TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #41
nolicense526
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #18690

My Ride:
cobalt ss/eg turbo hatch

great plan! i would shoot for early spring though. january is going to be tough...i mean i dont have an exotic buy any means but my civic still goes away for winter. A way for people to remember might be to buy tickets through paypal. set up the donation and once someone donates send them the dyno ticket or something...
nolicense526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #42
nolicense526
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #18690

My Ride:
cobalt ss/eg turbo hatch

maybe you could get a trophy made for top hp too. this would promote more high hp cars maybe, spring would prob be better for max also...hes going to be there right? warmer weather would prob be better for him to handle! hell, it would make everything more enjoyable for everyone! Who wants to be shivvering at a dyno day get togeter? people will be sitting in their cars with heat on ha
nolicense526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #43
05wrxer
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #8031

My Ride:
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX

It's for a good cause. I'll bring my WRX for a pull, as long as I am not on call that day.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #44
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolicense526 View Post
maybe you could get a trophy made for top hp too. this would promote more high hp cars maybe, spring would prob be better for max also...hes going to be there right? warmer weather would prob be better for him to handle! hell, it would make everything more enjoyable for everyone! Who wants to be shivvering at a dyno day get togeter? people will be sitting in their cars with heat on ha
I agree with you, I think a spring dyno day would be best. I was very torn- it makes a lot more sense to have it in spring, even though theres decent interest for it in jan, and I would like to start raising money as soon as possible. But the guys over at R/T think a spring day would be best for everyone, so it looks like thats what we're gonna do.

Unfortunately Mikes condition wont allow him to attend the dyno day. It is my hope that this dyno day will generate enough money to finish the renovations to Mikes house, which would allow him to host a BBQ/Car Meet at his house sometime in the summer. The BBQ would be our opportunity to bring all the cool cars to Mike since he cant come to them at the dyno day, and I know it will mean a LOT to him to be able to do this. There was supposed to be a BBQ last summer, but because of the delays in his home renovations, he was unable to host it. Hopefully with a little help from the TST community, we'll be able to throw him an awesome BBQ Bash this summer.

As far as a high hp award.. The thought had crossed my mind as well, but I think any money spent on a high hp award would be better spent going towards the expenses of the dyno day, or towards Mike's medical expenses. This is a benefit after all, i dont think a high hp prize will get any more people in the door. The people who are gonna show up are coming either because they want to support a truly good cause, or want some cheap dyno pulls. Hopefully both. I dont think a high hp prize will bring anyone in that wasnt already going. Thoughts?
Old 12-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #45
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:
the one in the back of the shop

^^^ hey Ken it seems like you are running point on this. We have done several dyno benefit days in the past and to be honest with ya the majority of the money is going to come from food, drink, and snack sales. Also if you know anybody that does shirts and other related stuff like that.

Reason being is that only so many people are going to be able to dyno, but everybody is gonna wanna eat, drink or maybe buy a shirt related to the event. So get together some contacts on that kinda stuff and when you get all lined up we will go over on the best day possible for this.

Thanks, Vince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Vince@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #46
Higu
Tri-State Addict

Member #15710

My Ride:
2009 Mazda6i Touring 5AT

I would go mainly for the cause. I prolly wont be putting 100hp down but I don't care, its for a good thing
Higu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #47
trista
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15075

My Ride:
'89 EF

Send a message via AIM to trista
I'll most def be there c:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Amen. E-harmony has a monthly fee....can you believe that? If only those suckers knew about TST!
trista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #48
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Ken, gimme a call sometime this week, I've got a few KILLER ideas to make this **** INTENSE!

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #49
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning View Post
^^^ hey Ken it seems like you are running point on this. We have done several dyno benefit days in the past and to be honest with ya the majority of the money is going to come from food, drink, and snack sales. Also if you know anybody that does shirts and other related stuff like that.

Reason being is that only so many people are going to be able to dyno, but everybody is gonna wanna eat, drink or maybe buy a shirt related to the event. So get together some contacts on that kinda stuff and when you get all lined up we will go over on the best day possible for this.

Thanks, Vince
Awesome, thanks Vince. This gives me some direction on the things I should be working on to make this successful. I have a friend who does silk screening, and Im sure would love the opportunity to make some shirts up, but Im the furthest thing from an artist, so maybe a TST member would want to work on a design?

James, Ill send you a text in a little bit. I doubt youre awake yet.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #50
DownforceTom
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7090

My Ride:
05 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx View Post
Awesome, thanks Vince. This gives me some direction on the things I should be working on to make this successful. I have a friend who does silk screening, and Im sure would love the opportunity to make some shirts up, but Im the furthest thing from an artist, so maybe a TST member would want to work on a design?
Make stickers. Everyone buys stickers. I know there's some members on here that can do it.

Quote:
did that STi make your dick grow bigger too?
DownforceTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #51
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

wouldn't mind seeing what my slowstang is at...
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #52
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

WOOT! Got my boy bringing his 69 SS/Z28 out with a 572 w/ blower. I just hope the dyno can handle it...lol

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #53
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Ive been wanting to see/hear a 572 in person for a loooong time.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:24 AM   #54
PunkboySL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7050

My Ride:
Saturns> 94' SW2, 94' SC2

Send a message via AIM to PunkboySL2
I'll try and show up even if I don't dyno my car. I'd like to stop up and check out the cars and buy a shirt or something.

I don't think my turbo car will be running by then seeing as I don't have the money for the megasquirt yet, or maybe I'll just go for disappointment and dyno the wagon haha.
96 Saturn SL2m - built, then wrecked [RIP]
PunkboySL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #55
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

Let's keep the interest up and the word spreading!
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #56
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

R/T Guys can you handle a 1000HP+ on this dyno or not???

If not any objections to pegging the dyno for good ole fun??

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #57
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Depending on the day, I may be interested.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:18 AM   #58
Wizdom
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #18726

My Ride:
05 SRT-4 12.5 @ 119

I'm down, weather it's Jan or spring. I'll be there.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #59
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Think there'd be any interest to demolish a car with a baseball bat? My Dodge Neon threw a rod last week- its not really worth anything to part, scrap, or fix. I was thinking something like 3 swings for $5 with a baseball bat. Id be willing to donate the car if we can generate a couple hundred just by beating the remaining life out of it. Of course Id clean up the mess and have the car hauled away. Feel free to shoot that idea down- just trying to come up with as many ideas to generate money as possible!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #60
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGz Turbo View Post
R/T Guys can you handle a 1000HP+ on this dyno or not???

If not any objections to pegging the dyno for good ole fun??
We can run this thing up to 200mph and handle a max of 1500 horsepower so we have you covered.
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote