ride:
91 talon tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
island is the best kept secret for awd cars. If they just prepped the ****ing track i could hook up haha im there every friday would like to see some more tsters there
I told you get better tires LOL!!!
Hi Pink!!!
misterhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #19
pinkarrowsnow
Tri-State Addict

Member #5596

My Ride:
1991 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterhom View Post
I told you get better tires LOL!!!
Hi Pink!!!
Hi haha sorry i cant run a 12.2 on low boost and no launch but i found someone who put some 275s micky thompson et streets dr's on my stock wheels and its workin good so im gonna do that.
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #20
misterhom
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #13511

My Ride:
91 talon tsi

Sweet.I will be there Friday with the trailer so feel free to go balls out.I'll give you and your car a ride home worst case.
misterhom is offline   Reply With Quote